Buffy Season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why they need to find a way to bring back Cordelia and Wesley. Which thinking about it now, I wonder what that means for Cordelia and the powers that be...

I'm okay with Cordy being dead. I just wish Fred could come back and Wesley could be a ghost again. Fred was totally the heart of that whole show. It doesn't work too well without her. Illyria's a very poor replacement, too.

Eh, Wes is one of my favorite characters but hope he stays dead. the whole buffyverse has already started to bringing to many people back from the dead that its almost becoming like comics where death has no meaning. I would love to have Illryia turn back into Fred and Wes return as they ride into the sunset, but that would take someting away from his death and just feel like back pedaling to me. A better way is if they free or are able to recreate Freds soul and her and Wes are together in the afterlife.

As for the rest of the Angel crew, Cordy can always return as a kinda liason to the powers that be and Gunn and Illyria are still out there. If Faith joins tha would be awesome and would love spike to be with Team Angel instead of Buffy since I feel he fits better.

Thats why Angel was always 2nd to Buffy, way to many important character deaths. Angel was the last original character who started the show by the time the show ended

yeah, I love when he is fighting Hamilton in the last episode and Hamilton starts listing all the people Angel has lost. It really gave more of a epic and grand feeling to Angels fight that you dont see in Buffy. He is always willing to figh the fight no matter how hard. Which is why him being Twlight never fit to me. Angel would never abandon earth or Conner that easily.

Yeah, I was fine with Angel turning out to be Twilight once I actually read that arc. That's the Circle of the Black Thorn fake-out all over again--totally within Angel's wheelhouse to secretly coax Buffy toward a certain endgame by casting himself as the villain. But his being super-gung-ho about abandoning the world and all the people he cares about (read: Connor) for some super-special reward felt like a huge step back for his character. That's Angel circa Angel season 1, not Angel after all the s*** he'd been through by the end of his show.

I hope they sort that kind of stuff out either in the final arc at IDW (which I doubt) or his solo book at DH (which seems more likely).

I probably mentioned this before, but I'd be cool with an Angel team composed of Angel, Kate, Connor, Faith, Gwen, Groo, and Lorne (if he survived After the Fall--can't remember). Spike can go back to Buffy's group and Illyria can just die and allow Fred's spirit to pass on and be happy with Wes in the afterlife.

I dont think it'd be right to use Lorne anymore. IDW did there little memorial book for him after Hallett passed away, and I think it should be left at that.

But the rest sounds good to me.

Either way, they have a lot of rebuilding to do for Season7 of Angel. Mostly with his supporting characters.

yeah season 8 got a little too crazy. glad that season 9 will be shorter and more like the tv show.

another issue with season 8 was joss bringing back just way too many characters (and even some from the dead). he probably could/should have reserved some of them. and the master at the end was kind of pointless.

i hope they get Jo Chen to come back for the covers of season 9!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...-their-angel-stories-into-an-omnibus-in-july/
Dark Horse to collect their Angel stories into an Omnibus in July
Posted on January 25, 2011 - 09:30 AM by JK Parkin

With Joss Whedon’s Angel returning to Dark Horse Comics later this year, the publisher plans to collect previous Angel comics into an Omnibus in July.

Dark Horse previously published Angel, first as a monthly then as a miniseries, from 2000 to 2002. The Angel Omnibus will include Angel #1–#14 and #17, Angel: Long Night’s Journey #1–#4, Dark Horse Presents #153–#155: “Hunting Ground,” Dark Horse Extra #25–#28: “Angel,” and Angel: Point of Order. Issues #15-16 of the ongoing Angel series were a crossover with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and were previously collected in Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Past Lives.

IDW Publishing acquired the rights to the property in 2005, and since has released numerous miniseries and an ongoing series. Dark Horse will publish new Angel comics again later this year, when the “ninth season” of Buffy the Vampire Slayer kicks off.

Check out the solicitation text after the jump.

ANGEL OMNIBUS
Joss Whedon (W), Christopher Golden (W), Brett Matthews (W), Tom Sniegoski (W), Eric Powell (P), Mel Rubi (P), Christian Zanier (P), Paul Lee (P), Brian Horton (P), Andy Owens (I), and others
On sale July 20
FC, 480 pages
$24.99
TPB, 6″ x 9″

Heralding the return of Angel to Dark Horse Comics!

Collecting all of Dark Horse’s Angel comics to date, this single volume features stories by series creator Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews (Serenity: Those Left Behind), and Christopher Golden (Baltimore). Set during seasons one and two of the Angel television series, favorite characters appear—Cordelia, Doyle, Wes, Gunn—as the investigations of LA’s vampire detective agency delve into all that is dark, grotesque, strange, and unexplainable. Angel faces demonic rats, bizarre deaths from spontaneous combustion, Hollywood demons encountered courtesy of Cordelia, angry spirits, zombies, and more!

Before you take a look at the upcoming Angel comic series and the aftermath of Buffy Season 8, take a step back and remember Angel’s LA saga!

• Featuring Joss Whedon, series creator of Angel!
• Chronicles the earliest adventures in the Angel saga!
• A collection of the first published Angel comics! Angel #1–#14, #17, Angel: Long Night’s Journey #1–#4, Dark Horse Presents #153–#155: “Hunting Ground,” Dark Horse Extra #25–#28: “Angel,” and Angel: Point of Order.
Angel™ & © 2011 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.
I can't say I'm all that interested in getting this, just because the stories aren't canon, but it's still very cool to see the first piece of Angel's official return to Dark Horse.

Actually, since I bring it up, are any of the original Dark Horse Angel comics any good?

If so, I might consider picking this up.

I just finished up season 8 today. Like most here, I enjoyed it, but I thought it went too over the top at times. I also didn't care for the way Angel was throughout it. I read the first 2 volumes of Angel: After the Fall. I'm wondering where that Angel series stops being in canon. Is it after vol. 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"