Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by blalex620, Jul 20, 2013.

1. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Option 1 is exactly what I believe will happen.
    I believe Pym cameos in AoU as the guy who actually created Ultron, but when it goes haywire, the Avengers have to come to him for help. Hell, he might even get to suit up and shrink down to go gallivanting through Ultron's microcircuitry (like he always does) to try to fix the damage. But we don't get an in-depth backstory on Pym until a few months later with Wright's film (regardless of whether or not Pym is the title character or Lang is). The Pyms and/or Lang can then get their Membership Cards in the mail at the end of the Ant-Man movie.

In your opinion.

In *my* opinion, the mask sequence (as described) shows Iron Man's helmet getting beaten and smashed, not forged. And replaced with Ultron's head, not rebuilt.

Since neither of us have actually *seen* the sequence for ourselves, all we have is *opinions.* Neither of which is more "right" than the other. Once we see that teaser animation ourselves, we can drop back and punt if need be.

2. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

lol omg

3. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

We should get along as fans! :awesome:

4. ares834

ares834 Vader's Fist

You think this is bad you should go see the arguments between Superman and Batman fans about the Supes/Bats movie... lol

5. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I think me and Sam have an understanding by now that we're both just really passionate about this stuff lol.

6. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I can only imagine what's going on over there. Probably arguing over who's going to get more screen time, who'll be better developed as a character, and who is more powerful. Glad I'm just not into DC Comics and their associated movies.

7. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I feel like less of a fan because I always post very little and not paragraphs and paragraphs of content lol. I do enough of that at my stinking college!

8. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

College is actually why I do this. Gets me away from thinking about writing essays for boring papers lol.

9. smallville fan

Don't forget Star Wars and everything else.

I'd love it if the movie spans across at least a few years. What I'd like to see is Ultron pulling a Skynet and that we end up with a setting like this:

[YT]4cta8KBPAjE[/YT]

Just imagine Captain America leading resistance soldiers against Ultron in a 'battered all hope is lost" type world with no idea if the other Avengers disassembled with no idea whether they are alive or dead.

I'd die happy if that's happening.

10. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

What are the chances of Ant-Man getting pushed up to April? :/

11. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

It's only been a few hours since the panel ended and already a fight has broken out over details we won't know for sure until the film comes out. Some things never change.

As someone who has been an Ultron fan since I first read Avengers #56 - #58, I am absolutely thrilled by the news. He is the Avengers ultimate foe, at least for me, as he is absolutely obsessed with the team and intimately involved with its members as no other foe has been. Despite being a robot, Ultron acts from complex, twisted emotional needs that rival those of Loki in depth and intensity. Perhaps that is what Whedon means when he says that The Age of Ultron will be a more personal battle for the heroes.

Although I really want Hank Pym to be Ultron's "father," I am willing to wait and see how things develop. The person I will blame if Pym is excised from the story is Edgar Wright, since he has held Ant-Man hostage for years. Yes, Marvel allowed the delays, but that deprived us of Hank and Jan on the team, which will always annoy me. If Ultron is affected, too, that will compound the sin.

12. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

DO NOT start a fan war in here lol They're upset enough as it is about World's Finest lol

13. SilentWarriorZ

SilentWarriorZ lemonidas

Its gonna be Great as years full of Superhero movies are coming Ahead fellas .
    Marvel and DC are never be the same we might even start to get movie Crossovers in few years :woot:

14. Isildur´s Heir

Isildur´s Heir Well-Known Member

I just know the big twist.
    In the end, The Avengers will realize that Ultron doesn't exist and they were fighting a sentient toaster.

15. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Space Toaster huh? lol

16. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

No, The Brave Little Toaster.

[​IMG]

17. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Somehow, I feel like Joss Whedon could pull that off. :funny:

18. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with Ultron that much. If he's a robot, why can't Hulk or Thor just smash him? Does he have an army of robots? I'm concerned the ending battle might look too much like the first one.

19. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

I could take a villain who has no connections origin being changed for the sake of the story but if they make Ultron Iron Man centric it will truly be the first signs of me getting fed up with the MCU. I find it hard to believe a guy like Whedon who grew up on the classic Avengers story deviating that far from Avengers cannon. Pym creating and being responsible for Ultron is one of the Avengers cornerstone storylines and Pyms most defining element. Without that character point what would be the point of even having Hank and Jan exist. Ant-Man would have to focus on the lesser Ant-Men.

20. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

he's more a very sophisticated AI uploaded into the body of a very powerful robot. He's not confined to that body, though and can upload himself into any computer system.

21. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

From @empiremagazine

22. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Eventually he has so many bodies in reserve that he just transfers his mind to another body. At one point he is made of Admantium

23. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Thanks for sharing this important piece of information.

Truth be told, I am happy they are avoiding the Time Travel element, as it would make the film a little too similar to Days of Future Past.

24. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Since Wakanda is going to be in A:AOU then I imagine this time around it'll be vibranium? It'll have to be because in the MCU no freakin' robot is a match for Thor, unless he gets his hand on something like that.

Not too excited about this. The idea of a sentient robot being the big obstacle bores me to tears. It also means far less screen time since he'd be completely CGI than say a baddie like Thanos.

Exactly. I mean DOFP has Sentinels, Quicksilver/Witch, and time travel. All A:AOU would be missing was the time travel part.

Actually now that I think about it, it's still eerily similar.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  25. summerteeth

summerteeth Well-Known Member

Ultron is entirely different than the sentinals. He has a personality and a warped philosophy that threatens all mankind not just mutant kind. Sentinals are just mere instruments.