Alan Wake: 360 exclusive.

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
Yup, according to the horror channel (www.horrorchannel.com) Microsoft snapped up the rights and will be publishing it. So while PS3 may have a few generic exclusives, 360 is looking to be THE console for the serious horror fan :up:

How so? I mean both consoles are getting Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil, etc. Who knows what horror games are coming out that we don't know about. It WAYYY too early to say that the 360 is the definative console for horror games.

If PS3 gets Silent Hill then it's all for naught, to be honest.

Chances are you will be seeing a good deal of exclusives on each side of the pond, though I would say that the PS3 will probably end up with more due to company support.

Before you openly label me

Lost Planet
Halo 3
Too Human (Maybe)
Mass Effect
Oblivion

= Games I'll most likely be getting for the 360 when I end up getting one.

Zenien said:
How so? I mean both consoles are getting Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil, etc. Who knows what horror games are coming out that we don't know about. It WAYYY too early to say that the 360 is the definative console for horror games.

If PS3 gets Silent Hill then it's all for naught, to be honest.

Chances are you will be seeing a good deal of exclusives on each side of the pond, though I would say that the PS3 will probably end up with more due to company support.

Before you openly label me

Lost Planet
Halo 3
Too Human (Maybe)
Mass Effect
Oblivion

= Games I'll most likely be getting for the 360 when I end up getting one.
I don't think too much of Silent Hill. They are ok and all but it's like they try WAY too hard....like they are screaming 'LOOK HOW MESSED UP WE ARE! AREN'T WE SCARY? LOOK AT THE SCARY MONSTERS!'. That's just me though. I don't seriously think the next silent hill will be anywhere near as plain fun as Dead Rising though.Dead Rising looks like the most fun horror game ever, especially for zombie fans like me. Lost Planet is heavily inspired by the thing. Gears of war looks to be the horror version of Ghost Recon. And then you have Then you have F.E.A.R, and Resident Evil 5 and Alone in the dark and Hellboy...yeah you can get them on ps3, but why go without the other exclusives? Thus far, 360 is THE console for horror gamers. You can get the best horror games for ps3 at a much cheaper price, and even though lost planet and dead rising will probably go to ps3 eventually, why wait?To be honest, I kinda hope PS3 doesn't get any killer horror exclusives. Not because I hate sony, but I don't want to pay that much for one or two exclusives (and I won't).I agree it's still VERY early days, but Gears of War and Dead Rising and Lost Planet and Alan Wake seems like a hard list of excluisves to beat, and Sony better have something special up it's sleeve to counteract that (and Devil May Cry is too 'samey' for me...and it's got a bit stale, imo, like silent hill).

Alan Wake is one of the titles that had me sold on the X360 from very early on.

Oh man! This sucks, because I wanted to get a PS3 and not a 360. Alan Wake was one of the main titles I was looking forward to. Damnit.

WTF! Microsoft is gay as hell why the F**K do they steal every game Sony has! Jesus they stole GTA and now Alan Wake, I believe they took Alone in the Dark too jezz Sony needs to get game, they are loosing all of their good games. Screw Microsoft they just throw money around and say make me this game for me only. Next they will take Resistance and I will be mad as hell.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
WTF! Microsoft is gay as hell why the F**K do they steal every game Sony has! Jesus they stole GTA and now Alan Wake, I believe they took Alone in the Dark too jezz Sony needs to get game, they are loosing all of their good games. Screw Microsoft they just throw money around and say make me this game for me only. Next they will take Resistance and I will be mad as hell.

1. Sony took Alone in the Dark from Microsoft, it was originally just announed for the Xbox 360 and now a Playstation 3 version has been announced. Expect the same to happen to games such as Lost Planet and Dead Rising when sales of the Xbox 360 versions are "underperforming"

2. Microsoft can't take Resistance: Fall of Man because Insomniac is owned by Sony

3. Microsoft did not steal Grand Theft Auto, it's appearing on the Playstation 3 also. All the Xbox 360 is getting is some exclusive content, which I see will end up on the Playstation Network Platforms game content market someday.

