Comics Amazing Spider-Man #609 spoilers/discussion

Me too! :woot:

I would consider all those TMOB listed (as well as TMOB) "real" fans, and they are on both sides of this direction.

Reminds me of the battles between "real" Star War fans on which movies and shows are "real" Star Wars.

Anyway, what I think "REAL" Spider-Man fans should be doing is supporting The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon which is danger of cancellation. It is THE best adaptation of the character in any form!

Even though I have bought Spidey from the beginning...i am totally NOT a fan. I just like the smell of the paper. :cwink:

Oh and i watch the Spectacular Spidey toon all the time, and own the First Season DVD...but i am not a fan of that (or spidey, again) either...i just like the bright vivid colors!

In fact, i woke up the other morning, went out to all my comics, and re-sealed all of them tightly in bags in hopes that the Great Pumpkin, or maybe the "Mildew Maiden" would see that I am sincere and help grow a "crop" inside those sealed bags, thus destroying my "collection of hate"!

:woot:

Me too! :woot:

I would consider all those TMOB listed (as well as TMOB) "real" fans, and they are on both sides of this direction.

Reminds me of the battles between "real" Star War fans on which movies and shows are "real" Star Wars.

Right. I hate Phantom-Menace and the other prequels, but if you liked them I wouldn't say you're not a real fan. Someone who grew up with those new movies could have a vastly different perspective on what Star Wars means to them personally. That's (one of the many reasons) why I always hated 'Wizard' talking about how Spider-Man has sucked since the 80's. Well, I started reading in the 90's and that's the Spider-Man I grew up with and loved.

Maybe what JustABill meant is that Meehaul is not a REAL fanBOY like him. Because that's what his behavior reminds me of... that condescending fanboyish mockery that some fans use on other fans in order to reaffirm their feelings of mental superiority.

Honestly though, I think if there could be a definition to the term "real fan" it would probably have to be someone who enjoys the product unconditionally. And that's just the beginning. A real fan would probably also have a shrine, official marketing, and a life devoted to said product.
That's a real fan.
A real fan would stick thru the thick and thin, and wouldn't give up in dark times.

I believe everyone who thinks a real fan is someone who won't put up with bad stories is not a real fan.

I would just classify myself a fan.
Yeah, I would say this is probably the best description of a real fan. When I think of sports teams, real fans are the ones that stick with the team even when they're horrible. Like, I still watched the Lakers when Kobe raped that girl. And rape is far worse than marriage-retcons.:o

Last edited:
I'd say the opposite. The 90's show was a great show, but I say it is second best to Spectacular.

Spectacular is more faithful to the comic and much more fluid animation.
I liked that 60's Spidey cartoon:o

But yeah, I bought Spectacular Season 1 on dvd and it was great, definitely my favorite. While I liked the 90's one when it first came out, I got tired of it about halfway through, when it started having ridiculous stories like Mary Jane going through a warphole, Hydro-Man and Spot being major villains, making Electro a Nazi, etc. Plus, the art style was really not that great and I didn't like many of the costume designs for villains. Although it was nice that Hobgoblin was a major bad guy (despite giving him a crappy sendoff).

I can't wait for season 2 of Spectacular to hit DVDs.

Yeah, I would say this is probably the best description of a real fan. When I think of sports teams, real fans are the ones that stick with the team even when they're horrible. Like, I still watched the Lakers when Kobe raped that girl. And rape is far worse than marriage-retcons.:o

I don't know why, but your reason for editing made me lmao. :yay:

I liked that 60's Spidey cartoon:o

Hey, that's what started my Spidey fandom! I have vague memories of when it was on Saturday mornings in the 60's, but when they started showing reruns after school in the 70's, that's what got me into Spider-Man. Initially it was the costume (very different than Batman or Superman), and then it was the wisecracks when he was fighting. :woot:

You should have... it's the best Spidey cartoon to date... :up:

:yay:

While I do have a deep affection for the 60's cartoon (as it got me into this in the first place), you should really check out Spectacular Spider-Man, TMOB, if you haven't already. Being an oldtimer like myself, you would really appreciate them! Best adaptation of Spidey (including the live action films).

Hey, that's what started my Spidey fandom! I have vague memories of when it was on Saturday mornings in the 60's, but when they started showing reruns after school in the 70's, that's what got me into Spider-Man. Initially it was the costume (very different than Batman or Superman), and then it was the wisecracks when he was fighting. :woot:
That's how I got into Spidey too, through reruns of it. Plus, no Venom!

While I do have a deep affection for the 60's cartoon (as it got me into this in the first place), you should really check out Spectacular Spider-Man, TMOB, if you haven't already. Being an oldtimer like myself, you would really appreciate them! Best adaptation of Spidey (including the live action films).

Well, I wouldnt say it's as good as the movies were, but it certainly does an amazing job of getting the feel of the comics. I really appreciate how the story is always continuing in terms of how the villains show up and in terms of Peter's personal life.

I watched Season I of Spec and dug it a LOT... I'm going to be watching Season II soon enough..

But I still have DEEP affections for the 60's toon, as it was my first introduction to Spider-Man when I was 4 or 5 years old circa 1972...

I watched Season I of Spec and dug it a LOT... I'm going to be watching Season II soon enough..

But I still have DEEP affections for the 60's toon, as it was my first introduction to Spider-Man when I was 4 or 5 years old circa 1972...

You're just NOW watching the show TMOB? :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Same as me, pal, same as me. Same circa, only I was around 7. :yay:

And you really got to watch season 2 airing on Disney XD right now! Goblin arc starts Wednesday. It is even better than the first season! :woot:

Man, you guys are old. :awesome:

Last edited:
I have a very sincere spidey-patch.

(that doesn't sound right...........................)

Gotta say Gugg's been remarkably consistent as pretty much writing the worst BND stories out of them all, and I say this factoring in Gale. Dialogue = awful except for one joke. Most cringe worthy moment, when Peter Parker's ****ing clone needed explanation as to how he knew who Peter Parker really was. Are we seriously at that point?

I've liked one Gugg issue and that was the one that didn't have Peter Parker in it except for a card.

A couple other things to clarify:

Anyone calling themselves a "real" Spider-Man fan isn't by the simple logic that Peter Parker wouldn't be about exclusion in the slightest. That said any boycotter is a true Spider-Man fan.

Anyone who likes Kobe Bryant or the current lakers is a *****e. After Pat Reilly left it was time to leave.

Finally Spec Spider-Man is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"