Already A New Batgirl?

Reaction score
Wtf?

Riddle Me This: Who’s the New Batgirl?
May 7th, 2009 at 11:53 am

There will be a new BATGIRL comic debuting in August. It seems the identity this "new" Batgirl is a mystery! It is not known if Cassandra Cain or Barbara Gordon will be coming back or if in fact it is a new girl beneath the cowl. I’ve got the teaser image here for the new character. It looks like they’re maintaining most of the design from the more recent Batgirl excluding the lower half of the facemask and perhaps a slightly different utility belt.
Personally I’d like to see Stephanie Brown in the role. I like Spoiler and always felt that DC screwed the character when they made her Robin for two seconds before "killing" her. The best thing Chuck Dixon did before butting heads with editorial and leaving DC again was bringing her back. I think the Spoiler identity is kinda lame but would be happy to see Steph wearing the Bat symbol. She’s been a Robin and a valuable asset to Gotham City before. She gets my vote now.
But what do I know? They do not pay me to make the big decisions… at least, not yet.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed until August.
- SJD

http://www.cosmiccomix.com/newblog/?p=2259

I'm excited, but weary as well...

I hate that this is happening. For one, Cass (taking away when Beechen screwed her over multiple times) was the perfect Batgirl. If Steph becomes Batgirl, it will be randomly going against an entire history of her being her own superhero away from Batman, which was her appeal and her personality. If Babs becomes Batgirl, it will be regressing who knows how many years of development.

Not to mention a 25-30 year old woman becoming the Batgirl is just ridicilous.

Isn't Cassandra Cain currently Batgirl in the Outsiders? How can they change this as I heard she has taken over the leadership of the team and she was just adopted by Bruce Wayne in her 6 issue run so why change this now I don't know. Although I would like to see Steph trying out the role as Tim has already said he didn't want to see her in the spoiler costume again, but didn't say anything about the Batgirl costume :cwink:

Last edited:
Not to mention a 25-30 year old woman becoming the Batgirl is just ridicilous.

This is a really good point as well. I don't know how old Cassandra would be as I don't believe was really mentioned in NML but she certainly doesn't look like a girl anymore. Also the new image of Batgirl has a shade of purple as if suggesting Spoiler. I just don't know what they would do with Cain as would be a waste of what started out as a really cool character.

'As the new Batgirl continues her nightly mission, the mystery of her secret identity intensifies. Now she has become the target of both Gotham City's heroes (who don't take kindly to a new person wearing the cape and the cowl) and its villains (who want to see the entire Bat-family six feet under)!'

This is what has been written for the second issue of the new Batgirl series from the DC website so it seems that someone else has taken over the batgirl persona.

It's called a spoiler tag. And how do you know for sure that its Viki Vale?

i think it was meant to be a joke considering he wrote it in bold and underlined it to make sure everybody get's it. but maybe it's just me.

@Topic
let cassy still be the batgirl and make kelley puckett and damion scott be the creative team again, and I would definitely be sold on this title. But I'm still very interested to find out how it's going to turn out, anyway. Just don't screw this up, boys.

Isn't Cassandra Cain currently Batgirl in the Outsiders? How can they change this as I heard she has taken over the leadership of the team and she was just adopted by Bruce Wayne in her 6 issue run so why change this now I don't know.

No she hasn't been in that book in about 6 months now and Alfred has been the new team leader for that same period of time. As for that 6 issue mini, nothing Adam Beechen does with this character even counts in my eyes, nothing.

No reason at all for Steph to be Batgirl. Firstly, there's no way that Dick would allow her to. Bruce fired her once and Dick has his hands full with Damian. Secondly, she's just now coming into her own and seperating herself from Tim. To add her to the Batfamily again just seems uncreative.

Argh, why couldn't they just leave the Batgirl cowl to Cass?
Well, who ever the new Batgirl is, I'm hoping for Steph(she seems the most likely too).

Sorry about the lack of Spoiler tabs...

it's been a while since I used 'em.

and I know, because I am on the inside.

Viki Vale IS 100% Batgirl
100 point 75 million% she is

Sorry about the lack of Spoiler tabs...

it's been a while since I used 'em.

and I know, because I am on the inside.

Viki Vale IS 100% Batgirl
100 point 75 million% she is

How can you be so sure? And why would she?

I just can't see how that could make any sense, on paper it sounds really ridiculous.

Look, I would honestly go into great detail of how I know.
Tell you which books to re-read going back a full year and
a half. I would....

If I could.

I am risking a lot by dropping the name that I dropped. Because the fellas at the office have gone a long way of picking the person and plotting an arch.
This truly is a curve ball and in my opinion one of the best curve ball (obviously on a smaller scale) since Identity Crisis. again on a smaller scale.

I know that it's impossible for you all to trust what I saw is iron clad. But it's all I can give at this moment. Once the first issue hits press and she's revealed. Then I will gladly return and show you the steps that got us to the room. However, for those that wanted to know that is who it is
VV
. And for the sake of my job, I just say Trust me.

Don't worry bro you don't have to elaborate nothing that silly is worth losing a job over. I'm just curious as to how that would actually work I mean it even conflicts with part of the name lmao. I'll read the first couple of issues to see what is being cooked up but I'm not very excited.

I just can't see how that could make any sense, on paper it sounds really ridiculous.

Not if you've seen the signs. again, this has been plotted out for a year and a half.

In particular books, it's been hinted at in micro sprinkles. I for one am excited to see everyone's reaction to it.

And let's remember, There is a reason why they bring back characters into the fray.

Jason Todd to name drop.

If you choose not to buy into what I've said. That's fine. My job Here...is to help you see how it came to this. by subtlety pointing out that the answer lies in books going as far back as when she reappeared. and not in ASAoBM&R. I am talking cannon.

Not if you've seen the signs. again, this has been plotted out for a year and a half.

In particular books, it's been hinted at in micro sprinkles. I for one am excited to see everyone's reaction to it.

And let's remember, There is a reason why they bring back characters into the fray.

Jason Todd to name drop.

If you choose not to buy into what I've said. That's fine. My job Here...is to help you see how it came to this. by subtlety pointing out that the answer lies in books going as far back as when she reappeared. and not in ASAoBM&R. I am talking cannon.

Her role in BFTC didn't leave any real signs that it would lead to this just that she will end up having a bigger role in the bat books again now that she is putting all the pieces of the puzzle together.

Like I said man don't worry about it nothing is worth risking your job all I'm saying is that on paper it sounds stupid the execution could be something totally different. I never said that you were lying.

Jason Todd to name drop.

Judging that you couldn't even spell her name right, I'm going to go ahead and say you're not in the office with them.

Judging that you couldn't even spell her name right, I'm going to go ahead and say you're not in the office with them.

That's fine and good. I'm not on trial here.

It's common for any information, weather spelt correctly or incorrectly due to hasty typing, put on display in a public forum to be judged.

I know what I know.

I just wanted to put it on the table for anyone that's hungry

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"