Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x14 - "The Man Behind the Shield" - Discussion Thread

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Synopsis:
A DEADLY TRAP LURES COULSON IN TO SAVE MACE, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“The Man Behind the Shield” – Mace fights for his life while Coulson and team find themselves in a deadly cat-and-mouse game as they attempt his rescue, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe.

Guest starring are Jason O’Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace, Mallory Jansen as Aida 2.0, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Zach McGowan as The Superior, Frederick Lawrence as guard, Stivi Paskoski as lead SVR agent and Alexander Chemyshev as Russian thug.

“The Man Behind the Shield” was written by Matt Owens and directed by Wendey Stanzler.

Promo:

https://youtu.be/Lm6Cuh-86Do

Ouch, the guy playing Mace's acting in that clip. :funny:

I'm going to try and watch it live tonight. I had a bit more caffeine. I'll just regret it tomorrow.

The "Sharks with lasers" line made me laugh!' SHIELD's enemy next season should be Dr. Evil! :funny:

GODS I can't wait to see this one!!!

Jesus ****...I would be scared as **** if I was Fitz and Simmons right now.

Oh snap...it needs to be next Tuesday right now.

Loved the reveal of the drink reference's origin and the Andrew allusions.

Good episode, looks like next weeks everything hits the fan. Going to be interesting to see how they get out of this one.

The ending of this episode was great, but I didn't like most of what came before.

I feel like they almost retconned May's personality in those flashbacks. It all seems so different, and Coulson/May as a couple seems really forced. This isn't helping with me thinking that this show is going to be cancelled either.

Mack was a dick to Fitz. Which seemed so out of place.

Why on Earth would Daisy just leave that guy there?

Mace is still so boring.

AIDA is essentially a mustache twirling villain now after that last scene.

Fitz and Simmons were the only ones that saved this. I'm so disappointed.

It wasn't so much a retcon as confirmation that May underwent a personality change after the tragedy in Bahrain.

Cause she's an LMD who has been programmed to do so

Idon't think that LMD Daisy defeated him. I think she was captured after that point. How exactly could they have made a LMD with her powers?

I wonder if Aida will try to assimilate Agnes's brain/memory to try to become Agnes. Her focus on the necklace all the time seems to imply that Agnes may be in there somewhere already.

Idon't think that LMD Daisy defeated him. I think she was captured after that point. How exactly could they have made a LMD with her powers?

I did not suggest that a LMD Daisy won the fight,I am referring to LMD Daisy being inserted into the moment precisely where the fight ends and she walks away and goes to contact the others on comms

I dont get why every time Mack says something like this, people act like it is not in his character. He has done it MANY times since he debuted on this show. He is the guy who opposes the way SHIELD does things and is a traditionalist in a world that is getting more and more sci-fi. In the comics he eventually quit over it and exposed the organization in a tell-all book.

That said...I HATE the LMD concept...hate in the comics as well. It's just an excuse to be able to kill people or turn them traitor and then wipe it away with "nope, wasnt really them" later on. Now that most of the team are LMDs, I'm about to throw in the towel on the show because the idea that ALL of the LMDs will be destroyed at the end of this storyline is becoming slim (apparently Aida had LMDs ready of the exact 4 SHIELD agents they needed...so we can assume there are hundreds...thousands?....of others running around). As if death is already practically meaningless in the MCU...now every death that ever happens can be erased with an "it was an LMD." I DESPISE this story and hope that it ends with the destruction of the entire LMD concept somehow.

I want Coulson dead. Unfortunately, they have written Mace to where he CAN'T take over as a real head of SHIELD, especially with powers.

Speaking of Mace...good lord...that actor is atrocious. Yeah...go ahead and kill him if that is the caliber of actor you thought was good for the role.

Quake's failure or refusal to kill the Watchdog leader is shocking. Do these agents even care about protecting innocent lives? Heck, most of the team still uses icer shots instead of bullets.

I've reached a point where I am no longer watching the show live...and am now barely getting through the entire episodes after they air.

Also...what the heck happened with Blake? Wasn't he aligned with the Watchdogs? This random scrub being the head of the group is underwhelming (yet we apparently have more to deal with regarding him).

The ending of this episode was great, but I didn't like most of what came before.

I feel like they almost retconned May's personality in those flashbacks. It all seems so different, and Coulson/May as a couple seems really forced. This isn't helping with me thinking that this show is going to be cancelled either.

Mack was a dick to Fitz. Which seemed so out of place.

Why on Earth would Daisy just leave that guy there?

Mace is still so boring.

AIDA is essentially a mustache twirling villain now after that last scene.

Fitz and Simmons were the only ones that saved this. I'm so disappointed.

some of the may personality traits are pre bahrain the cavalry presumably. Would give them points for that.

The may coulson relationship up to this season the presumption seemed to be mutual respect comrade in arms. retconning the flirting i think may undermine that. what ever about the future, let the writers develop their characters.

wasn't mad about the ending. The way they met as the sub moved out was suggestive enough. The penny dropping with simons and the computer screen was to much.

I dont get why every time Mack says something like this, people act like it is not in his character. He has done it MANY times since he debuted on this show. He is the guy who opposes the way SHIELD does things and is a traditionalist in a world that is getting more and more sci-fi. In the comics he eventually quit over it and exposed the organization in a tell-all book.

That said...I HATE the LMD concept...hate in the comics as well. It's just an excuse to be able to kill people or turn them traitor and then wipe it away with "nope, wasnt really them" later on. Now that most of the team are LMDs, I'm about to throw in the towel on the show because the idea that ALL of the LMDs will be destroyed at the end of this storyline is becoming slim (apparently Aida had LMDs ready of the exact 4 SHIELD agents they needed...so we can assume there are hundreds...thousands?....of others running around). As if death is already practically meaningless in the MCU...now every death that ever happens can be erased with an "it was an LMD." I DESPISE this story and hope that it ends with the destruction of the entire LMD concept somehow.

I want Coulson dead. Unfortunately, they have written Mace to where he CAN'T take over as a real head of SHIELD, especially with powers.

Speaking of Mace...good lord...that actor is atrocious. Yeah...go ahead and kill him if that is the caliber of actor you thought was good for the role.

Quake's failure or refusal to kill the Watchdog leader is shocking. Do these agents even care about protecting innocent lives? Heck, most of the team still uses icer shots instead of bullets.

I've reached a point where I am no longer watching the show live...and am now barely getting through the entire episodes after they air.

The only LMD storyline I liked was a Marvel What If.
latest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"