American Crime Story - Coming to FX from Ryan Murphy

Yeah, I could have done without the Kardashian kids again myself, knowing how disregarded daddy's advice ended up being. :(

That's the first time I can recall an uncensored f-bomb on a non-premium cable show that was done purposely. I wonder if it had to do with the time slot.

*Robert talks about how fame isn't everything*

*Kardashian girls look excitedly at one another*

*It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia theme plays*

kanye_clapping.gif

The f-bomb must have been quick, I missed it. :(

Yeah I think that's the first f-bomb I've ever heard on live cable. Good for them. Imagine ending the episode with that censored. Would have been wonky but I'm curious as to how they got around it.

And I'm starting to think... if Robert wasn't a Kardashian would we really be seeing this much of his family life? I would like to say yes, but the fact it's the Kardashians makes this different. Maybe it does help as fame is one of the themes of the show. It's just we don't need to see these things. We know what happens to them. No scene is going to change them. We're not going to get any new insight into watching these kids because we already know who they grow into. So it feels a little unnecessary.

The show is great so far. They've done a great job showing all the parties and inserting new bits of info, making it easy to follow. But like others here, I really don't want to spend too much time on the Kardashian kids. And it seemed like they really made a point of letting us know his last name is "Kardashian". We get it already.

From the reviews I've read, that seems to be the last of the Kardashian kids for the series.

Yeah I think that's the first f-bomb I've ever heard on live cable. Good for them. Imagine ending the episode with that censored. Would have been wonky but I'm curious as to how they got around it.

They approached their advertisers to see if they were okay with that word at the end of the episode and obviously it didn't scare any away. The only consequences is they could lose viewers and advertisers. I doubt they will lose any with this show. The ratings are big and skew young so we may hear that word a few more times.

Only the 5 networks have to follow FCC guidelines on language/nudity. It's up to the basic cable channel on what they want to use/show.

If they wanted full frontal nudity and all the swear words they could do that but then that might turn away viewers from their shows as well as advertisers and then they're making less revenue. Some group would start a campaign and threaten a boycott. So they walk a fine line of what they show and say.

It all depends if the brands want to be associated with shows that feature f-bombs and sex scenes. Slowly FX keeps pushing closer to what HBO and Netflix can do.

I thought I misheard the first ****, but the "mother****er" was loud and clear.:hehe: I'm glad they were able to do that. I don't mind the appearances of the Kardashian kids; their scenes have been short and I'm not as overexposed to them now as others seem to be, so I'm not bothered by them.

The opening scene was funny considering the celebrity those children now have. While being typical of children to not listen. I don't have the same disdain for that family as others but seeing how Robert got his fame, it's very telling.

The rest of the episode is very good and my God was OJ delusional. Him thinking he's above race was face palm worthy, I imagine that's how Tiger Woods felt when his world blew up. OJ thinking he can charm his way out of those 911 calls with"we were tussling" are you ****ing serious! Then finally him asking about why his Golf buddies havent visited, someone needed to slap his ass into reality. Your going to be on trial for murder you moron!

I am shocked to find out that this the MotherF bomb is a first on a non-paid for channel in the States? That is crazy. Considering how much violence there is in some of these shows (Hannibal for example) I find it absurd how strict they are with cursing. Wtf

Here in England they can swear on every channel (well, excluding kids channels) as long as it's after 8 (or maybe it's 9pm). Even on boring BBC One!

I've seen American TV showrunners say the censorship policies don't make sense.

I love American shows and find the whole censoring thing bizarre as well. You have graphic violence in American shows which people are fine with but certain parts of the audience and advertisers freak out if one character uses an expletive or shows a little bit of nudity.

WELL THEN, DON'T SAY IT, A**HOLE! F***!

:lmao:

OJ: "You know I'm not good at these conflict things..."

tumblr_n2jctjI5xP1sy66uro1_400.gif

Kardashian: "That's not true. That's not true. OK, that's true..."

OJ: "This is horse****!"

Cochran: "This is trash. It'll be forgotten in a week..."

Shapiro: "Page 197. Lesbian sex."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kardashian: "That's not true. That's not true. OK, that's true..."

OJ: "This is horse****!"

Cochran: "This is trash. It'll be forgotten in a week..."

Shapiro: "Page 197. Lesbian sex."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Yeah, there's some really great lines in this show. :p

Last night's episode was terrific, especially Travolta. I'm not much of a fan of him as an actor but Shapiro is easily his best role since Pulp Fiction.

Courtney B Vance is absolutely owning the role of Cochran. If anyone is pulling down and award for their performance, it's going to be him. And I love Connie Britton as an actress but she reminds me just how despicable Faye Resnick was.

The most powerful scene of the night was with Ron Goldman's father. :(

They approached their advertisers to see if they were okay with that word at the end of the episode and obviously it didn't scare any away. The only consequences is they could lose viewers and advertisers. I doubt they will lose any with this show. The ratings are big and skew young so we may hear that word a few more times.

Only the 5 networks have to follow FCC guidelines on language/nudity. It's up to the basic cable channel on what they want to use/show.

If they wanted full frontal nudity and all the swear words they could do that but then that might turn away viewers from their shows as well as advertisers and then they're making less revenue. Some group would start a campaign and threaten a boycott. So they walk a fine line of what they show and say.

It all depends if the brands want to be associated with shows that feature f-bombs and sex scenes. Slowly FX keeps pushing closer to what HBO and Netflix can do.

Thanks. :up:

Courtney B Vance is absolutely owning the role of Cochran. If anyone is pulling down and award for their performance, it's going to be him. And I love Connie Britton as an actress but she reminds me just how despicable Faye Resnick was.

The most powerful scene of the night was with Ron Goldman's father. :(

Vance might be the best actor on the show. I'm really liking Travolta a lot too.

Courtney B. Vance needs an Emmy.

Another incredible episode. I agree Drizzle, Courtney B. Vance deserves some Emmy consideration.

Another great episode. Courtney B. Vance is killing it.

And was all of that true, the attorney collapsing, the rigging of the OJ house? I don't remember hearing about it.

And yeaaaah, there was no way the prosecution was going to win with eight black jurors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"