Buffy Season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder who they'll be getting for art for the other Buffyverse stuff now. I think I read that Jeanty is still doing interiors and, hopefully, Jo Chen continues to do covers for Buffy. What I'd like to see, from someone who's worked with Whedon before, is John Cassaday on Angel's covers.

Just about anyone Dark Horse can find would be better than most of the artists on IDW's Angel series. I think David Messina is the only one of IDW's artists I found tolerable, and even he has that sadly bland and empty feel to his art that I notice in a lot of lower-tier artists adapting live-action stuff. You know, missing or really basic backgrounds, dodgy likenesses that were clearly earnest attempts to get faces right but just sadly fell short, the few good likenesses being totally devoid of emotion because that would make the likeness harder to capture, etc.

Oh, Nick Runge would be okay to come back as a cover artist, too. He's another one. Great with lavishly detailed splash pages, terrible if he actually has to tell a story because he can't keep that level of detail up over several pages.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Willow and Spike getting ongoings too? Meaning they'll essentially be FOUR Buffyverse books at Dark Horse?

I hope Angel gets better creators than Spike. Their rivalry is very meta for me. :o

I would hope that Dark Horse's choice of artists matches their great choices of writers for Buffy, as opposed to IDW's thing of "Oh, hey, you're under contract with us, right? Wanna write/draw Angel? Thanks."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Willow and Spike getting ongoings too? Meaning they'll essentially be FOUR Buffyverse books at Dark Horse?

Both Willow and Spike are miniseries. Jeanty said Buffy and Angel are the only ongoings right now.

Also, here's hoping all the stupid little characters IDW has added to Angel and Spike's groups disappear once they move to Dark Horse.

i am hoping after the Spike mini he joins the angel one, so many places tha "sibling rival can go.

i am hoping after the Spike mini he joins the angel one, so many places tha "sibling rival can go.

Meh, I feel like the Spike/Angel tale has effectively reached its creative climax. They covered a lot of ground in the final season of Angel, and even had the two characters reach a relatively safe middle ground (they still didn't like each other, but they both accepted the other as an ally they could work with).

I've always been a Spike fan, but even I struggle to see where he fits in with most of the other existing Buffy-verse characters now. Things have gone off in such an odd direction since the shows ended... An ongoing where he can go off and find his own way is a much better place for the character.

He's not an IDW character, though. And really, they should've totally brought him back in the show as well. Groo's cool and he gives Angel's team a much-needed power boost. Angel, Groo, Connor, Spike, and Illyria (although I'd gladly take Fred back instead--Illyria's been entirely uninteresting to me) = badass.

As far as I'm concerned, those are the characters they should use. I've got no interest in the rest of these jabronies. The new ongoing should make as little mention of the IDW stuff as possible.

My dream team for a new Angel series would be Angel (duh), Spike, Kate (taking over Cordy's second-in-command/confidante position from earlier seasons), Groo, Connor, de-Illyria'd Fred, Betta George, and Gwen (penitent as all hell for betraying everyone). Maybe ghost-Wesley, free from the Senior Partners but totally intangible and only able to talk to the rest of the crew. I could see him having Spike turn the pages of books for him to do research or something. :D

Oh, and a writer who understands their voices.

I'll agree with all of those except Spike. I doubt he'll want anything to do with Angel after this whole Twilight fiasco.

Oh? I still haven't gotten the trades of what I missed. Anyway, it'd probably be better if Spike defected back to Buffy's crew. He fit a bit better there, I think.

As much asI love Wes, Ikinda feel his story is dead and I like the idea of even if its not possible, that hereandFred are together somewhere That was one of thenice touches at the end of After The Fall.

As for Spike and Angel I can onlysee the events of Twlight adding more to there relationship.

Oh, and a writer who understands their voices.

Definitely. Like Buffy before it, preferably a rotating group of writers that either wrote for the show or are real hardcore fans (like BKV), not just people that are on contract with the publisher.

I'd be okay with Fred and Wes going away only if an early arc of the new comic deals with ghost-Wes and the Angel Investigations crew finally getting rid of Illyria and freeing Fred to pass into Heaven or whatever next realm there is with Wes.

But that would make them a happy couple and we know Whedon's not particularly fond of those. :csad:

i doubt it, did start to loe Illyria near the end and think there is alot more story for her, I am sad to say that cause I do want a afterlife where Fed and Wes are together. Hwever I am a athiest so them no meeting agan in the afterlife is kinda what I think would happn.

Thats what mde Wes death so sad cause you knew it was a lie they woul be together. I thought I read somewhere that Joss wanted to bring Fred back somhow later on, HoverI also know he said his fav character was Illyri, so I dont expect her gone anytime soon if he gets invoved writing the Angel comic.

I'm an agnostic, but it's been pretty definitively proven that there is some form of afterlife that generally conforms to Judeo-Christian definitions of Heaven and Hell in the Buffyverse. We know because Buffy died and went to the former, and Angel and Spike died and went to the latter.

It's kind of sad that Illyria is Whedon's favorite character among Angel's group. Maybe he had some genuinely interesting plans for her, but so far the flunkies he's handed Angel off to haven't done anything but make her indecisive and irritating. :o

It's kind of sad that Illyria is Whedon's favorite character among Angel's group. Maybe he had some genuinely interesting plans for her, but so far the flunkies he's handed Angel off to haven't done anything but make her indecisive and irritating. :o

Hopefully the writer(s) of the Dark Horse Angel can remedy that. If that was something Whedon said when the series was still in production, then I can understand where he's coming from. I loved TV Illyria.

I tolerated her better than IDW's Illyria, but I would've still preferred Fred back. Then Wes died, and the main interesting part of TV Illyria for me was the fact that she was a walking, talking wound in Wesley's heart, so it was all downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"