All The Kings Men

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
All The Kings Men

Based on the Robert Penn Warren Novel

Plot Outline:Absolute power corrupts absolutely in writer-director Steven Zaillian's ("Schindler's List") adaptation of Robert Penn Warren's classic novel "All the King's Men" featuring an all-star cast led by Sean Penn, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Patricia Clarkson, James Gandolfini, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins. "All the King's Men" charts the spectacular rise and fall of a charismatic Southern politician, "Boss" Willie Stark (Penn). Law co-stars as Jack Burden, the once idealistic, now embittered ex-reporter who unwittingly fuels Stark's corrupt political ambitions.

Director: Steve Zaillian

Cast:
Sean Penn
Jude Law
Anthony Hopkins
James Ganfolfini
Kate Winslett
Mark Ruffalo
Patricia Clarkson

picallthekingmen2.jpg

picallthekingmen8.jpg

picallthekingmen7.jpg

picallthekingmen6.jpg

picallthekingmen31.jpg

Donnie... great avy :up:

This film has a great cast and interesting story,i think from the trailer it looks like a very well made film with possible oscar performances

The trailer can be found here:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/niptuck/main.html

hunter rider said:
This film has a great cast and interesting story,i think from the trailer it looks like a very well made film with possible oscar performances
I keep hearing good things about it! This is one of many films I keep hearing getting alot of oscar consideration, Capote, Syriana, Jarhead, A History of Violence, and Brokeback Mountain are some others!

On another note, the guy that wrote this also wrote:

Schindler's List
Mission Impossible
The Interpreter
Gangs of New York
Searching for Bobby Fisher(also directed)
Hannibal
Clear and Present Danger
Awakenings

I saw that on the website.....very mysterious.... :o

http://www.latinoreview.com/

Sony Pictures is postponing the release of "All the King's Men" -- in which Sean Penn will take on the role of fictional Southern politician Willie Stark under the direction of Steve Zaillian -- from Dec. 16 until next year. The film, which Sony had intended to push for Oscar consideration, does not have a new release date, but Jeff Blake, Sony chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution, said the film will be teed up next year at a date appropriate for awards consideration.

This is a remake,the original won an Oscar for Best Picture in 1950.

Looks like its trying too hard. Very generic trailer, with every cast member listed (except poor Mark:( ) having an award blurb above their name. Does anyone else HATE that?? I don't give a damn what you've won; that has NO bearing on this performance nor is it some guarantee that the movie will be good!

Then we get the Shawshank Redemption music which I love, but its so overused in trailers it isn't funny. Then we get Penn yelling a lot.

I was looking forward to this film a little, but the trailer looks very forced and over the top. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"