Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

In episode 1, when Adam says "Someone from the future is coming to destroy Krypton," he doesn't realize that he's talking about himself.

Solid episode. Liked the political coup intrigue and seeing such classic Superman elements like Brainiac and [BLACKOUT]Doomsday[/BLACKOUT] being done right (so far.) Episode storylines tend to be stretched out a bit but show is really going in unexpected, complicated places.

I think as the episodes go on, Seg will see that Zod is off his rocker and ultimately wants to rule Krypton after saving it. Then he’ll realize that Adam is right. But I agree that Adam hasn’t made a compelling argument to let Kandor be taken to save Superman. This show has definitely filled that Superman void I’ve been missing.The CW shows just don’t cut it for me.

I think as the episodes go on, Seg will see that Zod is off his rocker and ultimately wants to rule Krypton after saving it. Then he’ll realize that Adam is right. But I agree that Adam hasn’t made a compelling argument to let Kandor be taken to save Superman.

Agreed. Zod is looking a little too good right now. His true colours will have to show eventually. I'm sure it will hurt Lyta to finally see it, and probably have to turn against him. It's a complicated family, which makes it interesting.

Didn't like the way Zod was badmouthing Superman to Seg, and Seg thinking Superman had "dubious morals" because of it.

Zod saying he didn't like that he was fighting Superman just reminded me of when Zod said he didn't like that he had to kill Jor-El in MOS.

This show has definitely filled that Superman void I’ve been missing.The CW shows just don’t cut it for me.

Same. Just a lot for my Superman fandom. I do wonder whether non-Superman fans would get much of a thrill out of it too. There's enough action and intrigue for casual viewers, I would imagine.

BTW Something I found funny in tonight's episode: when Dev-Em called out the bomb threat in Rao's hall- one guy climbed over the side when the crowd fled in panic and he was just dangling there then jumped to the floor, while everyone was just leaving through the exits. Stuntman got his moment!

Last edited:
I think it was stated by Adam that Superman is supposedly the greatest hero in the universe, thus one can assume that Superman's heroics end up reaching farther than the limits of Earth only.
Ah, thanks!

I actually side with Dru-Zod over Adam Strange right now. Although I understand saving Superman is more important than saving Krypton, I also don’t think Adam has made a good argument for saving Superman over saving Krypton to Seg-El as of yet. That being said, unleashing Doomsday on Krypton to save it from Brainiac is madness.
I don't think their plan is to release Doomday on Krypton, but rather use him to defeat Brainiac.

In episode 1, when Adam says "Someone from the future is coming to destroy Krypton," he doesn't realize that he's talking about himself.
Except it's not him that'll destroy it; he's just there to let it happen, cause it needs to happen to ensure [his] future.

This is what Seg is dealing with, except way more extreme...http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem
Surely it's more ethical to kill one person to save five others?

In the case of Seg's decision though, which is the five, and which is the one? If he condemns Superman, his grandson, and saves Krypton, he's saving the lives of many, over the lives of one; his grandson, but then his grandson has quite likely saved more people by his actions alone than there are people on Krypton in the next 200 years.

Good latest episode indeed.

How is it that the people who have been guarding Doomsday have seen him in action?

Are they from the future?

I could not quite understand how they could have seen him in action if he is an uncontrollable monster made by House Zod and House El.

Good latest episode indeed.

How is it that the people who have been guarding Doomsday have seen him in action?

Are they from the future?

I could not quite understand how they could have seen him in action if he is an uncontrollable monster made by House Zod and House El.
Video Footage?

Video Footage?

Mmm... suppose so.

I am trying to understand what point in time they are referring to if House Zod and House El have joined to make Doomsday and it is these people who know act as guardians to prevent it from ever being unleashed again.

It is not in the time that Seg is from as House Zod and House El are not joined as we see very clearly.

Mmm... suppose so.

I am trying to understand what point in time they are referring to if House Zod and House El have joined to make Doomsday and it is these people who know act as guardians to prevent it from ever being unleashed again.

