Age of Ultron Age of Ultron

That actually does make a perfect starting point for an Ultron as the villain Avengers movie. It actually allows for Ultron to still have been created by Pym too. I think about it like this: The Ultron A.I. somehow get's out and goes to the most tech advanced place: Stark's lab. There it overrides one of his suits taking it and fashioning his body out of it. Then a whole bunch of other stuff ensues. There's three places to go from here. 1) They could introduce the Pym's before they become heroes. Stark could go to Hank for advice on how to stop Ultron since he built the A.I. It could only be a cameo role. 2) They could introduce the Pym's as heroes in the final battle against Ultron. 3) They could give no indication of where Ultron came from and just have the Avengers figure out a way to defeat it on their own.

Option 1 would honestly be the best, imo, because it would allow Ant-Man to delve into the repercussions of Ultron on Pym and his subsequent decision to become a hero to never let something like Ultron happen again. This would be assuming Edgar Wright is up to making Ant-Man a continuation of Avengers.

Option 1 is exactly what I believe will happen.
I believe Pym cameos in AoU as the guy who actually created Ultron, but when it goes haywire, the Avengers have to come to him for help. Hell, he might even get to suit up and shrink down to go gallivanting through Ultron's microcircuitry (like he always does) to try to fix the damage. But we don't get an in-depth backstory on Pym until a few months later with Wright's film (regardless of whether or not Pym is the title character or Lang is). The Pyms and/or Lang can then get their Membership Cards in the mail at the end of the Ant-Man movie.

That's not his fault. I'm the one who said that's a metaphor for Iron Man creating Ultron (...which it is....)

In your opinion.

In *my* opinion, the mask sequence (as described) shows Iron Man's helmet getting beaten and smashed, not forged. And replaced with Ultron's head, not rebuilt.

Since neither of us have actually *seen* the sequence for ourselves, all we have is *opinions.* Neither of which is more "right" than the other. Once we see that teaser animation ourselves, we can drop back and punt if need be.

We should get along as fans! :awesome:

You think this is bad you should go see the arguments between Superman and Batman fans about the Supes/Bats movie... lol

I think me and Sam have an understanding by now that we're both just really passionate about this stuff lol.

You think this is bad you should go see the arguments between Superman and Batman fans about the Supes/Bats movie... lol
I can only imagine what's going on over there. Probably arguing over who's going to get more screen time, who'll be better developed as a character, and who is more powerful. Glad I'm just not into DC Comics and their associated movies.

I feel like less of a fan because I always post very little and not paragraphs and paragraphs of content lol. I do enough of that at my stinking college!

College is actually why I do this. Gets me away from thinking about writing essays for boring papers lol.

Superman/Batman team up film and Avengers sequel in the same year, I, I can't breathe.

Don't forget Star Wars and everything else.

I'd love it if the movie spans across at least a few years. What I'd like to see is Ultron pulling a Skynet and that we end up with a setting like this:

[YT]4cta8KBPAjE[/YT]

Just imagine Captain America leading resistance soldiers against Ultron in a 'battered all hope is lost" type world with no idea if the other Avengers disassembled with no idea whether they are alive or dead.

I'd die happy if that's happening.

What are the chances of Ant-Man getting pushed up to April? :/

It's only been a few hours since the panel ended and already a fight has broken out over details we won't know for sure until the film comes out. Some things never change.

As someone who has been an Ultron fan since I first read Avengers #56 - #58, I am absolutely thrilled by the news. He is the Avengers ultimate foe, at least for me, as he is absolutely obsessed with the team and intimately involved with its members as no other foe has been. Despite being a robot, Ultron acts from complex, twisted emotional needs that rival those of Loki in depth and intensity. Perhaps that is what Whedon means when he says that The Age of Ultron will be a more personal battle for the heroes.

Although I really want Hank Pym to be Ultron's "father," I am willing to wait and see how things develop. The person I will blame if Pym is excised from the story is Edgar Wright, since he has held Ant-Man hostage for years. Yes, Marvel allowed the delays, but that deprived us of Hank and Jan on the team, which will always annoy me. If Ultron is affected, too, that will compound the sin.

DO NOT start a fan war in here lol They're upset enough as it is about World's Finest lol

Its gonna be Great as years full of Superhero movies are coming Ahead fellas .
Marvel and DC are never be the same we might even start to get movie Crossovers in few years :woot:

I just know the big twist.
In the end, The Avengers will realize that Ultron doesn't exist and they were fighting a sentient toaster.

Isildur´s Heir;26419453 said:
In the end, The Avengers will realize that Ultron doesn't exist and they were fighting a sentient toaster.
Space Toaster huh? lol

Space Toaster huh? lol
No, The Brave Little Toaster.

11XnubN.gif

Isildur´s Heir;26419453 said:

Somehow, I feel like Joss Whedon could pull that off. :funny:

I'm not familiar with Ultron that much. If he's a robot, why can't Hulk or Thor just smash him? Does he have an army of robots? I'm concerned the ending battle might look too much like the first one.

I could take a villain who has no connections origin being changed for the sake of the story but if they make Ultron Iron Man centric it will truly be the first signs of me getting fed up with the MCU. I find it hard to believe a guy like Whedon who grew up on the classic Avengers story deviating that far from Avengers cannon. Pym creating and being responsible for Ultron is one of the Avengers cornerstone storylines and Pyms most defining element. Without that character point what would be the point of even having Hank and Jan exist. Ant-Man would have to focus on the lesser Ant-Men.

I'm not familiar with Ultron that much. If he's a robot, why can't Hulk or Thor just smash him? Does he have an army of robots? I'm concerned the ending battle might look too much like the first one.
he's more a very sophisticated AI uploaded into the body of a very powerful robot. He's not confined to that body, though and can upload himself into any computer system.

Eventually he has so many bodies in reserve that he just transfers his mind to another body. At one point he is made of Admantium

Eventually he has so many bodies in reserve that he just transfers his mind to another body. At one point he is made of Admantium

Hmmmm. Since Wakanda is going to be in A:AOU then I imagine this time around it'll be vibranium? It'll have to be because in the MCU no freakin' robot is a match for Thor, unless he gets his hand on something like that.

Not too excited about this. The idea of a sentient robot being the big obstacle bores me to tears. It also means far less screen time since he'd be completely CGI than say a baddie like Thanos.

Thanks for sharing this important piece of information.

Truth be told, I am happy they are avoiding the Time Travel element, as it would make the film a little too similar to Days of Future Past.

Exactly. I mean DOFP has Sentinels, Quicksilver/Witch, and time travel. All A:AOU would be missing was the time travel part.

Actually now that I think about it, it's still eerily similar.

Last edited:
Ultron is entirely different than the sentinals. He has a personality and a warped philosophy that threatens all mankind not just mutant kind. Sentinals are just mere instruments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"