Eternals Angelina Jolie is Thena

No way is she playing Sersi. I’m sure the writer at THR just glanced at who the main characters in the Eternals comics are, and came back with Sersi - who, obviously, resembles Jolie. I’m almost ninety percent positive she’s not playing Sersi. I’m willing to be proven wrong, but I just highly doubt she’d sign up for a seven film contract or anything.

I don't know; that'd be highly unusual behavior for THR (not to mention Borys Kit, who's one of their most respected and reliable journalists). Trades, in general, are held to a higher standard than your average, run-of-the-mill scoop sites, mind you. They have greater access to news sources and are generally prohibited from running with a story unless it's been properly vetted.

I hear what you're saying, though. Signing up for a recurring role like Sersi would be quite the commitment on Jolie's part. So, it'll be interesting to see if other notable trades come back with the same info in the coming days.

Maybe they'll get Jon Voight onboard as well. He could play Hercules. :o

I'm very excited about this ! Even though I don't see Angelina Jolie signing up for a 4-movies contract, THR is pretty reliable.

But Angelina Jolie as Sersi is perfect for me, not that excited for Kumail Nanjiani tho, maybe he'll play Hercules ?

Yeah I knew she would be Sersei. You don't cast someone like Jolie and not give them the lead role. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Yeah - I'm pretty convinced she's Sersi now. I just hope it's not kept a secret throughout the entire production

I’m still not buying it. I’ll be interested to see who she is playing, though.

well.. considering she needs some money(due to divorce) and very active in film role right now, her multiple film contract won't surprise me.
especially when it's team movie with multiple lead, sersi is not really that main, and looks like she won't need to put some body work into it too. also stuntman and cgi driven.. so easy and big money.

No way is she playing Sersi. I’m sure the writer at THR just glanced at who the main characters in the Eternals comics are, and came back with Sersi - who, obviously, resembles Jolie. I’m almost ninety percent positive she’s not playing Sersi. I’m willing to be proven wrong, but I just highly doubt she’d sign up for a seven film contract or anything.

Eh, Jolie doesn't really work that often anymore. She needs money like anyone else and her star began to fade. What better way to gain money and give her status new boost with this? Especially that she has kids so I'm sure she wants to do something they can watch

That’s not true at all, you would have to leave the planet to find someone who didn’t know her name. And she’s definitely not struggling financially

That’s not true at all, you would have to leave the planet to find someone who didn’t know her name. And she’s definitely not struggling financially

Being famous isn't the same thing as being 'on the map'. Everyone knows some actors and they are struggling. She isn't sure, but she is not where she was 20 years ago

Anyway, Angelina as Sersi wasn’t my first thought but I kind of love the idea now of her being the Lucille Bluth of the MCU

I would say she's Sersea if its one film kind of thing, but Eternals would likely get a trilogy if it does well, and would eternally get numerous appearances in the other films.

I just don't know if Angelina would be open to returning again and again to the MCU like Scarlett Johansson.

I'm late to that, but if She's Sersi, that's pretty good casting. Sersi is the most important Eternal anyway; the one with a considerable history with Avengers during one of the best runs/line ups I've read.

I'll be very disappointed if she's Sersei. Admittedly, I'm biased, I've never been a big fan. But I just don't see her as the character. And there's other characters in this movie she would be much better suited for.

I would be very pleased if Jolie get the part of Sersei. If think her looks just screams Sersei. It would be great to see a female actress to lead a superhero movie who doesn't is in her twenties.

From arrested development, hilarious show
I'm aware... I just don't see the connection to Jolie, Sersi or the Eternals. It's just so... random.

Last edited:
Jon Voight should only play Hercules if he acts like his character in Anaconda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"