"Ancient History" Talkback/Discussion

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good episode.
I like Hawkman/Jon Stewart/Hawkgirl relationship.

One thing I really didnt like was how Hawkman was just dusted off at the end.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10.

It was a good episode. But I could really care less about all this shipper stuff.

I'm glad the Legion of Doom subplot is back on the next two weeks.

^Bitter sweet if you ask me.

I am glad that the main story is back with the LOD and the action will be nice, but knowing that the next two episodes are the last two episodes make it good and bad at the same time.

:)/:(

Mine wasn't aired in widescreen, was it aired elsehwere in widescreen?

Warhammer said:
^Bitter sweet if you ask me.

I am glad that the main story is back with the LOD and the action will be nice, but knowing that the next two episodes are the last two episodes make it good and bad at the same time.

:)/:(

Yeah but I've already seen them, those episodes are a fitting finale to the JLA.

I couldve seen them, but I am trying not to spoili myself.
Too bad, I already know who comes at the end of next Saturday's episode.

Wont be any suspense there.

Binker said:
Mine wasn't aired in widescreen, was it aired elsehwere in widescreen?

I didnt really pay attention to it, but now that I think about it, I dont remember widescreen.

Warhammer said:
I couldve seen them, but I am trying not to spoili myself.
Too bad, I already know who comes at the end of next Saturday's episode.

Wont be any suspense there.

Yeah, but its still a very fun episode.

I personally consider Alive to be the best JLU episode of the season so it will be a treat.

Hated the episode with a passion, as i am a big Hawkman fan. It basically crapped all over the comics version and make Hawkman himself look like both a fascist and a loser. I despise Hawkgirl on the JLU series, and I lost a lot of respect for John Stewart on it as well. Even worse is that it may affect the comics to a degree, and Geoff Johns-who claims to love Hawkman-wrote it. It's probably the only episode of a show in the Timmverse that I've ever flat-out hated. But I did.

And the voice actor for Hawkman sucked. He was stiff as a board. They probably wanted it that way so as to make Hawkman seem even cornier and more of a loser.

Horrible episode.

Kurosawa said:
Hated the episode with a passion, as i am a big Hawkman fan. It basically crapped all over the comics version and make Hawkman himself look like both a fascist and a loser. I despise Hawkgirl on the JLU series, and I lost a lot of respect for John Stewart on it as well. Even worse is that it may affect the comics to a degree, and Geoff Johns-who claims to love Hawkman-wrote it. It's probably the only episode of a show in the Timmverse that I've ever flat-out hated. But I did.

And the voice actor for Hawkman sucked. He was stiff as a board. They probably wanted it that way so as to make Hawkman seem even cornier and more of a loser.

Horrible episode.

I'm horribly shocked that you hate something. You're usually so jovial & happy.

I thought James Remar was a good Hawkman.
His voice sounds cool.

Kurosawa said:

Horrible episode.
so are you saying that in the comics hawkman never stalked hawkgirl like she was the star of some lifetime movie?

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
so are you saying that in the comics hawkman never stalked hawkgirl like she was the star of some lifetime movie?

No, he never had to. They were soulmates.

Kurosawa said:
so what about the ish of JSA where Hawkman trys to crack sands head open when he sees him and Hawkgirl kissing? yeah some soulmate.

Pksoze said:
I'm horribly shocked that you hate something. You're usually so jovial & happy.

I'd rather think for myself than walk through life mindless accepting everything.

I've liked probably 95% of the DCAU stuff...the only two shows they've ever done that I really hated has been these two Hawkman shows, And it always irked me that Hawkgirl was on the Justice League series w/o Hawkman.

They should have used Black Canary instead if they felt they needed two female members.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
so what about the ish of JSA where Hawkman trys to crack sands head open when he sees him and Hawkgirl kissing? yeah some soulmate.

That scene was bs. That's where some of it started. There's 50+ years of Hawkman comics that contridict that.

Again, I'm not a fanboy who only worships comics from 1986-on. I actually know what I'm talking about.

Kurosawa said:
That scene was bs. That's where some of it started. There's 50+ years of Hawkman comics that contridict that.

Again, I'm not a fanboy who only worships comics from 1986-on. I actually know what I'm talking about.
so what you are really pissed about is that they didn't use the parts of his history that you liked?

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
so what you are really pissed about is that they didn't use the parts of his history that you liked?

They didn't use any parts of his comic history in that episode-they created their own version, and it crapped all over ther comics version. Even worse is that it made him look like a complete loser.

If you were a fan of the character, it'd probably piss you off too.

Kurosawa said:
They didn't use any parts of his comic history in that episode-they created their own version, and it crapped all over ther comics version. Even worse is that it made him look like a complete loser.

If you were a fan of the character, it'd probably piss you off too.
well i guess you please some of the people all of the time and all the people some of the time. but not all of the people all of the time.

I liked this episode.
A bit lacking, but good overall.
7.5/10.

Kurosawa said:

Except, you know, there was that streatch (that Johns wrote) where Hawkgirl no longer remembered her past lives, and Hawkman got kind of obsessive about it. And really, how did this episode make Hawkman look like a fascist?

I tuned in too late, the theme song was already playing, can someone fill me in on what I missed?

Decent Episode IMO. Seemed a little forced and silly, This love triangle.

I liked this epsidoe it was really good. i thought at the end that john would of choosen shayara/hawkgirl. but instead he chose vixen i was suprised:eek: . who was that villian in the begining of the epsidoe that gl was figthing?

he was all white like a ghost. & he talked, & acted like scrapington from super robot monkey team hyper force go!. oh & through out the whole epsidoe i was thinking to myself where is batman, cause he was in the last epsidoe with hawkman & shadow theif.

i figured batman would say something at the end but thus he didn't :( .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"