Homecoming Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra-Spidey

Civilian
Reaction score
Say what you will about The Amazing Spider-Man films but Andrew Garfield is easily the best thing to happen to the Spider-man film franchise, next to Sam Raimi!!!
I can honestly say that TASM films are obviously flawed, but with TASM2, it's the first time I actually felt I was watching Peter/Spiderman on film, being portrayed as I felt he always should have. I've already seen much of what's on these boards, I've seen the hate, and I know my chances of being flamed are likely, but so what...this is how strongly I feel about retaining Andrew Garfield.
I'm overjoyed as anyone here about seeing Spidey in the MCU, but at the expense of Garfiled and seeing yet another reboot, it's bittersweet.

And the idea of putting Spidey back in high school again is not flattering to me, as long as I've read Spider-man comics, he was just that.....a Spider-MAN! No more with the taking Spidey back through time, making him a teen again, and no more with the reboots.

And yes I've considered all the continuity issues that would present a problem with if they were to maintain TASM universe and blend it with the MCU, but with clever writing, and a good script it can be done! It seems as though people have completely forgotten that Cap used to be the Human Torch, it's not talked about and is an issue anymore.

Andrew Garfiled is a great actor who unfortunately got shafted by bad writing, but managed to pull off a great performance as Peter/Spidey. No disrespect to Tobey Magiure but I never felt he was "both" Peter and Spidey...Garfield pulls off both personas and it feels connected and believable. ANDREW GARFILED IS SPIDER-MAN!!!!!

With that said I like to post this link of this well edited and put together video, which I saw at another thread but can't remember exactly where I seen it. It's a great video, I feel just as admittedly, and it inspired me to make this post. I rarely post because I already know how the climate can be on these forums but I just had to voice my personal opinion in this case. For those that feel just the same about Garfield and Spidey, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/6w2PT7SL9Vg

In case you missed it this forum for the new Spider-Man, go to the other forum for the TASM and TASM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"