No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

I don't think Sony will want several solo spider-men movies going on around the same time. At this point i think there will be alot of different character movies with an open part for a spider-man character.

Last edited:
I think they may want Venom to have some crossover aspects with the MCU. That probably looks better than alienating him from the MCU.

Yeah, he definitely needs to come back. For me, I can’t pick which I like more between Garfield and Holland. They’re both so perfect in their own way, IMO.
While I do still think the ASM films were the “weakest” overall between the 3 versions, I still don’t think they were all that bad at all.
I used to say that I hated ASM2 but watching recently after so many years, I actually really enjoyed it. My issues with it remain largely the same, but overall it’s a fun film and he deserved a third film. It also has the best live action Spider-Man swinging scenes across the board.

it would seem...
his Peter Park never found their MJ, and never got over Gwen
but, we know from deleted scene from ASM2
that he almost did meet his MJ(played by Shailene Woodley)
if this was kept in the movie and was still cannon... how different do you think things would have been ?
for this Peter's new back story of what has happened to him since....would she have been able to show Peter how to love again and help him through what happen to Gwen..., would he have gotten a Happy ending, or would things still be "complicated" (like another certain Spider-man would put it) between them

hypothetically

Probably not hugely different. MJ being in TASM2 doesn't mean they were gonna get together.

would have been interesting if Tobey mentioned his Gwen in-front of him
"oh, I had a Gwen too, but I only took her out on one date and was just using her to make MJ jealous"
Andrew {goes ape-s*** on him}

Tobey hardly even knew his Gwen, and I think him mentioning her in that way would undercut the mood of the scene.

Last edited:
Sony always wanted Spider-Man to be multiple franchises, hence it's obsession with spin offs like Venom, Morbius, Black & Silver, etc. With Into The Spiderverse and No Way Home they've found a way to multiple franchises, all with a Spider-Man. Tobey in a Mayday Spider-Girl Movie and Andrew as the anchor of the venomverse makes complete sense. There's a demand for ASM3 and more Tobey. Makes more sense to me than trying to make franchises out of minor characters like Silver Sable and villains like Kraven.

He did

her name was Gwen Stacy
Maybe I’m pointing out the obvious, but yeah, Emma Stone’s Gwen really was his MJ because she had more in common with comics MJ than any version of Gwen from the comics. Which makes you wonder what they would’ve done with Woodley’s MJ. :funny:

Last edited:
Maybe I’m pointing out the obvious, but yeah, Emma Stone’s Gwen really was his MJ because she had more in common with comics MJ than any version of Gwen from the comics. Which makes you wonder what they would’ve done with Woodley’s MJ. :funny:

I'd argue they made her an amalgamation of comics MJ and Gwen. They essentially kept Gwen's smarts and overall smitteness with Peter, but gave her MJ's witty comebacks, playful nature and knowledge of Peter's alter ego. I think had they went forward with Shailene's MJ there was still room for MJ's sassiness as Emma's Gwen didn't have that.

Just binge watch The Amazing Spider-man and The Amazing Spider-man 2. I only saw the films once in the theatre back in 2012 and 2014.

They are actually not bad movies! This first is much better but the second is not THAT bad. The one thing that was amazing (pun intended) was Garfield. He was awesome in the role.

Hope we see more films with him.

Chances he gets the best actor Oscar?
Pretty good chance. It's a 3 man race right now. Cumberbatch and Garfield have all the usual pre-award film fest awards but it might be one of those years where they turn the award into a lifetime achievement award for Will Smith rather than actually earning the award. Andrew has all the hype in the world right now so we'll see. If he gets SAG then things will get interesting

if Holland ever meets his Gwen... do you think knowing that the other Peter said she was "his MJ", would encourage or discourage, him from pursuing anything with her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"