The Dark Knight AICN: Costume change happens ON camera?

I'm sure it'll get damaged somehow, but I think the acid idea is really stupid and reaching. Just because Joker's in it, acid is the first thing that pops in to people's heads. I'm not sure acid would even affect the latex paint that the suit's supposed to be coated with, or the "kevlar" or "nomex" it's supposedly made of. And even so you'd need such a LOT of it to do any damage... it just seems silly.

I'd like to see the suit kind of worn and scuffed at the start of the movie because it would look cool:

review_takbats_2.jpg

And to see it just get so damaged through some sort of physical trauma (something falling on him, or geting banged up in some other way) that he simply has to replace it or at least make a new suit using parts of it.

Maybe strip the paint off the armour again, chop it up so that there is more flexibility at the joints then wear a heavy duty fabric over that. Or simply a new lot of armour alltogether.

i was assuming people said acid because a little incident with the DA. but i love the idea of chopping the armor from the begins suit into segments and wearing fabric over them.

I'm sure it'll get damaged somehow, but I think the acid idea is really stupid and reaching. Just because Joker's in it, acid is the first thing that pops in to people's heads. I'm not sure acid would even affect the latex paint that the suit's supposed to be coated with, or the "kevlar" or "nomex" it's supposedly made of. And even so you'd need such a LOT of it to do any damage... it just seems silly.

I'd like to see the suit kind of worn and scuffed at the start of the movie because it would look cool:

review_takbats_2.jpg

And to see it just get so damaged through some sort of physical trauma (something falling on him, or geting banged up in some other way) that he simply has to replace it or at least make a new suit using parts of it.

Maybe strip the paint off the armour again, chop it up so that there is more flexibility at the joints then wear a heavy duty fabric over that. Or simply a new lot of armour alltogether.

Yeah, I think cannibalizing the damaged suit in order to build his own, superior version would be a great idea.

yeah the amoured panels aren't as necessary anymore. that aspect of realism and differentiation from the old franchise has been pretty well established i think. cover them with fabric

It would make sense for a darker, sleeker suit with less bulk, some gray, and less rubber, giving Batman and his movements a more "shadowlike" perception. I could see this changing following Joker's murder of Rachel, in an event in which Bruce seeks to really bring out the fear, and be much more of a figure of the dark... Just a guess.

Again, a guy who dresses up in a scary suit, can move fast as hell, and beat the living daylights out of you in less than a minute is scary enough. Why do you think most villains are still afraid of batman in the comics even though they know hes not some monster? Becuase they know he has a pretty damn good track record, and they know he's pretty damn good at what he does.

'If I can be more than just a man...'
I know what you're saying, and for the most part agree, but not quite.

no matter how many scallops they ut in, when he walks you'll never notice them... they're there... look when he glides and drops.

The suit change could easily come from Bruce realizing that his old one isn't cutting it naymore, that his mission has escalated out of control and he needs something more vesatile, stealthy, etc....him changing his suit could coincide with an admission of failure in that what he's been doing so far just isn't working well enough.

The suit change could easily come from Bruce realizing that his old one isn't cutting it naymore, that his mission has escalated out of control and he needs something more vesatile, stealthy, etc....him changing his suit could coincide with an admission of failure in that what he's been doing so far just isn't working well enough.
Nahhh ... :oldrazz:

It would just seem logical that in spite of the specialized equipment designed by Wayne Enterprises for the Government, its gets to the point where its not quite getting the job done for his mission as Batman, so Bruce goes to Fox with exact specifications on what he wants from the suit among others items.

It would make sense for a darker, sleeker suit with less bulk, some gray, and less rubber, giving Batman and his movements a more "shadowlike" perception. I could see this changing following Joker's murder of Rachel, in an event in which Bruce seeks to really bring out the fear, and be much more of a figure of the dark... Just a guess.

i like these ideas because it shows Batman's growing darkness and new dark nature and him showing his keen mind.

It would just seem logical that in spite of the specialized equipment designed by Wayne Enterprises for the Government, its gets to the point where its not quite getting the job done for his mission as Batman, so Bruce goes to Fox with exact specifications on what he wants from the suit among others items.

I REALLY don't like the idea of any of Batman's gear being one-off stuff. Which it all was in Begins.

I'd rather his gear be something you can buy "off the shelf". It can be very expensive and specialized, but it should be something that not just he has.

