Age of Ultron Age of Ultron Prelude: The Scepter'D Isle

Interesting, but does this tell us anything we don't already know? We know the twins were 'volunteers' for the Hydra experiments and the link between the tesseract and sceptre was noted in the Avengers.

It is interesting that Sokovia is referred to as a city as I thought this was usually a Eastern European country?

Wait so this wasn't even announced, when is the one where the Avengers take on Hydra coming out?

Also I see Pietro has silver hair, even though in the TWS scene he had brown did he not, I presumed his hair went silver after the experimenting.

https://www.comixology.com/Avengers...ed-Isle-Infinite-Comic-1/digital-comic/187763

The Battle of New York is over, but the war has just begun! S.H.I.E.L.D. is taking a vested interest in artifacts recovered from the cataclysm...but they're not the only ones! Dive deeper into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with this prelude to the upcoming film Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron in the stunning Infinite Comics style!

Wait so this wasn't even announced, when is the one where the Avengers take on Hydra coming out?

Also I see Pietro has silver hair, even though in the TWS scene he had brown did he not, I presumed his hair went silver after the experimenting.

Pietro's hair is brown streaked with white/silver in the TWS end credits so my guess is the experiments and coming into his powers sped up (heh) his road to grey.

There's some interesting set up for the scepter. Apparently it has a power output far beyond anything anyone else would have imagined and despite Selvig's statement that the Tesseract can't defend against "Itself" nobody at SHIELD or HYDRA has any explanation for how the two are connected.

There's a vague allusion to the rest of the Infinity Stones I assume will be further expounded upon in the actual movie.

Last edited:
Ill be so happy when we find out what the scepter really is.

I think at this point, I'd accept the scepter having the Mind Gem if the grand plan was in fact to get the Tesseract to Asgard (making Loki's "defeat" in A1 actually a victory) so Thanos could just target Earth, get the scepter, which allows him to open up a door to the Tesseract's location and strike Asgard from within (while nabbing his gauntlet from the armory while he's at it).

Why aren't these comics being filmed in lieu of actual one-shots? Seems like the perfect way to build even more hype

Why aren't these comics being filmed in lieu of actual one-shots? Seems like the perfect way to build even more hype

I heard Marvel stopped doing the one-shots so that money and time could be used for the Netflix shows.

That makes sense. MAYBE Netflix will continue with them at some point?

The comics are like Filler. They tend to fill in what has happened between films and I hope THIS time we get the info like we did with the last Avengers Prelude, Fury's big week.

Thing is, I can't imagine many people read them. Whereas on a Blu-Ray, they'd get watched. I dunno, I feel like this is a bad delivery method for, albeit fairly inconsequential, plotting

There is zero in that comic that won't be explained in the film or couldn't be concluded anyway. Hydra experiments on the twins with the scepter, I mean we all knew that from TWS post credits, and I'm sure AoU will go into more detail.

I think at this point, I'd accept the scepter having the Mind Gem if the grand plan was in fact to get the Tesseract to Asgard (making Loki's "defeat" in A1 actually a victory) so Thanos could just target Earth, get the scepter, which allows him to open up a door to the Tesseract's location and strike Asgard from within (while nabbing his gauntlet from the armory while he's at it).
It's a win win either way for Thanos.

Either Loki takes the Earth and Two Infinity Stones are on the same planet. Or Loki loses the Earth, the Tesseract is back on Asgard, and Thanos picks up the Tesseract and the Gauntlet at the same time.

Either scenario he is picking up two things in the same place.

Thing is, I can't imagine many people read them. Whereas on a Blu-Ray, they'd get watched. I dunno, I feel like this is a bad delivery method for, albeit fairly inconsequential, plotting

Actually Marvel seemed to have the opposite view. Not on the comics being seen more but that in general it wasn't cost effective to make a bunch of short films that were gonna get regulated to DVD extras and probably not be seen by large portions of the audience anyway.

If telling a side story or little prequel things is the goal then comics are less of a cash sink because at least they're pay-to-read content and cost much less to produce, whereas they got no direct revenue from the one-shots. It was basically just burning money, albeit as a nice little treat for the fans.

Last edited:
I had a thought that maybe Lokis scepter is a Terrigen crystal. Since when you poke someone with inhuman genes, it gives them super powers.

Actually Marvel seemed to have the opposite view. Not on the comics being seen more but that in general it wasn't cost effective to make a bunch of short films that were gonna get regulated to DVD extras and probably not be seen by large portions of the audience anyway.

If telling a side story or little prequel things is the goal then comics are less of a cash sink because at least they're pay-to-read content and cost much less to produce, whereas they got no direct revenue from the one-shots. It was basically just burning money, albeit as a nice little treat for the fans.
I never got why they didn't adopt the Pixar model of running a One-Shot pre-movie. What a way to get audiences hyped than by revealing the true Mandarin before TWS, or even as a post-movie treat

It's interesting how the scepter seems like it's still gonna be important in the next Avengers movie. How much power does it retain anyway now? Can it still be used for mind control like Loki used it? o_O I find it weird that Thor didn't take the scepter back to Asgard along with the Tesseract.

Ya know, The Avengers steal the scepter back from Strucker at the beginning of the movie. I cant wait to see what they do with it afterwards.

Probably not much. Banner and Stark do some experiments. It brings Ultron to life.

I had a thought that maybe Lokis scepter is a Terrigen crystal. Since when you poke someone with inhuman genes, it gives them super powers.

I'd be okay with that. Only loose end would be the "mind control" thing.
Unless they want to bring in the "brain slot" thing from IM3, and say the scepter can either instruct a dormant Inhuman gene (which may have something to do with that slot) to become active, or if the person being poked doesn't have that Inhuman gene, then their brain slot gets filled by "truth", truth being the wielder's goals and motivations, which completely overwrites the affected person's own motivations (hence why Selvig and Barton weren't exactly mindless, they were still themselves, but were suddenly loyal servants to Loki).

^^ Also we have to remember that the MCU is an alt take on the comics, so they could make a Terrigen crystal be able to do more than what theyre originally known for.

Finally read this, was glad to be filled in as to what happened, but kind of disappointed it was only one book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"