Not Jake

Superhero
Reaction score
Preview pages:

buffy1.gif

buffy2-3.gif

buffy4.gif

buffy5.gif

TV Guide interview with Joss about the comic.

I know there was a thread a while ago, but I'm not gonna bump it. Let's face it, if there's a Buffy thread, it should be mine.:o

The first issue is set for March 2007. Read the above interview, it's a great read, and the best part about it is that Joss confirms plans to use Angel & Spike in this book (people were worried because Dark Horse doesn't have the rights to Angel characters). Awesome:up:

i loved buffy- have every ep- and look forward to seeing what happened next

Buffy and angel 4eva ...lol

That preview gets me excited, but it also doesn't jive with me that much. This looks like Buffy, agent of the Slayer Initiative. The big gun only adds to the whole sci-fi element, whereas Buffy was always a fantasy character.

As for the jab to the whole Immortal business. Funny, but meh. It's a pretty stupid retcon.

To be fair, there's a 500-slayer group with Buffy now. That's an army, and it probably occurred to them to arm themselves as such. I'm sure there'll be plenty of the nitty-gritty, what with the kicking and the flipping and the Mr. Pointy

I'm happy about the Immortal thing being a "Buffy decoy." I never really liked that idea in the Angel series anyway.

I am looking forward to this big time.

I'm getting Angel season 5 for Christmas so don't ruin this stuff for me:cmad:

also, a post from Joss on whedonesque.com

Joss said:
Nice article. It was written before I had a chance to talk to Petrie. He's in.

There's other peeps I'd love to have, but a lot of them are busy and I've got to make sure I've got the peeps already named orgabanized. It's very confusing, running a show entirely from one's computer.

More revelations to come...

But seriously, I saw BKV a mile away, what with the Runaways and the online handjobs. But Meltzer? Awesome. I guess I should have known that they were buds, Whedon wrote the introdution to the Identity Crisis trade...

I'm not feeling the preview, but i'll check it out.

Shut up, this is a comic series written by Whedon, Vaughan, Meltzer, and Loeb. You're not "checking it out," you're "buying it all." And if you don't, I'll ruin you. Who do you think runs this place, hotshot:cmad:

Oh I know, I'm about to win poster of the Year thanks to your endorsement.

Wow, I never thought I'd be this disinterested in a comic written by Whedon, Vaughan, Meltzer, and Loeb.

Harlekin said:
As for the jab to the whole Immortal business. Funny, but meh. It's a pretty stupid retcon.

That's funny and it makes sense, we never saw her face then, just her hair....It's even funnier cause Andrew Knew......well i is kinda Meh.....but I hink it's less Meh than you do.

I really wish this was more than a preview......I really really want more right now.

Not Jake said:
AWESOME.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/002837101.cfm

Buffy writers, aside from Joss and Loeb: BKV, Meltzer, and Buffy tv alums Jane Espensen, Drew Goddard, Drew Greenberg and Steven DeKnight
I was glad when I read that. Espensen, Goddard, Greenberg and DeKnight wrote some of the series most kickass episodes: Earshot, Conversations with Dead People, The Killer in Me, Dirty Girls, Spiral. Thats one of the problems with the Angel comic, it doesnt have writers from the series. Plus, we get Brad Meltzer, Jeph Loeb and Brian K. Vaughn. Awesomeness!!!

Girl Power just became stronger.

Adios Spice Girls.

I kind of like the Immortal retcon, mostly because I really hated that episode.

I've grown to like it as time went on, but it's just made that episode feel really useless, even though I liked it, if only for the Spike/Angel dynamic.

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
I was glad when I read that. Espensen, Goddard, Greenberg and DeKnight wrote some of the series most kickass episodes: Earshot, Conversations with Dead People, The Killer in Me, Dirty Girls, Spiral. Thats one of the problems with the Angel comic, it doesnt have writers from the series. Plus, we get Brad Meltzer, Jeph Loeb and Brian K. Vaughn. Awesomeness!!!
It's sorta ashame Metzler, Loeb, and BKV aren't spending their time on a more worthwhile comic property. I guess it doesn't matter so much with Loeb as he's doing a thousand titles anyway, but if BKV dropped Runaways just to write another season of Buffy that isn't really needed...I'd be pissed.

Harlekin said:
I've grown to like it as time went on, but it's just made that episode feel really useless, even though I liked it, if only for the Spike/Angel dynamic.

It was a funny episode, but a lot of stuff - mostly the Angelus/Spike stuff in flashbacks - felt kind of out of character. And like I said, it was funny, but a lot of it felt a bit too tongue-in-cheek.

IMO, it was kind of amusing, but maybe not the kind of episode they should have done right before the end of the series. I do get that it's important for the fact that Angel and Spike deal with each other and supposedly "get over" Buffy. However, they can still do that even if it wasn't really Buffy, so long as Angel and Spike don't know that...

Issue 2 cover and plot:

buffy2.jpg

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #2

Written by Joss Whedon, penciled by Georges Jeanty, inked by Andy Owens, colored by Dave Stewart, cover by Jo Chen.

The destruction of Buffy's hometown, plus covert and powerful slayer "cells" around the world, add up to a new label for the Scoobies: Terrorist threat. Speaking of Sunnydale, the crater formerly known as, has opened to reveal the witch Amy, and boy is she pissed. Now: Giles, smoochies, a knife to the heart, and a big sleep. Season Eight continues.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on April 4.

I love how the title has been incorporated into the art.

Issue 1 cover:

buffycomicsseason8covermqlx7.jpg

Can't wait to pick these up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"