The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Andrew garfiled for a oscars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep in mind, the only time someone has ever won an Oscars for a role in a superhero movie, was Heath Ledger (and it was after he died). Not to mention, people can deny this all they want, but there is a perception of comic book movies as occupying the spectrum of low art. Obviously, the Oscars don't give a crap about low art.

Let's keep in mind, the only time someone has ever won an Oscars for a role in a superhero movie, was Heath Ledger (and it was after he died). Not to mention, people can deny this all they want, but there is a perception of comic book movies as occupying the spectrum of low art. Obviously, the Oscars don't give a crap about low art.

Yes, the oscars are complete ******** anyway.

The **** the academy admit to every year is disgraceful. Oscars are worthless and everyone should realize this.

While that is what I was saying is that people don't really win Oscars for this kind of movies. A lot of times movies that win are movies I never see a preview for and don't even no about in till the award shows come up. I don't think he will but I do think he was that good. I think he is right there with RDJ has best acting in a movie by a superhero and really I don't think he is that far behind the joker form dark knight and yes I mean ever word I just said this is not a joke he is not playing spider man he is spider man:yay:

why Paul Giamborghini only do 5 minute limited role? He Sidewalk with Sandman Actor Thomas Sandman Church and they both do now Spiderman movie with ilmited role, scope and stupid motivation. Is Alexander Pain the director of these Americana film purposely shuttling his actor for hire to spider-man movie so they make short appear with great big responsible bucks? Kind of Dumb. Paul such limited scope and Russian accent in role, make no sense. He big actor - all time popular Lady in the Water - LEAD ROLE

What about Emma Stoned or Sally Filed in the best actress category?

While that is what I was saying is that people don't really win Oscars for this kind of movies. A lot of times movies that win are movies I never see a preview for and don't even no about in till the award shows come up. I don't think he will but I do think he was that good. I think he is right there with RDJ has best acting in a movie by a superhero and really I don't think he is that far behind the joker form dark knight and yes I mean ever word I just said this is not a joke he is not playing spider man he is spider man:yay:

Only on Superhero Hype lol

Jamie Foxx for Best Supporting Actor, am I right?

This is the perfect thread state that even in promotion for this film Emma Stone and Webb have said the same thing. They wanted the "7 year old in everyone to enjoy it."

Mission accomplished I guess.

No way. But one day, for another movie.

Amen. If it wasn't for the shady Oscar politics Garfield would win in a land slide. The way he'd slowly tilt his head in the Spiderman suit brought out so many emotions out of me.

When electro saids I will be like a god and he says a god named sparkles I just about died.

why Paul Giamborghini only do 5 minute limited role? He Sidewalk with Sandman Actor Thomas Sandman Church and they both do now Spiderman movie with ilmited role, scope and stupid motivation. Is Alexander Pain the director of these Americana film purposely shuttling his actor for hire to spider-man movie so they make short appear with great big responsible bucks? Kind of Dumb. Paul such limited scope and Russian accent in role, make no sense. He big actor - all time popular Lady in the Water - LEAD ROLE

This needs to be enshrined somewhere for posterity.

If Andrew Garfield gets nominated for his work, then Sally Field should also get an Oscar nomination.

Yes, the oscars are complete ******** anyway.

The **** the academy admit to every year is disgraceful. Oscars are worthless and everyone should realize this.
And yet everyone in the industry would fall over themselves to win won. Amazing how that works huh. :cwink:

I thought he did really well, one of the best for a CBM but I doubt he'll get a nod.

Will probably get a Peoples choice and kids choice award though

yeah I don't think he will but should be consider for it but hopefully he can get those other things you said.

Nope.

I think Kids choice awards will be between.

Garfield
Evans
Pratt

Garfield pulls out the win. If they had a best hair category Garfield gets the win.

I don't know if he has a long head or tall hair. But that hair is awesome.

Andrew might win an oscar one day but it won't happen for spider-man franchise

I can see both Andrew and Emma with Oscar winning performances in some other film later on in their careers.

No way he'll get one, I'd put any amount of money on him not getting one for TASM2. His reaction to the death scene in this movie and his performances in eariler films like the social network show that he has a fair amount of promise to muster an oscar worthy performance in the future.

Garfield was excellent in the film, make no mistake. Having noted that - as I love the film-no one in TASM2 or any other superhero film has tendered a performance worthy of the Best Actor Statue. Excluding Ledger. who was an anomaly.

Let it be said, Heath Ledgers performance was absolutely masterful, just a wonderful performance nobody will ever top

:hubbaWow this thread exists is enough to make me smile.

Anyway er if I was Garfield I wouldnt be clearing a space on the mantle piece just yet for the trophy.

I mean he did ok, his Spiderman is good, not a big fan of his Peter Parker but I think thats more the way the character is written than his performance per se.

To be honest its not going to happen but now you mention it I kind of want it to happen just for the reaction :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"