Iron Man 3 AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

If it does affect the opening weekend, even by one day or hell, one night....it would be a historic f-up.

These guys are going up against Disney, I have a feeling the theatres will be the ones to cave in.

got a late e-mail from AMC, for those of you who already bought tickets(I got my money back and switched to different theatre :) )

"I understand your frustration. Please hold on a little longer! Guests who have already purchased tickets, should be able to use them on the day of the movie.

Thank you.

Vickie

AMC Guest Services."

Little did she know I already got my money back and am set to see it at a Cobb theaters IMAX 3D trololololol :D

got a late e-mail from AMC, for those of you who already bought tickets(I got my money back and switched to different theatre :) )

"I understand your frustration. Please hold on a little longer! Guests who have already purchased tickets, should be able to use them on the day of the movie.

Thank you.

Vickie

AMC Guest Services."

Little did she know I already got my money back and am set to see it at a Cobb theaters IMAX 3D trololololol :D

lol, on the bright side, there's still a chance that this dispute will be resolved in no time.

She could have just been saying things to calm me down, but she may have pretty much confirmed they will be playing the movie opening night regardless lol.

She could have just been saying things to calm me down, but she may have pretty much confirmed they will be playing the movie opening night regardless lol.

Yeah maybe you're right :woot: whatever, like you said you already got your tickets :woot::woot::woot:

Good thing we don't have those kind of problems here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they have a current contract, Disney is trying to re-negotiate the terms, but assuming nothing else happens, can't they proceed under the current terms?

I think the ban on early ticket purchasing is just a strategy movie to piss off Disney.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they have a current contract, Disney is trying to re-negotiate the terms, but assuming nothing else happens, can't they proceed under the current terms?

I think the ban on early ticket purchasing is just a strategy movie to piss off Disney.

it is up to Disney to decide what contract they use...since they are trying to get a new one

I really hope this gets resolved soon, I don't want to drive out 40 minutes to the nearest theater for not even a midnight showing.

AMC and Regal aren't going to let this go on for much longer. IM3 comes out next week. If they don't show the movie, they miss out on a lot of money.

yeah really. I am starting to panic a little bit. I usually have my midnight premiere tickets atleast a month in advance, I still havent bought mine yet, because when I tried to, the AMC people told me they werent on sale yet

AMC and Regal aren't going to let this go on for much longer. IM3 comes out next week. If they don't show the movie, they miss out on a lot of money.

Disney will be hurt more by them not showing it than AMC or Regal.

This reminds me of what happened between DirecTV and Viacom, unfortunately DirecTV gave in to Viacom in that situation.......

yeah really. I am starting to panic a little bit. I usually have my midnight premiere tickets atleast a month in advance, I still havent bought mine yet, because when I tried to, the AMC people told me they werent on sale yet

Same, I normally pick mine up three weeks beforehand, and when I went to get them monday, they wouldn't sell them. No bueno.:csad:

NONONONONONONONONO

This is so ****ing stupid.

NONONONONONONONONO

This is so ****ing stupid.
It really is but you also have say Marvel is playing a little too much hardball and had plenty of time to get this deal done a long time ago. I'd say settle at 60% and call it a day.

Forgive me, but what's the issue going on here with the cinemas?

Disney will be hurt more by them not showing it than AMC or Regal.

Agreed. I honestly can't see the theaters backing down... Hell, I hope they don't back down. If they do Disney will begin to think they can muscle the theaters for most of their major releases. And if this happens what does this mean? Either the theaters lose a considerable chunk of the profits (not likely) or a ticket/food price hike.

I'm sure this will come to an end soon but if it didn't imagine people who weren't aware of it. Imagine a family walking up to an AMC, ready to see Iron Man 3 only to find out "no we aren't showing it". Many little kids would cry I imagine!

Ugh. If they don't reach an agreement, do you know who suffers the most from it? The fans. We want to see the movie. If these companies burn us because of some greedy dispute (thanks, Disney), then lots of fans won't feel motivated to go see the movie whenever it does come out.

At least that's how I'm going to feel if that's how things play out. This whole thing blows. :down:

The only theaters that I can even get to are AMC, with the way this is going I might not be able to see this movie until it hits blu-ray.

The only theaters that I can even get to are AMC, with the way this is going I might not be able to see this movie until it hits blu-ray.
Looking the same way for me if nothing is worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"