4. Sony stole Xbox Live, the center button of the Xbox 360 controller from Microsoft and the tilt function from Nintendo. Sony is just as guilty, more if I say so, of so called "theft"

5. Stop crying because the Playstation 3 has Resistance: Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, an untitled Naughty Dog game, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Tekken 6, Virtua Fighter 5, Silent Hill 5, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet and Clank 5, and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Fronteir. So let Microsoft have some exclusive games.

THE LIZARD#1 said:

GTA is launching on X360 and PS3 on the same day.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
LMAO! Well Sony steals from Microsoft and Nintendo, so that is fair right? They didn't 'steal' GTA, they are just getting the definitive version.And you don't need to worry, I don't think Microsoft wants Resistance ;)I'm glad they got Lionhead Studios though...hope they turn out to be a better purchase than the grossly overrated Rare.Are you sure MS has alone in the dark as an exclusive? Marvelmovies, I'm not sure if he said it, my computer is way too crappy to watch any sort of movies :( Kainedemo, out of curiosity, is it you I have been seeing on the horrorchannel forums?

Horrorfan said:
LMAO! Well Sony steals from Microsoft and Nintendo, so that is fair right?
I think so.
They didn't 'steal' GTA, they are just getting the definitive version.
I still laugh at Microsoft for trying to get an exclusitivity deal with Rockstar for Grand Theft Auto IV like Sony did for Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, yet that was the best they could get.
And you don't need to worry, I don't think Microsoft wants Resistance ;)
Why would they when they have Halo :o
I'm glad they got Lionhead Studios though...hope they turn out to be a better purchase than the grossly overrated Rare.
Microsoft's purchase of Rare has turned out to be one of the stupidest acquisitions in gaming history.
Are you sure MS has alone in the dark as an exclusive?
Microsoft does not have exclusitivity of the new Alone in the Dark game. As a matter in fact, the Xbox 360 vesion was announced first I beleive.

hippie_hunter said:
I think so.

I still laugh at Microsoft for trying to get an exclusitivity deal with Rockstar for Grand Theft Auto IV like Sony did for Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, yet that was the best they could get.

Why would they when they have Halo :o

Microsoft's purchase of Rare has turned out to be one of the stupidest acquisitions in gaming history.

It seems MS is still getting the best version of GTA, nonetheless (and you don't have to pay $600 for it). It COULD come to PS3 later, but again, why wait and pay more money for the privalige?

I agree on Rare. I never thought they were THAT great, and even though we got Conker (which was perfectly entertaining), they haven't knocked my socks off at all. Let's not even mention Viva Pineta... when you try and purposly create a franchise, 9/10 you will fail.

Horrorfan said:
It seems MS is still getting the best version of GTA, nonetheless (and you don't have to pay $600 for it). It COULD come to PS3 later, but again, why wait and pay more money for the privalige?
You bring up a very good point. But I'm not getting an Xbox 360 so, I will be getting the Playstation 3 version.

I agree on Rare. I never thought they were THAT great, and even though we got Conker (which was perfectly entertaining), they haven't knocked my socks off at all. Let's not even mention Viva Pineta... when you try and purposly create a franchise, 9/10 you will fail.
Rare used to be rock with games such as Donkey Kong Country, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, and Conker's Bad Fur Day, but then the Nintendo 64/Playstation/Saturn generation ended and they started to go down the path of mediocrity and obscurity. Star Fox Adventures was mediocre, Grabbed by the Ghoulies sucked, and Conker: Live and Reloaded was a good remake of a good game. Perfect Dark Zero is nowhere near as good as it's predecessor but still a good game, but Kameo: Elements of Power competely sucked. Like you said, lets not go on about Viva Pinata.

Hahahaha dude they can have the game lol it doesn't really impress me that much anymore the game doesn't look as good as the teaser trailer. But really what happened though I thought this game was being made for PS3?

Sorry I like lost it guys in my last post I was looking forward to this game but really not anymore.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
Hahahaha dude they can have the game lol it doesn't really impress me that much anymore the game doesn't look as good as the teaser trailer. But really what happened though I thought this game was being made for PS3?

Sorry I like lost it guys in my last post I was looking forward to this game but really not anymore.

