• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

animated batman idea...

anrrd_2

YA POOZERS!
Reaction score
i recently had an idea for an animated batman mini series that i think alot of older fans would enjoy....

given this new fad of making pg-13 animated movies based on comic heroes, i thought it would be amazing if D.C. was to bring back the old Batman: the animated series as an 8 part mini series (hour long episodes, maybe more than just 8) that would cover what had happened to bruce and everyone else since the time of the shows cancelling. for example, it would portray barbara getting shot and becoming oracle, the introduction of cassandra cain and stephanie brown (and eventually her death). i also had the idea to bring in red hood as a villian and then have a flashback episode showing that there WAS a jason todd/robin in this batman storyline...but bruce never spike of it because it was too painfull. it would be the same animation, the same voices, everyhting, but as a pg-13 series...so it would bring back the attention of all those who loved the series but have "matured" passed it, but would not be so adult oriented that it would not appeal to younger (not too young:cwink:) audiences.

Im down for anything involving Bruce Timm, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamil, and the Batman franchise

anything involving Batman, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamil, and Bruce Timm almost always ends up golden.

I'd even like to see Bruce Timm take a shot at The Dark Knight. But only if u get Mark Hamil as Joker and Kevin Conroy as BATMAN. Cuz Kevin Conroy is BATMAN. That's why i'm all excited for the new Batman dvd.

seriously folks, you guys need to leave that fad behind.

They've completely milked that whole animated universe to it's total core and you guys still are begging for more...

let it go...

no more batman animations, especially set in the dcau. I'd only permit one ore justice league outing for the near apocalypse of 09 but no 'batman' ones

They've completely milked that whole animated universe to it's total core and you guys still are begging for more...

let it go...

no more batman animations, especially set in the dcau. I'd only permit one ore justice league outing for the near apocalypse of 09 but no 'batman' ones

****, the DCAU was amazing, we like it. Get over it.

Anyway, I would love seeing The Killing Joke in the BTAS style.

let it go...

You're kidding, right?

A single fictional universe comprised of AT LEAST six separate series (B:TAS/AB&R/TNBA, S:TAS, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, ZETA, and JL/JLU) with significant impact on the comics that spawned them in the first place (villains created specifically for the shows showing up in the comics, Freeze's origin, bringing back Batgirl in some variation, the influence of Timm's art style on many DC artists today [Ed McGuiness, for one], the 'Beyond' Batman showing up in an alternate reality in the comics, Robin's new suit, etc.) - not to mention its influence on the animated variations that have been done since that universe closed up shop (Kevin Conroy guest-starring on The Batman, the decision to bring the Justice League back into animation so soon after killing JLU, Corey Burton guesting as the original Brainiac on LOSH, etc.) - is hardly something I would call a "fad".

Fads die quick deaths and are forgotten. The DCAU will live on, in some form, for some time.

That being said, it would be nice to see some DTV attempts to clear up some of the gaps left in the time period between the end of TNBA and Batman Beyond. Heck, I'd REALLY like to know what happened to Nightwing.

anything involving Batman, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamil, and Bruce Timm almost always ends up golden.

I'd even like to see Bruce Timm take a shot at The Dark Knight. But only if u get Mark Hamil as Joker and Kevin Conroy as BATMAN. Cuz Kevin Conroy is BATMAN. That's why i'm all excited for the new Batman dvd.
me too

BUT i dont think theres such thing as oracle, red hood, cassandra and others in the Timm verse

****, the DCAU was amazing, we like it. Get over it.

Anyway, I would love seeing The Killing Joke in the BTAS style.

yeah it was great and it was starting to go slightly bad near the last season of jlu which was pretty much an entire season of filler where nothing significant happened.

even tnba wasn't as good as the original tas and had made the crappy mystery of catwoman film which was aweful.

