The Dark Knight Rises An idea for The Jokerz...

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
In the sequel, perhaps there could be the gang of "Jokerz" from Batman Beyond. The same way there was a group of guys inspired by Batman to fight crime in TDK, there could be a different group inspired by the Joker to cause chaos and anarchy in Gotham (perhaps lead by Joker's former psychologist, Harley Quinn?) I'm not saying that they should play a huge role in the third film, because that would be crazy, they should play a part about the same size as the fake Batmen.

What do you think?

I wouldn't mind them in a minor role. That and it'd make sense that some people would worship The Joker. I mean, we have people in real life worshipping mass murderers and serial killers so it's not too unrealistic.

I'd prefer to see the Joker rally criminals from within, gaining a following in Arkham.

It won't be right without the Joker since he is alivei n that world. It would seem just...wrong I guess.

It won't be right without the Joker since he is alivei n that world. It would seem just...wrong I guess.
Yeah. Unless they plan on bringing back the Joker, using a gang like the Jokerz just seems like a cop out. I don't want to see his henchmen, and, frankly, Harley Quinn is uninteresting without the Joker.

I want the Joker, and that's either going to happen or it's not. No substitutes.

I think it would be interesting to see a petty gang that dressed up as the joker or maybe had a weird fashion sense. It would show that all of gotham's criminals are turning crazy, even the street rats. I agree that they should have a minor part in the movie, lie the scarecrow in the Dark Knight. Batman would easily defeat them (and he'd be pretty peeved, too).

Yeah. Unless they plan on bringing back the Joker, using a gang like the Jokerz just seems like a cop out. I don't want to see his henchmen, and, frankly, Harley Quinn is uninteresting without the Joker.

I want the Joker, and that's either going to happen or it's not. No substitutes.

I guess you're right. And I really dont want a recast.

My Idea for the Joker is just recast him and have him as a prisoner in Arkham where he is under the psychiatric care of Harley Quinn. At the climax of the movie have Harley Quinn break him out and then Gotham is in dire trouble cause Riddler and Penguin are running the streets

I'm a pretty big supporter of the recast movement-I won't complain if they don't. I however have a hard time believing even a Depp-Riddler Hoffman-Penguin could be as much of a test to Batman as the Joker was.

Also I really want to see the Riddler/Joker dynamic the hi-tech vs lo-tech. The random vs ocd

It could work, but I don't see Nolan doing it. Remember the beginning of TDK? It had your average joes donning hockey masks and weapons to 'take a bite out of crime.'

If Nolan did something similar with the Joker, he wouldn't refer to them as the 'Jokerz', but you might see a snippet where some people start to adapt his nihilistic ways.

My Idea for the Joker is just recast him and have him as a prisoner in Arkham where he is under the psychiatric care of Harley Quinn. At the climax of the movie have Harley Quinn break him out and then Gotham is in dire trouble cause Riddler and Penguin are running the streets

I'm a pretty big supporter of the recast movement-I won't complain if they don't. I however have a hard time believing even a Depp-Riddler Hoffman-Penguin could be as much of a test to Batman as the Joker was.

Also I really want to see the Riddler/Joker dynamic the hi-tech vs lo-tech. The random vs ocd

I don't have a problem with them recasting the Joker. I mean unbless they never plan to use him again; what choice do they have.

Personally I think a good actor can carry on the role created by Heath and the writers of TDK. AS long as the "new" Joker is a evolution of what he was in TDK. No perma-white skin and no going back to Jack's Joker for '89 with freaky perma-smile prosthetic.

As for Harley Quinn, well why not? If done right, it would work. There a lot of unexptect ways they could go with it and none of them have to be 100% like the cartoon at all.

I don't have a problem with them recasting the Joker. I mean unbless they never plan to use him again; what choice do they have.

Personally I think a good actor can carry on the role created by Heath and the writers of TDK. AS long as the "new" Joker is a evolution of what he was in TDK. No perma-white skin and no going back to Jack's Joker for '89 with freaky perma-smile prosthetic.

As for Harley Quinn, well why not? If done right, it would work. There a lot of unexptect ways they could go with it and none of them have to be 100% like the cartoon at all.

I think it could be a really cool scene to-Silence of the Lambs style, Academy Award winning stuff-where Quinn interviews Joker doing tests on his psyche (to try and write a book or something) and the Joker turns the tables on her and makes he go mad.

I'm a 100 percent behind bringing Joker back, but on the same hand I won't be complaining if they don't. He was a great character and was written and directed just as well as he was performed, I think with another great actor (Like a Johnny Depp if he isn't the Riddler) could do it just fine.

I'd prefer to see the Joker rally criminals from within, gaining a following in Arkham.

I like both ideas. I hope one day we'll get a "Batman Beyond" movie but I would like to see either your idea or the poster's idea fleshed out and come to life. I mean I would love to see Batman having to enter the bowels and shadows of Arkham Asylum; walking into the aberration and furor Arkham is known to have. Seeing all the crazy inmates inhabit it and all the crazy things that go on inside.

And then all of sudden, a riot breaks loose full of people Batman put away but also full of Dr. Hugo Strange's "test-subjects."

As for The Jokerz idea---save it for "BB" movie but I would love to see Harley leading a Joker-esque gang. I do still believe and will ALWAYS say that Heath's Joker looks more like the J-Man (makeup-powdered face, lipsticked-lips) than Joker himself but Heath did act like The Joker we know. So, I would love to see Harley leading a gang that has some gangmembers looking like Bonk, Chucko, Cue, Scab, Pilo, and others from The Jokerz gang.

I don't know what Nolan's plan for the Joker was, if any, in the third movie, but now that Ledger is dead, Nolan is probably going to move on to next villain the next movie.

At best, we might see a newspaper headline about the Joker and that would be ok.

And the trilogy should end with an epic battle between the fake batmen and the fake jokerz :woot:

I wouldn't mind seeing them used, not too unrealistic. They could be a cult or somethin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"