LOL You know you're lying to yourself now. I don't believe you're interested in generic fps 1000,0000000 (or resistance as it's known)
but not alan wake, which looks a billion times more promising.

But what I can't fathom is, if you can waste $600 on a PS3 (and that's what it is, make no mistake), why not just get a 360 too? :confused:

There is a 499 model you know. :o I'd disagree about the 499 model being a total waste. Since HDMI isn't necessary except for 1080P and the movie industry has already almost unilaterally said they won't enforce HDMI for next gen movie content playback. You can hook up your PS2 and PS3 and transfer the files that way, Microsoft also has an onlien solution for transfering files from your Xbox to the 360, so Sony will probably use something similar.

Alternatively if you own a PSP you could transfer the files that way.

That being said they really should just include the stupid memory ports.

As far as GTA goes all we know is that Microsoft is getting some exclusive DLC, but this being Rockstar don't count them out of it being a timed exclusive. We don't know the actual nature of it yet of course.

Zenien said:
There is a 499 model you know. :o I'd disagree about the 499 model being a total waste. Since HDMI isn't necessary except for 1080P and the movie industry has already almost unilaterally said they won't enforce HDMI for next gen movie content playback. You can hook up your PS2 and PS3 and transfer the files that way, Microsoft also has an onlien solution for transfering files from your Xbox to the 360, so Sony will probably use something similar.

Alternatively if you own a PSP you could transfer the files that way.

That being said they really should just include the stupid memory ports.

As far as GTA goes all we know is that Microsoft is getting some exclusive DLC, but this being Rockstar don't count them out of it being a timed exclusive. We don't know the actual nature of it yet of course.
The $500 (the one dollar is no difference at all) is pretty much worthless though, especially if you can't upgrade it. They might as well called it the 'half assed' package.I don't hate sony, loved the first two consoles, but PS3 has seemed really dull to me. No outstanding exclusive games, and the best games for it I can get for 360. I really hope it's not a sucess, if only to show Sony that we won't stand for our wallets being anally raped.I am really disappointed at how bland PS3 is more than anything....I cannot understand WHY you would buy one at all to be honest, even for metal gear. That said if it was RE5 I might be singing a different tune...but yeah. Sony has disappointed me deeply.

Define not being able to upgrade, it already has all the functions of a premium 360 and Sony said that you can upgrade the HardDrive (why would you want to though)

Horrorfan said:
The $500 (the one dollar is no difference at all) is pretty much worthless though, especially if you can't upgrade it. They might as well called it the 'half assed' package.I don't hate sony, loved the first two consoles, but PS3 has seemed really dull to me. No outstanding exclusive games, and the best games for it I can get for 360. I really hope it's not a sucess, if only to show Sony that we won't stand for our wallets being anally raped.I am really disappointed at how bland PS3 is more than anything....I cannot understand WHY you would buy one at all to be honest, even for metal gear. That said if it was RE5 I might be singing a different tune...but yeah. Sony has disappointed me deeply.

Bastard :mad:

I still want someone to edit the Alan Wake pictures into Alan Thicke: The Game.

Horrorfan said:
LOL You know you're lying to yourself now. I don't believe you're interested in generic fps 1000,0000000 (or resistance as it's known)
but not alan wake, which looks a billion times more promising.

But what I can't fathom is, if you can waste $600 on a PS3 (and that's what it is, make no mistake), why not just get a 360 too? :confused:

Because dude I want to get the 60GB because next year Sony is planning on having you buy video games over the online system rather than having to go to the store. So I want all the free space I can to purchase games.

And yes I am lying about not being interested in Alan Wake:(However I would so rather have Resistance fall of man than Alan Wake:)I'm dissapointed with the story because I have a feeling they changed it.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
Because dude I want to get the 60GB because next year Sony is planning on having you buy video games over the online system rather than having to go to the store. So I want all the free space I can to purchase games.

YAY! Week long download sessions to get a game offline :(

:p

Zenien said:
Define not being able to upgrade, it already has all the functions of a premium 360 and Sony said that you can upgrade the HardDrive (why would you want to though)

The 20GB HD Playstation 3 doesn't have a memory card reader, meaning if you buy that one, you'll have to start all over on all your old Playstation and Playstation 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"