Alien 5

I'm all for an Alien V, although I agree it wouldn't be needed if Resurrection hadn't been made so badly. I'm a big fan of Alien 3 - it brings back the bleakness and horror of the first and a fitting end for Ripley. (One that Cameron would never have the balls to write)

Quoted for truth.

Complaining about Newt dying is like complaining about Christopher Nolan replacing Joel Schumacer.

Face it, we need a good Aliens movie. The previous films have been crap so this is another franchise that needs a jump start.

I'm all for an Alien V, although I agree it wouldn't be needed if Resurrection hadn't been made so badly. I'm a big fan of Alien 3 - it brings back the bleakness and horror of the first and a fitting end for Ripley. (One that Cameron would never have the balls to write)

Yeah too bad it killed two main characters from the previous movie, before it starts.

Alien 3= My most hated movie. Even more than 'Batman & Robin', atleast I was having fun laughing at how lame it was.

Ripley, Johner, Call and Vriess were still at large after Alien Resurrection. I've often wondered what might have become of them after they escaped. I'm sure there are some cool ideas yet to explore, but more than a decade down the track the actors aren't getting any younger and movies take time to come together...

I'm guessing speculation is probably just going to be speculation of what might have been. :csad:

Yeah too bad it killed two main characters from the previous movie, before it starts.

Alien 3= My most hated movie. Even more than 'Batman & Robin', atleast I was having fun laughing at how lame it was.

You hate Alien 3 more than Ressurection. Hmmm...I like Alien 3 returning to its horror route and leaving its action thriller route.

It had Alien 1 moments that I love. No weapons, no heroes, no way out but to fight it. I love that. The ending was iffy I'll agree but Alien Ressurection definitely had the most silly start to any of the movies.

Ridley Scott returning to Alien would be one of the greatest movie events we've had in a long time.

Boom. You said it. I agree.

Why do some people not want Ridley? She is the best female hero lead in any movie. She knows them. She knows what to expect from them. The military are pawns and the gov't wants to use the aliens. She is there to bring man back to the realization that we shouldn't tamper with these things.

The only story without Ripley would have to be with another Ridley-esque character introduced, an unlikely hero, and perhaps a rescue mission from the military.

You hate Alien 3 more than Ressurection. Hmmm...I like Alien 3 returning to its horror route and leaving its action thriller route.

It had Alien 1 moments that I love. No weapons, no heroes, no way out but to fight it. I love that. The ending was iffy I'll agree but Alien Ressurection definitely had the most silly start to any of the movies.

They had weapons in Alien.

They had weapons in Alien.

Yeah a flamethrower and that harpoon thing, I mean technically they did in Alien 3 bc they had gasoline and flares and an axe but that doesn't make them capable soldiers. Also no machine guns and heavy ammo. Alien 1 and Alien 3 had the element of surprise more when the alien would come out of no where for the kills.

You see my point, it had less of a chance to fight back but had to anyway.

Yeah a flamethrower and that harpoon thing, I mean technically they did in Alien 3 bc they had gasoline and flares and an axe but that doesn't make them capable soldiers. Also no machine guns and heavy ammo. Alien 1 and Alien 3 had the element of surprise more when the alien would come out of no where for the kills.

You see my point, it had less of a chance to fight back but had to anyway.

I suppose...but it's not like the guns gave them a real huge advantage when it makes the aliens' acidic entrails go everywhere. Plus the marines got wiped out in both of their encounters with the creatures.

I suppose...but it's not like the guns gave them a real huge advantage when it makes the aliens' acidic entrails go everywhere. Plus the marines got wiped out in both of their encounters with the creatures.

I'm not arguing but it is simple to see that scientists and criminals without heavy weapons against the unknown is less likely to survive than a troop of soldiers with many weapons who are trained to fight. I would personally rather have trained Marines with heavy weapons.

The element's of Alien 1 and Alien 3 are more similar than Aliens.

Another Alien directed by Ridley? God yes.

I came here dreading something. I've always been glad they haven't brought Ripley back amidst all these revivals but a Hill written Alien 5 with Ripley might be an exception.

Retconning and pretending previous movies in a franchise do not exist is a thing now so why not?

Retconning and pretending previous movies in a franchise do not exist is a thing now so why not?
Because at least imo Blomkamp hasn't made a good movie in 10 years, he's 1/3. There are other talented people out there.

And honestly, I just don't see what else needs to be said or not with this franchise.

But that's just my opinion

Last edited:
Does not have to be Blomkamp. A good Alien movie would be nice after the so-so past 30 years of appearances.

I mean sure a good movie is always nice.

I just don't think anyone can bring anything to the franchise to make it that interesting or good

I think any film franchise has the potential to be brought back in an exciting new way. It’s just having the right passion and reasons behind it. Timing is everything.

Alien is one of the very few franchises that the directors can really hone to their own style. The first movie (and Covenant and Prometheus) are very Ridley Scott, the second is very James Cameron, the third is typical Fincher (you could probably work out it's by the director of Se7en if you had't been told beforehand) and only Jean-Pierre Janet could have made Alien Resurrection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"