• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they would do that. Aren't they owned by Activision?

They aren't owned by activision, no. They have a contract with them and develop games for activision, but typically game developers are freelance and usually work with whichever publisher pays them to create a certian video game.

More
The Amazing Spider-Man will be the best looking Spider-Man game to date. Engine significantly reworked to make this happen

Okay now for a question that is more grounded in reality. someone ask dee if spidey can preform stealth takedowns in outdoor environments. And is it possible for him to preform multiple stealth takedowns in one move?

Okay now for a question that is more grounded in reality. someone ask dee if spidey can preform stealth takedowns in outdoor environments. And is it possible for him to preform multiple stealth takedowns in one move?
asked there now
The web swing in The Amazing Spider-Man is completely unique compared to past game, an incredible blend of speed and vertigo
i asked : will the comic collectibles be strictly from "Amazing" or will they include the other series?
can't answer this one just yet... ;)
Can't remember if there's a 100% complete achievement in The Amazing Spider-Man but I remember what the in-game reward is...
Unfortunately no avatar items this time around
Working hard to get you gameplay footage ASAP but have no idea how soon this will be

Last edited:
"Can't remember if there's a 100% complete achievement in The Amazing Spider-Man but I remember what the in-game reward is..."

*challenge accepted*

Last edited:
Diff between TASM and SM3 in open world
hard to summarize an answer for that one - you'll get a better sense of this when we'll release more footage
Iguana and Rhino are the only extra characters we've announced yet
Yes, more villains will be revealed in the near future...the coolest thing is that we get to reinvent their origin with Marvel
When The Amazing Spider-Man is complete you get to hang around Manhattan, finish side missions, even select time of day
Too hard to say - Spider-Man has a mechanical speed and unique navigation that force us to compromise some
in reply to
By comparison, the size of the open world can be compared to: Half that of GTA4? Full? Mafia2? Prototype?
The Amazing Spider-Man combat system does have similarity with it but adds a lot of unique stuff including SIGNATURE MOVES!
^ combat similarity to AA and AC
You won't be able to knock enemies off buildings, Spidey wouldn't allow that without reacting.
There's no blood except on Spidey when badly injured.

villains mix obscure & well known
I would say a nice mix of both ;)

Last edited:
Info
In our game, Spider-Man is helping the police and no, they aren't after Spidey.
The belt was added to offer "realistic" treatment of the webshooters (via auto reload anim) without compromising gameplay
to rude words

no as we wanted to focus on giving you an awesome single player experience, make you feel like Spidey like never before
RE multiplayer and coop

yes, side missions in Manhattan will still be available once you beat the game
Yes, unlockable costumes have been recreated with a more realistic look but I wouldn't go as far as "redesigned"

WE GOT ANSWERED
In The Amazing Spider-Man, you'll be able to perform Stealth takedowns both inside and outside and there are some cool upgrades...

Last edited:
Yes, unlockable costumes have been recreated with a more realistic look but I wouldn't go as far as "redesigned"

This was one of my questions.

Mechanics
Actually, The Amazing Spider-Man mechanics have pretty much been redesigned from scratch to give you something fresh
Marvel/Sony made sure we're OK story wise-you can always see the movie first but make sure to pre-order-the exclusive stuff is...
Web swinging isn't upgradable in The Amazing Spider-Man - you get the awesome experience right out of the gate :)
We have plenty of explosions :) but no rain, no

Last edited:
He didn't answer if the Lizard would be in the game! :mad: Only told me that Doctor Connors will have a role in it. Damn his vague answer! Haha

Here's hoping Iguana causes Lizard to come out and play.

custom music feature
Thank you for the feedback actually, not sure it will make it in this one but what about the future ? Who knows ;)
You can't hand them to street lamps but you can have a lot of fun hanging them to the ceiling or webbing them on walls
Navigation is adapted to be best in indoor and outdoor sections - web swinging for example is completely different
Yes and incredibly cool! You'll feel like Spider-Man like never before. In our game, YOU are Spider-Man.
RE extras for havin SD or EOT save files
interesting... thanks for pointing this out, let me find out about this on Monday...

Last edited:
I also asked him if you'd fight Lizard in the game. Haha

"You can't hand them to street lamps but you can have a lot of fun hanging them to the ceiling or webbing them on walls"

Aww no hanging thugs to street lamps. Oh well, ceilings and walls are good enough. :)

No swimming after all
No swimming or chess playing in The Amazing Spider-Man, just pure web swinging awesomeness :)
One of my favorite thing is actually to WEB RUSH on an helicopter and just hang there, enjoy the view,take some pictures
MP in future games
Actually yes, it's something that could be cool in a future game with multiple dimensions (such as Shattered Dimensions)
Activision tasked us to do Spider-Man games. That's it. From there, we're free to go in any direction to make the best games

Last edited:
I was hoping that Garfield would voice Spidey in this game but hey, I'll take what I can get :p

Hanging enemies from street lamps would have been awesome.

Damn.. I asked a good question that didn't get answered.

Well that went a little better than I expected. He gave us a lot of great answers, that for the most part were specific and detailed. I'm happy. Would of been awesome if he announced just one villain though.

I was hoping that Garfield would voice Spidey in this game but hey, I'll take what I can get :p

I think he will. Because Dee specifically said that foreign language versions of the game will not be tied to the voices from the film, which implies that the English version will.

Dammmmm-_-
I wanted to ask him if we will be seeing fan favorites like shocker, blackcat, or mysterio in the game.
If if he couldn't answer, it would have been nice if he could have dropped a hint or two to leave us guessing which villain is next. All well:/

The answer would be something like:
''Yes, you'll have plenty of fan favorites, just can't say each ones right now, but you'll know soon :)''

Besides, he already said that we'll have some fan favorites in the game. Just not sure what they consider fan favorite. I hope Shocker is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"