All The Kings Men

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
All The Kings Men

Based on the Robert Penn Warren Novel

Plot Outline:Absolute power corrupts absolutely in writer-director Steven Zaillian's ("Schindler's List") adaptation of Robert Penn Warren's classic novel "All the King's Men" featuring an all-star cast led by Sean Penn, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Patricia Clarkson, James Gandolfini, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins. "All the King's Men" charts the spectacular rise and fall of a charismatic Southern politician, "Boss" Willie Stark (Penn). Law co-stars as Jack Burden, the once idealistic, now embittered ex-reporter who unwittingly fuels Stark's corrupt political ambitions.

Director: Steve Zaillian

Cast:
Sean Penn
Jude Law
Anthony Hopkins
James Ganfolfini
Kate Winslett
Mark Ruffalo
Patricia Clarkson

picallthekingmen2.jpg

picallthekingmen8.jpg

picallthekingmen7.jpg

picallthekingmen6.jpg

picallthekingmen31.jpg

Donnie... great avy :up:

This film has a great cast and interesting story,i think from the trailer it looks like a very well made film with possible oscar performances

The trailer can be found here:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/niptuck/main.html

hunter rider said:
This film has a great cast and interesting story,i think from the trailer it looks like a very well made film with possible oscar performances
I keep hearing good things about it! This is one of many films I keep hearing getting alot of oscar consideration, Capote, Syriana, Jarhead, A History of Violence, and Brokeback Mountain are some others!

On another note, the guy that wrote this also wrote:

Schindler's List
Mission Impossible
The Interpreter
Gangs of New York
Searching for Bobby Fisher(also directed)
Hannibal
Clear and Present Danger
Awakenings

I saw that on the website.....very mysterious.... :o

http://www.latinoreview.com/

Sony Pictures is postponing the release of "All the King's Men" -- in which Sean Penn will take on the role of fictional Southern politician Willie Stark under the direction of Steve Zaillian -- from Dec. 16 until next year. The film, which Sony had intended to push for Oscar consideration, does not have a new release date, but Jeff Blake, Sony chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution, said the film will be teed up next year at a date appropriate for awards consideration.

This is a remake,the original won an Oscar for Best Picture in 1950.

Looks like its trying too hard. Very generic trailer, with every cast member listed (except poor Mark:( ) having an award blurb above their name. Does anyone else HATE that?? I don't give a damn what you've won; that has NO bearing on this performance nor is it some guarantee that the movie will be good!

Then we get the Shawshank Redemption music which I love, but its so overused in trailers it isn't funny. Then we get Penn yelling a lot.

I was looking forward to this film a little, but the trailer looks very forced and over the top. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"