• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news everyone!

The Amazing Spider-Man DLC Swings to PSN Tomorrow

We’ll be launching four Amazing Spider-Man DLC packs on the PlayStation Network tomorrow, starting with the Stan Lee Adventure and Rhino Challenge, as well as two new packs – The Lizard Rampage and Oscorp Search & Destroy. In deciding what new content would interest fans of the game, we realized the only thing that could compare to playing as the webhead himself was to let players step into the shoes of other notable characters: The Lizard, Rhino, and my personal favorite, Stan Lee. Plus, you can also fight crime within cool retro-arcade inspired mini-games through Spider-Man’s in-game smartphone. Here’s what you can expect from each of the DLC packs coming your way. Read More.

The best thing was honestly in SM1 the game, with Goblin as a playable character. Free Roaming as Harry in SM3 just sucked, especially since he was stuck on the damn glider -__-

Good news everyone!
Lizard and Oscorp packs sound interesting
Stan Lee and Rhino packs are meh

The best thing was honestly in SM1 the game, with Goblin as a playable character. Free Roaming as Harry in SM3 just sucked, especially since he was stuck on the damn glider -__-
Sucked? Especially? Sucked?
No, it did not suck, and I had to play a hacked save to play as Harry

I hope there would be no time limit
Wonder if I'll have those for PC
The DLC costumes better be there if DLC is to be available for PC

Will be interesting to see Lizard's free flow moves.

Speaking of free flow, I don't know if it did something to watering down boss fights, but if it did I don't want it in a later installment
If they can make it fit awesome boss fights though, I'm willing to give it a try

Will be interesting to see Lizard's free flow moves.

Honestly I think it'll be the Rhino challenge just with Lizard. Hopefully not though, I don't want to be constantly running all the time.

It seems like you can climb walls though, so that's cool.

Speaking of free flow, I don't know if it did something to watering down boss fights, but if it did I don't want it in a later installment
If they can make it fit awesome boss fights though, I'm willing to give it a try

This is an interesting thought that I've thought about myself.

I guess it's the first thing one would think, having some pretty uninspired boss fights in AA with Bane, Joker and Ivy. Same thing when you compare a non-free flow game like SD with ASM.

However, I don't think it's that easy. I don't see why a free flow combat would make any difference if the boss battles are well made. The reason why the free flow combat didn't work well in boss fights in ASM is because of Spidey's repeated right kick all the time which made it all look very ugly. It really didn't feel like free flow but something worse than regular combat.

If you go back to AA again, Rocksteady already explained that the reason was that they made the boss fights almost last in the development process and therefore weren't thought out and given enough time. I think it's the exact same reason why the boss battles suck in ASM. They had so much new to focus their work on: free flow, free roam, new designs, an entire city, all the process of getting the story and have all parts be happy etc. I just think boss fights weren't in Beenox's interest as much this time as in SD because there wasn't time enough.

The boss battles were simply lazy in design. They were all about the same. A boss battle should have brawls for sure, but also be a bit puzzeling, with some special moves added just for that boss fights to make it feel unique. I think that had SD had free flow combat, the boss fights would have been just as good. You shouldn't have to just press square all the time against a boss and vary it with some triangle to dodge now and then and eventually win. You should have to take cover and hide behind stuff, find out different ways to get past obstacles, take use of your environments in attacks and so on. If you implement things like those in a boss battle, you wouldn't even recognise anything bad about the free flow combat. If designed well, the free flow combat would even make it look much cooler.

Holy crap, we can play as the Lizard?! Dude, way back in this thread, I was talking about Lizard DLC, and then saying it wasn't gonna happen! Sweet!
Any trailers or screens of it?

What Beenox, don't care about the XBOX people? I think it's a start, but I still want new costumes. But still, playing as the Lizard is awesome! BTW, I hope some of you didn't turn it in already!

Wait, PSN only?
cryingcuzkogif.gif

Lizard and Oscorp packs sound interesting
Stan Lee and Rhino packs are meh

Sucked? Especially? Sucked?
No, it did not suck, and I had to play a hacked save to play as Harry

I had a PS3 so it came with my collectors edition and it was just SO disappointing.

I'm surprised that we are finally getting DLC. I think I'll be buying this. I hope The Lizard DLC is awesome.

I guess it's the first thing one would think, having some pretty uninspired boss fights in AA with Bane, Joker and Ivy. Same thing when you compare a non-free flow game like SD with ASM.

However, I don't think it's that easy. I don't see why a free flow combat would make any difference if the boss battles are well made. The reason why the free flow combat didn't work well in boss fights in ASM is because of Spidey's repeated right kick all the time which made it all look very ugly. It really didn't feel like free flow but something worse than regular combat.

If you go back to AA again, Rocksteady already explained that the reason was that they made the boss fights almost last in the development process and therefore weren't thought out and given enough time. I think it's the exact same reason why the boss battles suck in ASM. They had so much new to focus their work on: free flow, free roam, new designs, an entire city, all the process of getting the story and have all parts be happy etc. I just think boss fights weren't in Beenox's interest as much this time as in SD because there wasn't time enough.

The boss battles were simply lazy in design. They were all about the same. A boss battle should have brawls for sure, but also be a bit puzzeling, with some special moves added just for that boss fights to make it feel unique. I think that had SD had free flow combat, the boss fights would have been just as good. You shouldn't have to just press square all the time against a boss and vary it with some triangle to dodge now and then and eventually win. You should have to take cover and hide behind stuff, find out different ways to get past obstacles, take use of your environments in attacks and so on. If you implement things like those in a boss battle, you wouldn't even recognise anything bad about the free flow combat. If designed well, the free flow combat would even make it look much cooler.

After reading that article about the development of the game I think part of the reason the boss battles suffered so much was because there was a constant push and pull battle with the creative ideas being dragged out due to conflicting issues with Sony and Marvel.

Beenox spent the down time working on things like the web rush. They refined that system several times over. You can also tell that they spent a good deal of time working on the aerial hunter battles in manhattan...those were frenetic, fast-paced and very good and show more of what Beenox is capable of doing. IMO, the boss battles in ASM were probably thrown together rather quickly due to time issues and the creative flow being interrupted. The Rhino battles, although extremely similar to past Rhino encounters were at least something where you had to use your environment, much like those in SD, and didn't require the use of any freeflow. I actually liked those.

Vigilante suit comes with the Lizard DLC

:up:

Thanks dude. I was corrected in the other thread by Nathan as well. I'll be picking up the Lizard DLC mostly for that suit. The overall DLC is still pretty lame though. It would have been nice to see more attention given to Spidey.

That right kick is the only move I don't like in combat in that game

Looks interesting, but I wouldn't raise my hopes high
I think this could be something like the Stan Lee costume, just a costume with lines (or roars) delivered by someone other than Spider-Man's va

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"