After KONG, what's next for ol' PJ?

LanternFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just watched Bad Taste for the second time & found myself wondering what mister Jackson might be up to after his Kong remake.

Are we getting The Hobbit next???

Who's heard anything?

According to IMDb the next movie he will direct is The Lovely Bones

Based on the best selling book by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones is the story of a 14-year-old girl from suburban Pennsylvania who is murdered by her neighbor. She tells the story from Heaven, showing the lives of the people around her and how they have changed all while attempting to get someone to find her lost body.

^ I think Jackson might be a one hit wonder judging by that premise.

Peter Jackson has publicly stated that he'd like to do the Hobbit as a tv miniseries and not a movie.

He thinks there is just too much material to fit within a three hour movie.

I think he's right.

Isnt he on the Halo team ?

IMDB = the LAST place to trust on ANYTHING

& hey a Mini Series for The Hobbit would be PERFECT :up:

The next movies he will be producing/directing are Halo and The Lovely Bones. Personally, a movie I would like for Peter Jackson to produce/direct is Namor. Seeing what Peter Jackson did with the Lord of The Rings I would like to see his take on Namor, especially the look of the undersea mythical kingdom of Atlantis.

BT18 said:
^ I think Jackson might be a one hit wonder judging by that premise.

how would he be a one-hit wonder if he's already made 3 great movies and is about release another potentially great movie this christmas?

DorkyFresh said:
how would he be a one-hit wonder if he's already made 3 great movies and is about release another potentially great movie this christmas?

Don't forget to include his cult hit splatter-comedy Dead Alive as well as his well received Heavenly Creatures.

DorkyFresh said:

To me he would be if one considers the 3 movies to be parts of one whole. Which I was considering it for the purpouses of him "hitting". Sorry if that's unacceptable. Individually I thought only the first 2 were signifigantly good movies, but if you do look at the trilogy as a whole, which again, I was, then to me it's overall good.

And I also don't think that King Kong is going to be very good. I'm prejudging but plenty of that goes on around here and if I think it's good when I see it I'll say so. There aren't very many movies that aren't "potentially good".

General reply . . .

What's next? The Lovely Bones is very common knowledge and mentioned in this thread already. After that? Only Jackson knows, although I'd guess the old Jack Brown Genius project might get resurrected or maybe he'll be ready to take up another huge blockbuster again. Given his friendship with Andrew Adamson and Weta's involvement with the imminent Narnia film, I'd even be prepared to speculate that he might take up a future Narnia sequel . . . pure speculation though, but anything's possible with Adamson now having helmed Shrek movies and Narnia.

The Hobbit? No. Much publicised property law killing that possibility that it's amazing that people still bother to suggest it at all.

Halo? Jackson's nothing more than an executive producer. Nothing to get excited over.

. . . And lastly, the one-hit wonder comment is almost amusing. :p

I'd love to see him direct a Legend of Zelda movie but that's just a fanboy wetdream. Of course, Halo would be amazing as well, but again, fanboy wetdream, but that one could be a little bit more realistic. A Thor movie with jackson could be interesting.

Galactus said:
According to IMDb the next movie he will direct is The Lovely Bones

Based on the best selling book by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones is the story of a 14-year-old girl from suburban Pennsylvania who is murdered by her neighbor. She tells the story from Heaven, showing the lives of the people around her and how they have changed all while attempting to get someone to find her lost body.
That sounds kind of....stupid. The "Telling her story from heaven" bit.

Well here's to hoping he's thinking of taking over for Namor or possibly Thor.

Well, after Return of The King, Jackson went on record saying that he was going to do something small after doing the LOTR trilogy. We see how that whole deal is working out, if you count a three hour long movie about a 30 ft. tall gorilla stomping T-Rex's and causing havoc in 1930's NYC as a small film. I look forward to his work on Halo and hopefully a movie of The Hobbit. There really isn't that much to cover in the book that he couldn't do in a movie. Now a TV series based on The Silmarillion. THAT would be something.

dude should re-visit gory horror.
Screw all this fog and slo-mo wispy silk and filtered lenses. :down.

Lovely Bones actually sounds interesting to me, a real psychological drama. I dunno about the rest of you guys but I love character studies.

I hope that PJ decides to make an ANZAC based World War I film. There have been rumors going around about this for a while now so I hope it proves to be true.

There is no more material in The Hobbit as there was in FOTR, TTT, or ROTK, so that does not make any sense. As someone else mentioned, a limited series, say one episode per chapter, of The Silmarillion would make all the sense in the world. I have no idea what he's doing after King Kong, PJ keeps saying he wants to do something small and intimate, but first he signs on for KK, and now he's part of the HALO team, which he could very well end up directing himself. I agree that his take on Namor would be cool though, I can only imagine WETA's underwater environments.

Lovely Bones sounds a little like the first season of Desperate Housewives.

lol, yeah it does now that you mention it. Hadn't thought of it like that.

Lol the similarities are there.

- Murder/Suicide
- Narration from heaven
- Showing the lives of people they left
- Suburbia
- Mystery of who killed her/Why she killed herself
- Neighbors killing neighbors
- People trying to figure out who killed them
- Both Women(this is a stretch)

My mother and father read The Lovely Bones over the summer and both loved it. It's their favorite book and they highly recommended it to me so I guess it's a good book. Maybe I'll get around to reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"