It is not in the time that Seg is from as House Zod and House El are not joined as we see very clearly.
At this point, we don't know who from House El and House Zod created Doomsday; it could be members of that house from the distant past, the present, or even, somehow, the future.

It's possible that in one timeline, Krypton is saved already and the families continue on (as does Krypton) only to encounter a new enemy in that future that requires the creation of such a beast.

That's the problem with shows delving into time travel; there's many more elements than there otherwise would be, especially with characters coming back and forwards in time as often as Adam seems to do. Still waiting on Hawkgirl too...

Ah I see.

Thanks for the replies,just trying to make sense of who is who time wise and what chronology they are saying Doomsday sits in.

I mean, they referred to "The Cataclysm", which as we've seen, there are a lot of remains of past cities out in the wastelands. Kryptonian society has essentially been forced into 9 remaining cities, which was nice to learn how many cities there were last night. I imagine that Doomsday played a role in the cataclysm, and that the cult guarding him are the few that remember, as it is clear Krypton has had a bit of dark age and loss of knowledge.

I mean, they referred to "The Cataclysm", which as we've seen, there are a lot of remains of past cities out in the wastelands. Kryptonian society has essentially been forced into 9 remaining cities, which was nice to learn how many cities there were last night. I imagine that Doomsday played a role in the cataclysm, and that the cult guarding him are the few that remember, as it is clear Krypton has had a bit of dark age and loss of knowledge.

So the collaboration of House Zod and House El would pre-date all of what we see of Seg's life and his Grand-Father then (?)

Makes sense.

So the collaboration of House Zod and House El would pre-date all of what we see of Seg's life and his Grand-Father then (?)
Seemingly, yeah. This isn't the first time it's been implied that the two houses formerly got along - to some extent, even friendship, though it is interesting if it was their joint houses that caused Krypton to visit [their version of] the dark ages. I guess every civilisation is doomed to repeat the same mistakes...

I'm definitely liking Brainiac in this show. He looks menacing and intriguing so far, and the writers are portraying him just right in live action, as a powerful cosmic threat.

The crew behind the design of Doomsday didn't disappoint. So, that's two TV designs I like more than what we've gotten on the big screen.

I liked that they revealed the other cities beyond Kandor. I was wondering what the rest of the planet was like if Brainiac only takes Kandor.

The dubious morals line made me laugh.

I imagine in the season's finale is when Seg will get to see the true colors of Zod. Or at least move towrds how Adam and Superman view him.

I'm actually rooting against Adam now. He's coming across as a selfish *******.

Wow Brainiac there at the end was a huge surprise. Best episode so far?

Wow Brainiac there at the end was a huge surprise. Best episode so far?

Consistently entertaining episode. Bit of a bummer of an ending after that build up (Seg's plan) but looking forward to see what happens next.

Nyssa, Lyta, Seg...they're all getting more interesting. Also good to see Jayna Zod not so regimented.

Adam Strange in a err, strange dilemma.

Good fight scene with Nyssa and Seg.

I love the writing but in all honestly I starting to detest the constant mentioning of Superman. I'm detesting the brainiac, Zod, and Adam strange plot lines. I found the show more interesting when just about the great houses and the division among Krypton. I think they should be finding ways to stir clear of Superman. Instead if feels like their trying to force as much of him on us as they can. At least events and things surrounding him. It just feels like they have no faith in the show if they don't find a way to incorporate Superman in some how or some way. That I find disappointing cause at that point they could just went with Jor-El and been done with it.

The show isn't horrible and I still enjoy it but it starting to loose me the more they drag Superman and elements about him in to the show. Which is sad as I am massive Superman fan but feel if you going to make show that isn't about Superman then do so. Stop trying to have it both ways.

Became a big fan of Nyssa last night.

Last night's episode was great! Krypton gets better and better each week! My favourite parts of the episode were Nyssa and Seg as well as all the stuff with the Voice of Rao/Brainiac and Daron. That final shot of the episode was incredible!

Think Brainiac/The Voice of Rao is my favourite villain of all the Comic Book TV shows this year! Blake Ritson's portrayal is just chilling!

Also, loved Adam's reference to Thor Ragnarok! :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"