Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by blalex620, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Superman/Batman team up film and Avengers sequel in the same year, I, I can't breathe.

2. blalex620

blalex620 Comics, Books, Games

Ant-Man comes after Avengers so that's not possible unless they only explore Ultron's origins in Ant-Man

3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

There is a description of a A:AoU teaser out there?:wow:

4. blalex620

Well since most of us haven't heard the teaser care to elaborate?

5. blalex620

As much as I didn't have a problem with them changing the Mandarin building Ultron is a part of Hank's character as much as Stark being an alcoholic is important to his character. I don't think it's something that should be changed.

6. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

It's in the general thread. But basically Iron Man's helmet is crushed, dented, and reformed into Ultron's face. And the teaser specifically focused on Iron Man's helmet. There was nothing else there.

7. KRYPTON INC.

Hmmm.... That's vague at best.

8. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

It's not vague, and it does *not* suggest that Tony Stark builds Ultron.

It suggest that Ultron takes over the Iron Man suit.
    Just like in the comics, people.
    C'mon. This is Marvel Comics 101. Not that hard to figure out.

9. blalex620

While that could mean that Stark creates Ultron it's not definite and shouldn't be taken as it. It's one of many possibilities.

10. Mr. Dent

Wow, you're saying it's not that hard to figure out...you're pulling it completely out of nowhere! What's not hard to figure out is an obvious artistic technique to say that Ultron is formed from Iron Man. That's literally what it is saying. It meaning he takes over Iron Man's suit doesn't make any sense from the standpoint of a teaser. A teaser like that would have something that hints at the foundation of the story. Ultron taking over Iron Man's suit would be an arbitrary plot point at best. The teaser is hinting at something, and it MEANS something that Ultron is formed out of Iron Man's helmet. If they wanted to say Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit then they would not literally FORGE Ultron out of his helmet to say that.

It's all hearsay for now but there's no ****ing way you put that teaser being to mean Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit above it suggest Iron Man literally creating him on the possibilities list, since that's literally what the teaser is saying.

Yeah you're right but that's the one that's at the top of my possibilities list.

11. Asteroid-Man

Asteroid-Man Ham Sammiches

Yes! Bring on Ultron!

12. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

This sounds great, kudos to all the fans who predicted Ultron!

13. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

Unless you havent read a Avengers comic book since 1985.

This was the last one I ever read...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  14. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

I knew both were 2015, but was unaware of exact release dates.

15. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, I'm pulling it "completely out of nowhere." :whatever:

Obviously, you can leave out the Sentry and Ares and Skrulls, but the basics of the original storyline are there.

I'll tell you what *doesn't* make any sense: that Joss Whedon would kill Avengers canon outright by taking Pym off Ultron's backstory completely, and simultaneously bushwhack Edgar Wright's subsequent Ant-Man film in the process.

Pym belongs to Ultron. Ultron belongs to Pym. You and I both know that full well. No way is Joss going to throw that kind of Avengers canon down the crapper.

16. Mr. Dent

Yes, you are pulling it completely out of nowhere with this! How do you even get Ultron being FORGED from Iron Man's helmet to = Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit. The obvious first thing you should come to is Ultron is created from Iron Man, not that he takes him over.

This is not the comic books. Yes, Ultron is Pym's in the comic books but that means nothing in the MCU. Look at Mandarin. Look at every Iron Man villain. They've changed them all. Hell, we already know Pietro and Wanda will be fundamentally changed to an extent,

You have to look at what makes the most sense in the MCU, and what makes the most sense right now is for Iron Man to be the one to create Ultron. There are a lot more positives to him creating Ultron in the movieverse than Pym...whose only positive is really "we stayed true to the comics!" And like I keep saying, Pym may not be what we think he is in the MCU! Don't take that for granted. Everyone is just pretending like Wright never said in his Ant-Man script that Scott Lang is the primary protag and Pym is an old guy. That script may not be as changed as we thought.

I'm just saying at the very least prepare yourself to deal with it. Also, remember that for Ultron itself, Pym being specifically the one to build him does not really matter. All the prerequisite needs to be is a scientist who thinks he is bettering the world builds Ultron. That fits Tony to a tee. So all your worries are really founded on Pym's character being butchered, and like I said, he may not be at all like in the comics in the first place.

17. ThePhantasm

Yeah, Marvel's never done that before *coughmandarincough*

18. KRYPTON INC.

Sam... Let's bring it down to warp factor one. It could just as easily be a metaphoric image using the iconography of what is currently the most popular character in the MCU Avengers roster to indicate that Ultron is a threat that can crush the teams combined power. Just saying. :yay:

19. ThePhantasm

No, with cherokeesam it tends to be either his way or the highway. No other theory is ever a remote possibility.

20. KRYPTON INC.

I'll heed your advice... But only because you have what appears to be a short haired moonwalking Jesus as an Avvy.

21. ThePhantasm

Your intuition serves you well, my friend.

22. blalex620

That actually does make a perfect starting point for an Ultron as the villain Avengers movie. It actually allows for Ultron to still have been created by Pym too. I think about it like this: The Ultron A.I. somehow get's out and goes to the most tech advanced place: Stark's lab. There it overrides one of his suits taking it and fashioning his body out of it. Then a whole bunch of other stuff ensues. There's three places to go from here. 1) They could introduce the Pym's before they become heroes. Stark could go to Hank for advice on how to stop Ultron since he built the A.I. It could only be a cameo role. 2) They could introduce the Pym's as heroes in the final battle against Ultron. 3) They could give no indication of where Ultron came from and just have the Avengers figure out a way to defeat it on their own.

Option 1 would honestly be the best, imo, because it would allow Ant-Man to delve into the repercussions of Ultron on Pym and his subsequent decision to become a hero to never let something like Ultron happen again. This would be assuming Edgar Wright is up to making Ant-Man a continuation of Avengers.

23. KRYPTON INC.

My mom was a huge LOST fan, as I was, and she got into POI for Ben Linus. She keeps telling me to check it out, but there are just so many hours in a day, y'know?

24. Mr. Dent

That's not his fault. I'm the one who said that's a metaphor for Iron Man creating Ultron (...which it is....)

25. KRYPTON INC.

We shall all see in time I suppose. :word: