Alone in The Dark: Director's Cut!!!!

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie...I am looking forward to this. Selling point is the FREE VIDEO GAME included as an extra.

http://dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2553

So what does an Alone in the Dark: Unrated Director's Cut entail? How does a whopping three whole additional minutes of new footage sound? Somehow I just don't believe these three extra minutes worked back into the film are going to help the movie suddenly make any lick of sense. Personally, I'm hoping it's three extra minutes of crawling text at the beginning of the film.

In addition, the disc will also feature an all-new audio commentary by Uwe Boll. I can't imagine what he could say in this commentary that he didn't say in the previous one, except maybe to get drunk and give his own movie the MST3K treatment or perform 90-minutes worth of "Tara Reid is so drunk and stupid" jokes.

There'll also be deleted scenes and music videos. The movie will be an anamorphic widescreen transfer presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 audio tracks.

Oh, and much like the Bloodrayne DVD (review), you'll also get an Alone in the Dark video game thrown in for extra incentive. I suppose that might make it worth shelling out $19.98 for a special edition DVD to a movie widely acclaimed as one of the worst in recent memory. Or not.

LMAO! Who'd spend 20 bucks on that garbage, go to gamestop and get the game used for 10.

Boll just doesn't stop...

LMAO! Who'd spend 20 bucks on that garbage, go to gamestop and get the game used for 10.

Boll just doesn't stop...

Used = bugs and other problems...because most people don't know jack about taking care of dvd's.

Also, I am one of the few fans of the movie. It's a ok movie, but in a mindless entertainment way. Only problem imo was the script. Boll had a better script that made sense...just was stupid and didn't use it.

Boll tossed out the best script, which actually had a lot of depth and development for his quick flick.

The game was good. The movie was a piece of crap.

Which game is it? The original Alone in the Dark? If it's that one...maybe I'll buy it, his commentaries are pretty damn funny.

Boll tossed out the best script, which actually had a lot of depth and development for his quick flick.
boll wants to make a bad movie. i think this is how he makes money.
of course he is not a good director so its easie to make a bad movie. :woot:

Are you talking about the one online at horrorlair.com or another script?

The old AITD games won't work on XP would they? Or will they be patched to work on the XP or Vista OS?

A MESSAGE FROM UWE BOWELL:

That's right people of SHH! You buy my movie and you get the game! How cool can that be?! The three extra minutes of my masterpiece, yes I said it- masterpiece. Transformers, Harry Potter and Spider-Man, bah, those are some of the worst piles of crap ever made!!! I challenge Raimi and Bay into a fight, my place- two nights from now- but, they'll probably chicken out knowing I'm right. That they're films are crap and that I am the best director of all time!!!!! Yes, that's right- no other director that has ever existed has ever come close to reaching my genius!

Why else do you think that alot of actors come knocking at my door asking to be in my films- shouting "Bowell, adopt me, adopt me, let me be in your next film!" An no, the rumor about me sending out hitmen and death threats to them stating that if they are not in my movie they will be murdered is far from the truth. They come begging to be in my film, 'nuff said!

To all the haters, all I have to say is- shut up, you know the truth and you're just jealous of my perfect skills as a film maker. If you want to challenge me, come on- give it your best at my next film where I will beat the living **** out of you in front of the mass public!!! So that they can see how stupid and pathetic you are!

So, without further adeui I thought it would be kind of me to present three additional minutes in one of the best films ever made! Until 'Postal', 9/11- Irac, hehe lmaol! Attack me idiots, you don't know what's funny if it bit you in the ass! And no I will not go to Hell, in fact- God, the Devil, everybody loves me and knows how truly gifted I am.

So go see 'Postal' and laugh at all the hilarity of "tragedy" and then buy the director's cut of my brilliant movie- along with the game. How more charitable can I be.

- A message from Uwe Bowell

P.S. Any nasty comments from posters, the same challenge is hereby given to you!!!

No need for a Director's Cut. What we need is for the movie to disappear and never see the light of day again.

A MESSAGE FROM UWE BOWELL:

That's right people of SHH! You buy my movie and you get the game! How cool can that be?! The three extra minutes of my masterpiece, yes I said it- masterpiece. Transformers, Harry Potter and Spider-Man, bah, those are some of the worst piles of crap ever made!!! I challenge Raimi and Bay into a fight, my place- two nights from now- but, they'll probably chicken out knowing I'm right. That they're films are crap and that I am the best director of all time!!!!! Yes, that's right- no other director that has ever existed has ever come close to reaching my genius!

Why else do you think that alot of actors come knocking at my door asking to be in my films- shouting "Bowell, adopt me, adopt me, let me be in your next film!" An no, the rumor about me sending out hitmen and death threats to them stating that if they are not in my movie they will be murdered is far from the truth. They come begging to be in my film, 'nuff said!

To all the haters, all I have to say is- shut up, you know the truth and you're just jealous of my perfect skills as a film maker. If you want to challenge me, come on- give it your best at my next film where I will beat the living **** out of you in front of the mass public!!! So that they can see how stupid and pathetic you are!

So, without further adeui I thought it would be kind of me to present three additional minutes in one of the best films ever made! Until 'Postal', 9/11- Irac, hehe lmaol! Attack me idiots, you don't know what's funny if it bit you in the ass! And no I will not go to Hell, in fact- God, the Devil, everybody loves me and knows how truly gifted I am.

So go see 'Postal' and laugh at all the hilarity of "tragedy" and then buy the director's cut of my brilliant movie- along with the game. How more charitable can I be.

- A message from Uwe Bowell

P.S. Any nasty comments from posters, the same challenge is hereby given to you!!!

LMAO

Actually sounds like something he would say.

Anyone seen the special features on any of his films? He comes off as so arrogant and actually thinks he's a great filmmaker.

uwe_boll.jpg

The original cut of AitD was painful enough. No need to add insult to injury.

When did the last AOTD game come out anyway? Like 10 years ago? :confused:

Chances are whatever game they're including can be found for free at an abodonware website. :o

When did the last AOTD game come out anyway? Like 10 years ago? :confused:

Chances are whatever game they're including can be found for free at an abodonware website. :o

Nope, came out in 99 or 00. Don't think it got good reviews neither.

Are you talking about the one online at horrorlair.com or another script?

The old AITD games won't work on XP would they? Or will they be patched to work on the XP or Vista OS?

I didn't even know it was available online but another screenwriter had been hired on beforehand and he had a much more indepth movie, that was trimmed down to the bare bones plot that we recieved from Boll, but Bole completely tossed out the script and created his awful movie. The other writer wasn't happy about it at all.

I didn't even know it was available online but another screenwriter had been hired on beforehand and he had a much more indepth movie, that was trimmed down to the bare bones plot that we recieved from Boll, but Bole completely tossed out the script and created his awful movie. The other writer wasn't happy about it at all.

The one online has the same 3 writers credited that the movie does.

Here it is...

http://www.horrorlair.com/movies/alone_in_the_dark.html

Dude, next week we see the release of Zodiac, The Host, and Hard Boiled on DVD. Save your money for those films which are surely millions of times better than anything from the toilet Boll.

A director's cut of this movie is like squeezing out an extra turd when you're on the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"