Sequels Andrew Garfield possibly out?

right on... I'll take an older and seasoned Peter/Spidey by Tobey than a teenaged one by Garfield...

That's a big question mark in mind in relation to GenPop. I like an older, more adult Spidey, but would the GA accept that? Tobey definitely doesn't look like a college kid at this point.

Raimi and Toby certainly wouldn't have the same appeal anymore if they came back because comic book movies have changed and we moved from his spider-man series a while ago, so you are more likely to get another recast then toby coming back

and thing is we already had a 2nd peter parker with andrew who probably half of people actually pefered so toby is no longer the only one we know of and can judge on, and raimi well... you can't really compare his spider-man series to the X-Men franchise since hugh jackman has kept the universe tied together for over 10 years even with recasts and if you compare it to superman returns then you have to look at how little nostalgia helped the box office there

you can't really pick up and drop franchises without fatigue setting in

Last edited:
Andrew is not a likeable Spider-Man. He plays intelligent teenager, but he comes off too hipster suave...and too indecisive. A more seasoned Spider-Man is certainly welcomed.

Casting call issued for The Amazing Spider-Man 3,
Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan returning

January 4, 2015 by Gary Collinson

Prior to the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony had slotted in release dates for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 in 2016 and The Amazing Spider-Man 4 in 2018. However, in the wake of the disappointing reception and box office returns for Marc Webb’s sequel, the decision was made to push the third movie back to 2018, with The Sinister Six filling the gap with a November 2016 date.

However, as we saw during the Sony hack, the studio’s plans for the Spider-Man franchise seem to be completely up in the air at present, with various discussions taking place concerning the possibility of bringing Spidey into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Captain America: Civil War, or taking the character in a new direction with yet another reboot.
Well, it seems that Sony may have decided how to take the series forward, as a casting call has emerged over at Bill Beckman Casting (via CBM), which suggest that Sony is pushing ahead with The Amazing Spider-Man 3, and that both Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker / Spider-Man) and Dane DeHaan (Harry Osborn / Green Goblin) will be returning for another adventure that will see Spidey “facing a new challenge to protect New York City.”

So, does this mean that the deal with Marvel Studios is completely dead? And where does it leave The Sinister Six? Or has Bill Beckman Casting just jumped the gun? I guess time will tell…

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/...-3-andrew-garfield-dane-dehaan-returning.html

if it's true, I'm extremely disappointed that Garfield and DeHaan are coming back... unless there's a turnaround with a new director at the helm, then Sony hasn't learned s**t from their mistakes with the last two Spidey movies...

While a new director at the helm could be a good thing, the feel of the movie will probably be different than the first two. The first three Spider-Man movies felt like a whole. The first two TASM movies felt completely different from one another.

Second, what's going to be the story? If they try to squeeze in the Sinister Six in one movie, it's going to be a disaster.

The casting call was from Nov 20 which was BEFORE the Sony hack. THUNDERSTRIKE, you should follow the discussion in the Amazing Spider-Man 3 section, where most of this stuff is being discussed. The majority of us are still holding out hope for a deal with Marvel.

The casting call was from Nov 20 which was BEFORE the Sony hack. THUNDERSTRIKE, you should follow the discussion in the Amazing Spider-Man 3 section, where most of this stuff is being discussed. The majority of us are still holding out hope for a deal with Marvel.

Good. I was worried there for a moment lol.

I'd love to see Tobey Maguire get the role back from a nostalgia point as well as to see the reaction from all the haters.

10428561_10203560131911802_4271196527031896028_n.jpg

The haters would get the last laugh when a 40 year old Spider-man becomes the joke of the industry and SM 3.5 flops.

The Amazing Spider-Man 3' Casting Update: Andrew Garfield To Reprise Role As Peter Parker—Report

By Tanya Diente
| January 6, 2015 11:32 AM EST

Previous speculations claim the actor has lost his deal with Marvel and that the studio is eyeing for an older actor for the role. However, if the recent report is confirmed then it seems like Andrew Garfield will still be reprising his role as Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3."

"The Amazing Spider-man 3" will reportedly continue with Andrew Garfield as the main star and Dane Dehaan will also reprise his role as the Green Goblin. Galactic News One writer Silent Jay credits this assumption to a casting call posted by Bill Beckman's agency. The call was looking for "extras, male/female, 18-65, all races/ethnicities" when the film shoots in Atlanta, Georgia.

However, Comic book movie has flagged down the casting call as "fraudulent." The agency is believed to be a scam and not at all legit. Looking at its Facebook page reveals a number of people who have been scammed after sending in money. FB user Frank Tweak Mizhquiri even posted a warning on the agency's wall telling everyone not to send in their money and if they have then to retrieve it at once since the agency is a scam. Additionally, Comic book movie pointed out the date "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" casting call was made. It was reportedly done on Nov. 20, which was days before the Sony Pictures hack happened. Plus, the agency's address in New York may be legit but the said location is said to be an abandoned building available for rent. Lastly, the site claimed Bill Beckman's agency is also "breaking the law" for asking people to pay money so they can audition for a role.

