Welcome to 2010

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
2010 is upon us.
2010 will be, imo, the best year in gaming this generation; not only the best, but the most interesting and the most important, and i´m not talking about games alone.
And will be year that we will see the end of the console war between Sony and Microsoft (that´s a given, whoever comes out on top by the end of the year, wins 2nd place)
Agree? Disagree?

To start, next year will be the return to form for the Xbox 360, it will be 2007 all over again (which was the year of the 360, as anyone know).
Sure, the PS3 has great games coming out (God of War III, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo 5 and The Last Guardian), but we have to remember that the 360 has had two lousy years in a row, this one included.
2008 was the year of the disapointments (even good games like Ninja Gaiden 2 or Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, were not as good as expected; and Too Human was just.........mediocre), the year was saved by 3 games; Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and L4D.
2009 is even worst, with only two Halo games (sure, they are good games, but one it´s a console RTS and the other an expansion), Forza 3 and L4D2.
In 2010 we will see, right in the first 4 months; Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Alan Wake. Summer time, Crackdown 2 will be coming. At the end of the year we will two of the biggest games on the Microsoft console, Halo: Reach and Fable 3.
Then, there is big chances of Gears of War 3 (making it the big 3 in the Fall 2010); and, at least, two Rare games, and by the rumors, one will be a new Perfect Dark.
That makes it 6 big exclusives confirmed, and 3 with very big chances, and not counting with the ones still not announced (but that goes for both consoles).
Oh yeah, and there are two exclusives announced for 2009 but only coming in 2010, Divinity 2 (which the preview say it´s a great game) and Venetica, which the German reviews (the games is German and has already been released there) give it between 80% and 88%.

Next year will also be Sony´s and Microsoft´s entrance in the motion control realm.

There will also be a fight for the graphics supremacy.
At this point, the PS3 is winning hands down, but i see Microsoft wanting to give Sony a run for it´s money next year.
For all i know, technically, there is no gigantic diference between both consoles; the PS3 as a better CPU (not a big diference from what i´ve read) and the 360 as a better GPU (once again, not a big diference), so, unless the blu-ray format makes that much of a diference for having more capacity for more information, i see no real reason for the 360 not be able to acchieve graphics on par with the PS3.
This year, Microsoft released a new dev kit with double the memory, and it´s begining to show wiht the likes of Splinter Cell and Alan Wake, which are seen as among the best looking games for next year, with the likes of God Of War 3 and Heavy Rain.
Then we have the new graphic engine being made for Halo: Reach.
When Killzone 2 come out, a guy from Bungie said it looked amazing, the best looking console game, but that the 360 could do that too.
So, by logic, the new engine will want to show just that, so, i expect Halo: Reach to be the best looking game on the 360.
Adding that to the fact that it has the potential to be one of the best (if not the best) games this gen, na di´m not saying this because it´s Halo, but because it´s set during the Fall of the Reach novel.

All in all, and i know i´ve talked about MS a lot, but the point is; we will see the end of the console war, the entrance of Sony and MS on the motion control madness and MS wanting to show they are not inferior to the PS3 in games or graphics.
Oh yeah, and the begining of the next gen with, at least, a new console coming out (my bet is the PSP 2 and DS 2)

Sorry, but with all the baseless speculation I can't really take your premise seriously.

Don't see a new console coming out, pretty apathetic towards motion controls, I'll probably buy a PSP, as far as games it look about like this:

Looking like on the must buy list:

Mass Effect 2 (X360)
Bayonetta (PS3/X360)
God Of War III (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii)
Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP)
Ōkami Chronicles: Tiny Sun (DS)- If nothing more than loving memory
Infinite Space (DS)

Planning to check out in some capacity:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 (PS3/X360)- If it's still on
Dark Void (PS3/X360)
Alan Wake (X360)
Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360)
Agent (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Rising (PS3/X360)- This is a maybe mostly because I'm not entirely sure if it'll make it out in 2010, and if it's a post-MGS4 story I will have to re-evaluate
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Dead Rising 2 (PS3/X360)
Alien Vs Predator (PS3/X360)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3/X360)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/X360)
Final Fantasy Vs XIII (PS3)- Granted it comes out in '10

Last edited:
Sorry, but with all the baseless speculation I can't really take your premise seriously.
What premise?
You do know that motion controls are coming next year for both Sony and MS, right?
Do you know that MS doesn´t have so many exclusives coming out since 07, right?
By sheer logic, it´s not hard to believe that MS will want to show that they can make "PS3 graphic" quality, right?
And that the PS3 will continue to show their graphic power, right?
And it´s 2010, and the next gen will start in 2011/2012, which makes it not that hard to look at next year (with all i said above, from the "graphic war" to the motion control) as the end of the console war, whoever wins gets 2nd place (of course, i might be wrong in this one).
Microsoft and Bungie already said that they are working on a new engine for Halo: Reach, so, that´s not a baseless speculation either.

The only thing i can give totally give you is the new console coming out next year, but, at this point, and from what i´ve read in several sites, there is a huge possibility (and no, it will not be the PS4 or Xbox 720)

^^wtf are you talking about? i truely cant understand anything thats being said here, and didnt you make a thread like this one last week, isnt that one still open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"