The Dark Knight AICN: Costume change happens ON camera?

What if the costume is like a robotic Iron Man type costume.
spidermannewarmor.jpg

That rarely goes over well.

That scene at Bruce's birthday when Fox suggests that he knows who Bruce is there is an unspoken agreement between them. I think Fox supports what Bruce is doing more than Alfred does and for different reasons. Those reasons have to do with Thomas Wayne's legacy and for Lucius who better than Bruce to do something about it.

That Lucius Fox knows and supports what Bruce is doing really brings to the forefront the reasons why Bruce is doing this.

I think it is just good storytelling.

I agree, that scene on his birthday as well as the additional scene where Bruce tells him to get to Wayne Enterprises were both great. I just see in this series Fox taking the place of Harold, which could be better since Fox is connected to his Father and the Wayne Legacy, both personally and professionally.

I GOT IT!!

He wants to resemble Superman a little more so the villians will think he has powers, so he'll get a pleather cape, tiny Calvin Klien Bat-underwear, shrink the Bat Symbol on his chest, and have tiny little Bats all over the Bat Symbol, the cowl, and his boots!!

It's not that it doesn't "work" in the movie, it's just too much of a change for me, personally. And I think it slightly weakens Alfred's position - if Alfred's his only confidant it makes their relationship more special. Besides, Alfred's already a connection to his father.
Agreed. One of the problems with Begins was that everybody and his mother was a father figure to Bruce.

I just don't like Fox knowing he's Batman, but since he already does and it's too late for that, he may as well just be Batman's Q in this franchise. I don't like it but it can't really be undone.

I think from this point on, Fox will be more exclusive to his traditional role (obvious, considering his promotion at the end of Begins). He'll just happen to have that unspoken understanding with Bruce, kind of like Robbie in Spider-Man. However, he'll probably be involved in some sort of corporate subplot considering, well...when you have Freeman, you gotta have more than a cameo.

But I'd be surprised if we even revisit Applied Sciences at all. Fox is no longer down there, he's got the whole company to run.

spidermannewarmor.jpg

That rarely goes over well.

There's absolutely nothing robotic about that suit visually though (apart from the 3 (!?! - why not 4?) Spider legs. It's much, much more traditionally superheroic and far less robotic than the Begins suit.

Agreed. One of the problems with Begins was that everybody and his mother was a father figure to Bruce.

Actually, I rather liked that- it strenghtened the plausability of Bruce's sense of loss (as opposed to mere anger) following the death of his parents. It also helps to explain why Bruce initially allowed Ducard to take him under his wing.

Actually, I rather liked that- it strenghtened the plausability of Bruce's sense of loss (as opposed to mere anger) following the death of his parents. It also helps to explain why Bruce initially allowed Ducard to take him under his wing.

That is superior posting regwec! Impressive.

Agreed. I've gone on record saying that Ra's training Bruce should be retconned into the comics, where it would work even better than it does in the film, strengthening the ties between Ra's, Bruce, and Talia, like a pseudo-family.

Agreed. I've gone on record saying that Ra's training Bruce should be retconned into the comics, where it would work even better than it does in the film, strengthening the ties between Ra's, Bruce, and Talia, like a pseudo-family.

I don't know if I want it retconned into the comics necessarily, but Ra's training Bruce is definitely one of the good changes from comic to film, and I've never understood the hate some people have for it (I guess it's simply because it's a change at all).

It makes Batman's ultimate rejection of Ra's so much more powerful.

Actually, I rather liked that- it strenghtened the plausability of Bruce's sense of loss (as opposed to mere anger) following the death of his parents.
In what way would Bruce's sense of loss be less plausible if only he felt it? Or if Alfred alone shared his grief?

I could see Joker throwing acid on Batman and that's where we see the new batsuit. I want to see a Batsuit that is something like spiderman and superman. That's what I want.

A BatTank,but in suit form to take out the mob with armor piercing bullets that his old suit can't protect him.

I could see Joker throwing acid on Batman and that's where we see the new batsuit. I want to see a Batsuit that is something like spiderman and superman. That's what I want.
i think this will happen. i think it will have something to do with joker.

In what way would Bruce's sense of loss be less plausible if only he felt it? Or if Alfred alone shared his grief?

His desire for a someone to fill the role vacated by his father made it seem more plausible to me. Having left Alfred behind to prepare to fulfill his oath to his parents, Bruce is left with a void into which Ducard steps at exactly the right (or wrong) moment.

Was the "oath" present in BB if so I missed it entirely.

The only problem I have with Ra's training was that he instilled a purpose to Bruce's existance. He saved a lost soul adrift in a worthless voyage of mindless anger and violence.

I prefer the focussed Bruce Wayne who actively and purposefully seeks out those supremely skilled individuals, or in the case of Ra's Al Ghul one single individual, in order to learn from then and master the talents necessary for him to begin his campaign.

The only problem I have with Ra's training was that he instilled a purpose to Bruce's existance. He saved a lost soul adrift in a worthless voyage of mindless anger and violence.

I prefer the focussed Bruce Wayne who actively and purposefully seeks out those supremely skilled individuals, or in the case of Ra's Al Ghul one single individual, in order to learn from then and master the talents necessary for him to begin his campaign.

You didn't see it? Wow you really missed out! It was so cool and bizarre. :cwink:

I hope the suit dont look like the batman & robin suit. The one that has a shiny white look.

I think Bruce still was very much on an "active" mission. He had begun to lose his way, of course, being stuck in prison (yet he never forgot the mission, considering his prison fights "practice"). When he meets Ra's, he is already skilled in a variety of combat which implies he has had previous masters.

One could argue whether Nolan "did it right" by holding off Bruce's travels to college age, but in the context of what it was, and the character that Bruce was at the time, I found his psychological profile to be quite believable. It's a deviation from the comics to be certain, stepping away from the popular idea of Bruce being essentially a perfect human being (which I think is sort of contradictory - anyone with that kind of obsession, which some just consider simply "drive", that rules his life is clearly not an example of a psychologically perfect person).

He was not infallable, but I think he always retained that drive. If he didn't, he wouldn't have climbed that mountain or endured Ra's training. Ra's added fuel again to that fire burning within him, but I don't think he was spoonfed everything. Bruce clearly had the will.

All good points. I am not sure whether Bruce was ever really meant to be a "perfect" man: rather, I think, he is a traditional tragic hero. So any emotionally or artistically detatched view of him is probably that he is supremely fit, strong, intelligent, and probably has a 10" penis, to boot. But his mind is a volatile web of altruism, grief, paranoia, intollerance, love, forgiveness, sentimentality, aggression and a huge paternity complex.

I'm thinking that Batman will be wearing something more sleaker after a battle. But what and who could possibly damage his suit that badly that he needs to change it?:joker:

batmanasskickposeuq4.jpg

His suit is awesome now, but I'm sure i will be even cooler half way through the film.............

I'm thinking that Batman will be wearing something more sleaker after a battle. But what and who could possibly damage his suit that badly that he needs to change it?:joker:

batmanasskickposeuq4.jpg

This pic is such a classic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"