Bill Beckman Casting
15 Little West 12th Street
NYC 10014

Well, it would seem that Andrew Garfield's future with Marvel and with his role as Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" remains uncertain at this point. Speculations claim the actor's contract with the studio has been terminated because of his behaviour. According to a previous report from the International Business Times, Garfield may have annoyed higher Sony executives when he failed to give an hour's notice that he won't be able to join Sony CEO Kaz Hirai and other higher-ups for a corporate dinner back in July. His action was believed to be an "affront and slight by the company's Tokyo bosses."

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5780...an-3-casting-andrew-garfield.htm#.VKxil8nHnl1

This is the same listing that had the ID4 sequel as starring Will SMith and Tommy Lee Jones, yes?

The Amazing Spider-Man 3' Casting Update: Andrew Garfield To Reprise Role As Peter Parker—Report

By Tanya Diente
| January 6, 2015 11:32 AM EST

Previous speculations claim the actor has lost his deal with Marvel and that the studio is eyeing for an older actor for the role. However, if the recent report is confirmed then it seems like Andrew Garfield will still be reprising his role as Peter Parker a.k.a. Spider-Man in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3."

"The Amazing Spider-man 3" will reportedly continue with Andrew Garfield as the main star and Dane Dehaan will also reprise his role as the Green Goblin. Galactic News One writer Silent Jay credits this assumption to a casting call posted by Bill Beckman's agency. The call was looking for "extras, male/female, 18-65, all races/ethnicities" when the film shoots in Atlanta, Georgia.

However, Comic book movie has flagged down the casting call as "fraudulent." The agency is believed to be a scam and not at all legit. Looking at its Facebook page reveals a number of people who have been scammed after sending in money. FB user Frank Tweak Mizhquiri even posted a warning on the agency's wall telling everyone not to send in their money and if they have then to retrieve it at once since the agency is a scam. Additionally, Comic book movie pointed out the date "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" casting call was made. It was reportedly done on Nov. 20, which was days before the Sony Pictures hack happened. Plus, the agency's address in New York may be legit but the said location is said to be an abandoned building available for rent. Lastly, the site claimed Bill Beckman's agency is also "breaking the law" for asking people to pay money so they can audition for a role.

Bill Beckman Casting
15 Little West 12th Street
NYC 10014

Well, it would seem that Andrew Garfield's future with Marvel and with his role as Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" remains uncertain at this point. Speculations claim the actor's contract with the studio has been terminated because of his behaviour. According to a previous report from the International Business Times, Garfield may have annoyed higher Sony executives when he failed to give an hour's notice that he won't be able to join Sony CEO Kaz Hirai and other higher-ups for a corporate dinner back in July. His action was believed to be an "affront and slight by the company's Tokyo bosses."

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5780...an-3-casting-andrew-garfield.htm#.VKxil8nHnl1

It's been debunked as a scam for days. I even edited any mention of this out of a thread I started the day this hit.

The haters would get the last laugh when a 40 year old Spider-man becomes the joke of the industry and SM 3.5 flops.

I doubt that considering the GA has always preferred the original trilogy to the reboot.

Btw a 40 year old Spidey is no more ridiculos than a 30 year old actor playing a teen like TASM and TASM 2 lmao

People keep suggesting that they should get rid of Andrew Garfield and Peter Parker altogether and just bring in Miles Morales altogether. No, no, no, NO!

I doubt that considering the GA has always preferred the original trilogy to the reboot.

Btw a 40 year old Spidey is no more ridiculos than a 30 year old actor playing a teen like TASM and TASM 2 lmao

Yeah, seriously. Andrew doesn't look at all like a 17-18 year old, so I think Tobey can get away with playing a Spider-Man that's in his early 30s.

Maybe Tobey can play a high school Peter Parker again. :o

Maybe Tobey can play a high school Peter Parker again. :o
He can play Peter Parker when he was still a young boy. We get to see Mary Jane moving in next door (still played by Dunst), so Peter asks Aunt May, "Is that an angel?"

Agree Garfield is the supearer spider man and actor. People want a better villain, better script ect not tobey.
So you're saying Doc Ock switched his consciousness with Garfield and is now impersonating him in a better (superior) way than he ever could be? :) (Sorry I couldn't resist the reference).

I'm very happy Garfield is back. Problems with the current franchise aside, he's certainly not one of them. I wish they would bring Raimi back and have him take the current universe in a better directorial direction.

Last edited:
So you're saying Doc Ock switched his consciousness with Garfield and is not impersonating him in a better (superior) way than he ever could ? :) (Sorry I couldn't resist the reference).

I'm very happy Garfield is back. Problems with the current franchise aside, he's certainly not one of them. I wish they would bring Raimi back and have him take the current universe in a better directorial direction.
No one confirmed that Garfield is back. If you are basing that off of the casting call then just know that it was not real.

He can play Peter Parker when he was still a young boy. We get to see Mary Jane moving in next door (still played by Dunst), so Peter asks Aunt May, "Is that an angel?"

Aunt May will say "No dear, that's the snaggle tooth fairy." :halo:

Exactly.:up:

No one confirmed that Garfield is back. If you are basing that off of the casting call then just know that it was not real.

Well I hope he comes back! He's arguably a better Peter than Tobey (even though he did a great job in his own right).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"