Am I in the wrong?

So, my friend finally announce's he's going out with a girl he's been talking about for ages. So, me and another one of his friends add her on facebook, just to see what she's like. No problems. The next day, he flips at me, and tells me I'm wrong and weird for adding her if I've never met her and dont know her. Is that weird? I certainly dont see it that way, am I alone in this way of thinking. :huh:

Considering that people add random people to their facebook accounts all the time she's practically family.

Actually, yea. He's punching waaaay above his weight. :oldrazz:
Hahaha. At first I thought she was ugly and the reason he got mad is because he didn't want youse guys to find out. He might just be a control freak? *shrug*

He's upset because he's worried that she'll like you better than him.

He might have an unfortunate experience in his past in which a friend ****ed him over, perhaps not on purpose, but just by swooping in and, having no pressure on himself, being far more suave around the lady than he could be.

I think you were in the wrong, but probably only because I've been in a similar position.

So, my friend finally announce's he's going out with a girl he's been talking about for ages. So, me and another one of his friends add her on facebook, just to see what she's like. No problems. The next day, he flips at me, and tells me I'm wrong and weird for adding her if I've never met her and dont know her. Is that weird? I certainly dont see it that way, am I alone in this way of thinking. :huh:

I'm thinking the guy might be thinking you'll be using Facebook to steal her from him in the future if you think she's hot. *shrugs*

Your friend has some issues.

I really don't understand the whole Facebook thing at all, but I still think you were in the wrong. Let your friend introduce you to her, let him have his "alone time" with her. He may have also been afraid you guys will scare her off, skipping steps in the natural progression of the relationship. Sure you aren't actually meeting the girl, but you should really not be having any contact with her until he introduces her. Plus it's kinda weird anyway, you could be seen as the psycho, overprotective friend. Do you really need to see what you're friend's dates are like?

Maybe he's afraid that by inviting her along and you guys all knowing each other that you'd be killing "independant <friends name>!!"

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLzQKMebtUw[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLzQKMebtUw Since I apparently can't figure out embedding.

I'd say it's pretty strange if you add someone you don't know, PERIOD - even more so if it's your buddy's girlfriend. I don't think I'd like it too much either.

Dude, it's a social netwroking site. Normally, he would introduce the two of you in person. Since he's seemingly unwilling to do so, go ahead and add her yourself. I assume she's smart enough to know that your a friend of her boyfriend. I've had a lot of my girlfriend's friends add me in the three years we've been together, and vice-versa. It's an incredibly common thing.

Dude, it's a social netwroking site. Normally, he would introduce the two of you in person. Since he's seemingly unwilling to do so, go ahead and add her yourself. I assume she's smart enough to know that your a friend of her boyfriend. I've had a lot of my girlfriend's friends add me in the three years we've been together, and vice-versa. It's an incredibly common thing.

Seriously, she would see the number of friends in common with the person who is requesting her. So she would know it is a friend of her boy friend.

People do this all the time. It's why facebook exists, to get to know people. Especially friends of friends that you don't know.

Seriously, she would see the number of friends in common with the person who is requesting her. So she would know it is a friend of her boy friend.

People do this all the time. It's why facebook exists, to get to know people. Especially friends of friends that you don't know.

Yeah, but he's not her boyfriend yet, the post makes it seem like they're still very early in the getting to know you phase, maybe even pre-first date. Dude should chill out, stop screening friends dates via facebook.

Yeah, but he's not her boyfriend yet, the post makes it seem like they're still very early in the getting to know you phase, maybe even pre-first date. Dude should chill out, stop screening friends dates via facebook.

I can agree to wait until they are official.

Can you link me to her facebook please? I'll sign up and I'll probably need friends.

I can agree to wait until they are official.

No, they are actually going out. Its the third time they've started dating. He's dumped her twice before.

No, they are actually going out. Its the third time they've started dating. He's dumped her twice before.

Well then you're a dick, cause the girl's probably thinking this time is different and he'll just dump her again.

The fact that anyone is using the word "wrong" here is laughable. If you have to tiptoe around a friend in regard to "meeting friend's significant other", it's not a friendship that's likely to last long or be worth much.

Is your friend one of those incredi-jealous types who doesn't want his girlfriend associating with any guys? I had this co-worker who was constantly on-again/off-again with her boyfriend. She added me on Myspace, got back with her boyfriend, dropped me from Myspace, broke up with him, added me, reconciled, dropped me.

Is your friend one of those incredi-jealous types who doesn't want his girlfriend associating with any guys? I had this co-worker who was constantly on-again/off-again with her boyfriend. She added me on Myspace, got back with her boyfriend, dropped me from Myspace, broke up with him, added me, reconciled, dropped me.

I hate guys like that. "Baby, I love you, just don't go anywhere near half the entire population of the planet."

If I was you i'd keeping "poking" her, just to wind your mate up. :hehe:

Throw a sheep at her too. That'll REALLY **** him off.

This thread could really use a bit of Heretic's wisdom on friends and girlfriends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"