So I'd like the idea that rather than Fox build him another custom suit, Waynetech rolls out a mark 2 suit that is better and cheaper than the original, so that it can actually go in to production for the military or police. It would be cool to see, for example, SWAT cops wearing Waynetech armoured vests that are the same as a component in Batman's suit - the only difference being they wear the armour OVER some regular fatigues/jumpsuit, while Batman's stuff is under a sturdy outer skin.

That's quite a clever idea, though it might be just a bit too much detail for a two hour film.

That's quite a clever idea, though it might be just a bit too much detail for a two hour film.

It would take no time at all though. Just show it. You don't have to make a point of having a big expository scene. A line or two saying that the new Mk 2 Waynetech armour that went in to production has been selling well and more orders are coming in. Later, just show the SWAT teams in the armour.

You don't even have to do that. Just show that Batman and the cops wear the same thing... you don't even need to explain it. People can fill it in themselves. It's not important to (over)explain the equipment so damn much.

Yes, I suppose it doesn't matter if the unattentive miss out.

I REALLY don't like the idea of any of Batman's gear being one-off stuff. Which it all was in Begins.

I'd rather his gear be something you can buy "off the shelf". It can be very expensive and specialized, but it should be something that not just he has.

So I'd like the idea that rather than Fox build him another custom suit, Waynetech rolls out a mark 2 suit that is better and cheaper than the original, so that it can actually go in to production for the military or police. It would be cool to see, for example, SWAT cops wearing Waynetech armoured vests that are the same as a component in Batman's suit - the only difference being they wear the armour OVER some regular fatigues/jumpsuit, while Batman's stuff is under a sturdy outer skin.

I don't think there is a wrong or right way to approach it but to me it would just seem logical that if I'm Bruce Wayne and decided that my equipment including the suit has flaws or shortcomings in regard to my war on crime as Batman, AND I know exactly what is needed I would go to Fox as ask him does Wayne Enterprises have what I'm looking for.

If it does, then great. But chances are Wayne Enterprises won't have everything I need, so then being a person of unlimited resources, I just would have it made according to my specifications.

There isn't a right way or a wrong way to approach it, but it would just seem logical that if I'm Bruce Wayne and I know that my current equipment and suit has shortcomings in regard to my "war on crime" as Batman, and I know exactly what I want and need to assist me, then I'm going to approach Fox to see if its available.

If it is, then great! But changes are Wayne Enterprises won't have everything I need right when I need it, then since I'm a man of unlimited resources, I'm going to have it designed according to my specifications.

I don't think there is a wrong or right way to approach it but to me it would just seem logical that if I'm Bruce Wayne and decided that my equipment including the suit has flaws or shortcomings in regard to my war on crime as Batman, AND I know exactly what is needed I would go to Fox as ask him does Wayne Enterprises have what I'm looking for.

If it does, then great. But chances are Wayne Enterprises won't have everything I need, so then being a person of unlimited resources, I just would have it made according to my specifications.

I just don't like Fox knowing he's Batman, but since he already does and it's too late for that, he may as well just be Batman's Q in this franchise. I don't like it but it can't really be undone.

It works, and kind of makes sense. Fox worked closely with Bruce's father. Therefore Fox becomes a connect to his father's legacy. If he was a close friend and associate to his father, why shouldn't he be for Bruce? I think it makes perfect sense.

It works, and kind of makes sense. Fox worked closely with Bruce's father. Therefore Fox becomes a connect to his father's legacy. If he was a close friend and associate to his father, why shouldn't he be for Bruce? I think it makes perfect sense.

It's not that it doesn't "work" in the movie, it's just too much of a change for me, personally. And I think it slightly weakens Alfred's position - if Alfred's his only confidant it makes their relationship more special. Besides, Alfred's already a connection to his father.

But Fox is a connect in a different way. Like the business side to his father. It doesn't lessen Alfred's relationship with Bruce. As we saw, Alfred was the only one Bruce could confide in, and Alfred was always the one keeping Bruce in check.

That scene at Bruce's birthday when Fox suggests that he knows who Bruce is there is an unspoken agreement between them. I think Fox supports what Bruce is doing more than Alfred does and for different reasons. Those reasons have to do with Thomas Wayne's legacy and for Lucius who better than Bruce to do something about it.

That Lucius Fox knows and supports what Bruce is doing really brings to the forefront the reasons why Bruce is doing this.

I think it is just good storytelling.

What if the costume is like a robotic Iron Man type costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"