I have no problem with it but the fact is we got

three seasons of batman
one season of the new adventures of batman
three seasons of superman
three seasons of batman beyond
two seasons of justice league
three seasons of justice league unlimited
two/three seasons of static shock
one season of that cyborg show
about five movies

no other animated universe in any medium has had such a rich history of eps based around it before, it's really extreme and they milked it good but it's time to move on.

let's start on some new ground and look towards another direction. It's a shame because i kinda liked where the batman was going in season four with it and its version of the justice league but they went kiddy again in season five. oh well...

You're kidding, right?

A single fictional universe comprised of AT LEAST six separate series (B:TAS/AB&R/TNBA, S:TAS, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, ZETA, and JL/JLU) with significant impact on the comics that spawned them in the first place (villains created specifically for the shows showing up in the comics, Freeze's origin, bringing back Batgirl in some variation, the influence of Timm's art style on many DC artists today [Ed McGuiness, for one], the 'Beyond' Batman showing up in an alternate reality in the comics, Robin's new suit, etc.) - not to mention its influence on the animated variations that have been done since that universe closed up shop (Kevin Conroy guest-starring on The Batman, the decision to bring the Justice League back into animation so soon after killing JLU, Corey Burton guesting as the original Brainiac on LOSH, etc.) - is hardly something I would call a "fad".

Fads die quick deaths and are forgotten. The DCAU will live on, in some form, for some time.

That being said, it would be nice to see some DTV attempts to clear up some of the gaps left in the time period between the end of TNBA and Batman Beyond. Heck, I'd REALLY like to know what happened to Nightwing.
That's all good and dandy but this is unprecedented with animation and we should be really grateful that they've managed to give us as much as we did.

the fact of the matter is that it is over and has been over for a good few years.

people should stop looking back to it and start looking towards seeing new ideas should be implemented.

I like the series just as much as the next guy but as fans, a lot of people hold it too close to their hearts and won't allow new material to come in and replace it.

i see it being similar to people's reaction to x-men evolution that came in after the 90s show. They wouldn't embrace it even though the show had some of the best characterisation of major characters such as cyclops and rogue that's nearly ever been shown, even in the comics.

boxsets are there for people to relive memories but we can't hold on to the past, we need to move forwards because believe it or not, there was room for improvement in the dcau and I'd like to see a cartoon that truelly captures the heart of DC and believe it will happen perhaps sometime in the next 40/50 years but that will only happen if people leave the 'fad' of this dcau and allow progress to be made

it would also help if the networks would realise that their main demographic isn't solely children and that they can handle more grown up stories.

DOnt fix what aint broken

The Timmverse allowed itself to be progressive and could have been better without The Batman taking up a bunch of the good baddies. And the Teen Titans could have totally been introduced in the Timmerse but they had to do some stupid Ameri-anime show.

And yes X-Men Evolution was great and I dont think it was dismissed as u let on. But The Batman, Teen Titans, and JLU were all hindered by the fact that they were made together in seperate universes and creating stupid embargoes when they could have easily all been done in the respect (at least Teen Titans)

And the Timmerse was the only one who recognized the demographic problem u speak of. For awhile the stories had been growing in maturity and consisted of a lot of continuity spanning multiple seasons (even series, I believe they referenced The New Adentures of Batman/Superman a few times)

yeah, dcau was good, really good and went to ground that hadn't been touched before but people should allow for new developments to be built on top of it instead of perhaps wishing for it to return.

It's called progress....

Why cant progress be done in that universe rather than having 18 different Batman cartoons?

That doesnt sound like progress it sounds like the exact opposite.

i dont think it can be denied that i timm verse casie cain would be super bad ass...cassie is the balls!

Timmverse Oracle would work great as well.

except for Timm's said that there is no such thing as Oracle or Spoiler or Cassy (as much as i love the former and latter)

tada! the first BTAS cassie!
l_a767b35fa9880cd0093184e8d25c0a83.jpg

no one thinks my artwork is impressive? :(

its cool, i wish we could have seen her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"