Iron Man 3 AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

This is only holding up advanced sales. We're still a little more than a week away. I bet you anything this is resolved by end of the week.

Yeah for the biggest theater chain and Walt Frickkin Disney to end up NOT being able to show the probably biggest movie of the summer...that would be a historic f-up.

Im now going to Cobb theaters IMAX anyway, so let them do whatevs :)

The only theaters around me are Regal and Cinemarks so I really hope they can work things out. I'd have to drive over an hour to find a movie theater not owned by those 3 chains.

Last edited:
It's probably not being made a big deal out of because no one thinks this is going to go on for long.

I don't think you understand how big those theaters chains are in the US. Where I live, they're almost the only places to see movies like IM3. If none of these theaters show IM3 then I will literally not be able to see it.

Same here. Those three chains make up the majority of the theaters, at least on the west coast. Not sure what different chains there might be on the east coast.

So typical of a insanely large corporation. They get greedier and greedier. A few corporations I've worked for in the past would brag at the employee meetings how well the company is growing and making more money...then they told us a little later that bonuses were going away or they were going to skip raises that year.

It'll be worked out, but expect a price increase for tickets. . . . .

I recall a similar incident involving Star Wars Episode 2 and I want to say theaters in Canada?

what should I do? I am so confused lol. I plan on going with quite a few friends, but we normally go to AMC, should we buy tickets for showcase cinema instead?

what should I do? I am so confused lol. I plan on going with quite a few friends, but we normally go to AMC, should we buy tickets for showcase cinema instead?
I'm personally just gonna hold out. This will blow over.

If AMC doesn't show IM3, their stock as a company will tank and their CEO should be fired on the spot. This is an argument about profit sharing. Is Disney being greedy? Probably, but it's their film. They make the film, the theaters show it. If they choose not to, they do so at their own peril, and they would probably get sued by Disney if they don't show it.

I was at the local AMC today and they still had IM3 posters up as well as the huge two sided lobby display...

AMC still has every intention of showing this film. They're not gonna waste the effort of taking down all the promo materials when they know this little financial stand-off is gonna end one way or another and the film will still ultimately play in their theaters.

I have an AMC nearest to my house so they better work this work ASAP.

What the hell? They better work this out ASAP or I am screwed out of seeing Iron Man3. The only movie theaters around me are all Cinemark, Regal and AMC.

This bums me out. Cinemark already sold a few tickets to a midnight showing, but then stopped selling them. I was really hoping they'd do the marathon like AMC is, because the Batman Marathon they had was awesome.

I only have a Cinemark, and the next closest is an AMC. I hope they work something out because this is ****ing bull.

All of the theaters around me are either AMC or Regal.

I already invited a lot of friends to go to the movie with me, and I was really puzzled as to why I couldn't get tickets to the intended theater yet.

Ugh.

The majority of theaters in NYC are AMC/Regal, there is no way they will not show the film. The backlash would be unfathomable.

Wow this is insane, this is likely to be the biggest grossing movie of the year and the theaters are gonna refuse to show it? They can't be that crazy, can they?

Wow this is insane, this is likely to be the biggest grossing movie of the year and the theaters are gonna refuse to show it? They can't be that crazy, can they?

It's a lose-lose situation...I can't imagine that both parties would be willing to lose hundreds of millions of dollars in an effort to gain the better deal.

They aren't going to refuse to show it, it's a game of chicken. Who will flinch first. AMC is banking on the fact that Disney will back down, because if they don't show the film it will hurt it's opening weekend, on the flip side it would be financial suicide for AMC and other chains not to show Iron Man which will be among the top two or three grossing films of the year, if not the outright top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"