Age of Ultron Age of Ultron

I think that Ultron was a really good idea.

Perhaps he will be comming for adamantium or vibranium at some point in the movie.
I hope we get to see BP, Wakanda and vibranium ofc. If he chased adamantium they could however involve wolverine but that wont prolly happen.

Not too excited about this. The idea of a sentient robot being the big obstacle bores me to tears. It also means far less screen time since he'd be completely CGI than say a baddie like Thanos.
A sentient AI that can take over the interwebz Skynet style is an awesome threat. Hulk and Thor can't crush every computer on earth.

Hey Rock didn't you say the same exact thing about alien invasions before Avengers?

Perhaps he will be comming for adamantium or vibranium at some point in the movie.
I hope we get to see BP, Wakanda and vibranium ofc. If he chased adamantium they could however involve wolverine but that wont prolly happen.

Please don't kickstart the Wolverine nonsense.

Hey Rock didn't you say the same exact thing about alien invasions before Avengers?

I think I might've said something similar yes. Luckily the rest of the movie made up for the cliche.

Look, I get it ...... having an army of mindless Chitauri or sentient Ultron armors gives the Avengers something to pummel and destroy. At the end of the day though, I'm more of a Darth Vader kind of guy.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Since Wakanda is going to be in A:AOU then I imagine this time around it'll be vibranium? It'll have to be because in the MCU no freakin' robot is a match for Thor, unless he gets his hand on something like that.

When was it mentioned that Wakanda will be in AoU?

We still don't know what route they will take though. They could still be doing the 1 baddie route, my preference. It fits with "smaller more personal story" as per Joss.

Look, I get it ...... having an army of mindless Chitauri or sentient Ultron armors gives the Avengers something to pummel and destroy. At the end of the day though, I'm more of a Darth Vader kind of guy.
asthmatic?

Do people still not understand that certain characters CANNOT crossover. The properties are owned by different companies. It seems someone always has some crazy crossover idea. Would we all love to see them crossover, obviously. Fact is it isn't happening anytime soon.

I am excited about seeing Ultron in Avengers 2. His role as the villain makes me question how the villain angle of SW/QS is going to be handled, in reference to him.
they're going to be villians?

Agree you with.

These are superhero films and everyone loves the coolness, explosions..etc Part of the fun is movie technology finally being at a point where it can show us some of the things we saw on the comic book pages in live action.

But characterization and plot shouldnt suffer because of cool explosions.

Having said all that, Ultron to me will always be Avengers enemy no1. As a kid, he was always the one character that made me say "oh uh" when he popped up.

Also Whedon made some comments about Avengers2 being a more personal story, with darker overtones, that deals with death.

So dont write off potential of dealing with Ultron as just cool CGI yet.

We'll have to wait and see what Whedon comes up with.

I just pray they don't go the Iron Man 2 route and have Avengers smashing robots because that's a good way to show PG violence. That gets repetitive FAST and has no real consequences.

I just pray they don't go the Iron Man 2 route and have Avengers smashing robots because that's a good way to show PG violence. That gets repetitive FAST and has no real consequences.

smashing fleshies has consequences too. parents don't bring their kids. movie makes less money. me, i think the middle ground is having Ultron take control of an army of SHIELD LMDs to mind**** the Avengers; forcing them to fight machines that can pass for human.

I want it to be Ultron taking on the whole team. He could do all sorts of things like taking over weapons SHIELD weapons systems too. No more cannon fodder please.

After hearing about Age of Ultron, I took some time to digest how this would work, with what we have seen thus far in the MCU, and the beginning of Phase 2 with IM3. Frankly, Ultron didn't seem to fit in the current MCU environment by my estimation.

But, then it hit me...there was something I hadn't factored in....

Agents of SHIELD.

I am theorizing that at some point during Agents of Shield, as we progress towards the release date for A:AoU, we'll see a story arc in Agents of SHIELD which will introduce us to a super intelligent scientist who SHIELD is keeping an eye on (queue the cameo appearance of whoever will be playing Antman in the movie) and in this story arc, we'll get a brief tutorial on what we need to know about our scientist and what he is doing, as well as see the development of Ultron's programming progress.

By going this route, Marvel could introduce Ultron, without needing Antman to release ahead of the Avengers sequel, and without even needing the Antman character in the movie, except in maybe a cameo or supporting role as himself, and not as Antman...and it can serve as a catalyst for what drives the scientist to become Antman.

It's an ideal way to not only boost interest and viewership of Agents of SHIELD, but also a perfect way to serve as a hype machine for the movie release, and it rewards those loyal viewers who not only go see the movies, but are supporting the television product as well.

It's a genius marketing move, if this is the route Marvel / Disney / ABC takes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"