Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi'

This thread got very Brokeback Mountainish

:funny: Unfortunately, Jack and Ennis showed more restraint than what I'm reading here. Jack would be like, "Wow guys, tone it down."

Jack must not have seen Life of Pi, then. It'll change your life. Seriously, you'll be wanting to get on your knees and wet those lips for Ang the minute you're done watching it.

Jack must not have seen Life of Pi, then. It'll change your life. Seriously, you'll be wanting to get on your knees and wet those lips for Ang the minute you're done watching it.

Jack would not like Life of Pi, but would have seen Les Miz 10 times by now.

Oh, you.

tumblr_m7gyncOUg01rn9b7to2_400.gif

:funny:

its nice when the director and studio can use a tiger in a close up shot next to an actor and the tiger is not moving. its nice to find an old tiger that does all of that without eating half of the movie crew.

RtZb3pK.jpg

I'm listening to the Life of Pi score for the first time, and all I can say is :wow: :waa::bow:

Congrats to amazing director Ang Lee, the movie deserved all the awards it won.

Maybe some more (IMO.)

I can't foresee the visual effects industry surviving in the western world. It will all be in Asia soon. Even Ang Lee said yesterday that he wants to be able to make these films cheaper. How is supposed to do that? Outsourcing is the answer! Look at the quality of the Clone Wars TV show, that's on a shoe string budget, the talent is there! They (ILM Singapore) almost did a third of the work on the Avengers.

Congrats to amazing director Ang Lee, the movie deserved all the awards it won.

Maybe some more (IMO.)

Honestly it should have won Best Adapted Screenplay, its such a hard book to film.

But they nailed it

I can't foresee the visual effects industry surviving in the western world. It will all be in Asia soon. Even Ang Lee said yesterday that he wants to be able to make these films cheaper. How is supposed to do that? Outsourcing is the answer! Look at the quality of the Clone Wars TV show, that's on a shoe string budget, the talent is there! They (ILM Singapore) almost did a third of the work on the Avengers.

In the first few seasons of Clone Wars I thought ILM Singapore's work looked better than the other studio's work. I dont notice much of a difference now but there for a while Singapore was turning out superior work imo.

Amazing stuff in that video, I still remember being awestruck when I couldn't tell what was CG and what was live action. They blend it so well.

Saw the movie last night. The visuals were stunning. It really deserved all the Oscars it got. Suraj Sharma was fantastic especially for a newcomer.

The Life of Pi won for best cinematography which was ridiculous, what cinematography? Most of what we saw onscreen was done digitally. Everybody who has seen The Life of Pi knows that if it weren’t for the visual effects artists work there wouldn't even be a film.

When the director and cinematographer gave their Oscars acceptance speeches there was no mention or thank you to the visual effects studio or the effects artists that made it all possible! Director Ang Lee said last week that he wants visual effects work to be less expensive. How can he do that? Outsourcing of course, studios in other countries that have subsidies/tax incentives/ tax breaks that don't exist in the United States!

nFxohSJ.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1800.348167.578756799&type=1&relevant_count=1
The irony here is that it took a CG effects artist to remove the statue from Ang's face and hand. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"