The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Gets a Prequel Novelization

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
A novelization of Batman: Gotham Knight is set to be published on April 29, 2008. According to the May 2008 catalog of the Berkley Publishing Group, comic author Louise Simonson will be working on the book, which is based on the animated prequel to The Dark Knight.

The plot description from the catalog describes the book:

After Wayne Manor is burned to the ground, Bruce Wayne establishes a new base of operations, and - as Batman - refines his personal vigilante mission, encountering foes both old and new.

Set in the time period between 2006's movie Batman Begins and the new film, The Dark Knight, starring Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger as The Joker.

The Dark Knight opens on July 18, 2008, and stars Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gylenhall.

Sounds interesting. I'll get it as it will help to calm me down as I wait for the premier.

So close but yet so far.

if this book would be "canon" and we could get some information for the next movie it would be cool, but those books are generally only another piece of "marketing".

if this book would be "canon" and we could get some information for the next movie it would be cool, but those books are generally only another piece of "marketing".

Who knows, its possible.

Since Batman: Gotham Knight is canon - and this is a novelization of Batman: Gotham Knight...I think the answer is obvious :huh:

not to be picky, but isnt Batman Begins a 2005 movie....?

I have alot of stuff blocked off because Im at work and can't check

so we`re getting two things that will explain to us the gap between BB and TDK? This and then the anime dvd

Well we are going to get at least three things that explain to us The Dark Knight (Movie, Novel, Comic) - makes sense the in between gets similar treatment.

It'll be like the Clone Wars animated Star Wars series that came on before Episode 3 to fill the gap between Episodes 2 & 3. It introduced General Grievous and set up the plot for Episode 3.

Since Batman: Gotham Knight is canon - and this is a novelization of Batman: Gotham Knight...I think the answer is obvious :huh:

Well, but if they would use - for example - Leslie Thompkins and then - let's say - she dies but then they would like to use her in the third movie because they suddenly feel it is a good idea then I think they would not have regards for this book.

Well, but if they would use - for example - Leslie Thompkins and then - let's say - she dies but then they would like to use her in the third movie because they suddenly feel it is a good idea then I think they would not have regards for this book.

Unless it was in the DVD movie which IS canon with the film. Also - they wouldn't be stupid enough to kill a character they even think they may ever possibly use again.

Unless it was in the DVD movie which IS canon with the film. Also - they wouldn't be stupid enough to kill a character they even think they may ever possibly use again.

but... things change! Perhaps the author asks if he can use this character and they say "yes, we have no intention" but then they re-decide later I think they would totally ignore the book. And it could happen. I don't think they have totally plotted out the third movie. These things always happen with those "tie-in" products or even the novelization of the actual movie. So they loose a lot of their appeal.

And i wouldn't even be so sure with the cartoon movies. These are - basically - merchandise products. Made to cash in extra money from the hype.

batman-gothamknight_bookcover.jpg

Found on BOF

That Batman's got some MEAN curves on him.

Pretty nice! :up:
That cover kinda sucks though. :o

Which is more offcial? The anime or the novel?

I hope it's not that cover....i am SO SICK of this anime garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"