Anna Borden and Ryan Fleck are the Directors

I quite like this movie I'm good with them coming back to see what they can do without the constraints of an origin story.

If they DO ending up pulling a "Phase 1 director" move and bow out, I vote Jennifer Kent or Lisa Joy for the sequel.

I'm also on the side of wanting new directors. Although enjoyable, the movie's not on par with the rest of the phase 3 movies.

If they DO ending up pulling a "Phase 1 director" move and bow out, I vote Jennifer Kent or Lisa Joy for the sequel.
A single female director along the caliber of those you mention would be GREAT for the sequel.

Reminiscence will be Lisa’s ultimate test but yes she’s someone to look out for. Her directorial work in WW was darn great.

I quite liked Captain Marvel and how they approached the characters and story. But if they return they will have to consider leaving the action scenes to an experienced second unit director. Their set-pieces (especially the ones that took place on spaceships) had a lot of problems with lighting, editing, and CGI/compositing.

I quite liked Captain Marvel and how they approached the characters and story. But if they return they will have to consider leaving the action scenes to an experienced second unit director. Their set-pieces (especially the ones that took place on spaceships) had a lot of problems with lighting, editing, and CGI/compositing.
The thing is the second unit director for CM, Jeff Habberstad, had worked in the same capacity on both Ant-Man movies, Doctor Strange, and IM3 and been a stunt coordinator on a few MCU and X-Men films along with doing American Sniper and Alias. The cinematographer, Ben Davis, had previously done Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Kinda felt they were both pretty weak here, wouldn't mind a switch-up for a sequel. Shame too, because they're talented people. Just kinda seemed like they didn't have much of a handle on the genre stuff beyond like "serviceable but been-there-done-that-a-million-times-before".

And that third act is just such a slog to get through, when all the action starts up. Like in a substance sense, I just felt nothing. Whizz-bang lightshow and not much else.

The thing is the second unit director for CM, Jeff Habberstad, had worked in the same capacity on both Ant-Man movies, Doctor Strange, and IM3 and been a stunt coordinator on a few MCU and X-Men films along with doing American Sniper and Alias. The cinematographer, Ben Davis, had previously done Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I don't doubt they had some experienced crew. But it's obvious that they decided to handle the action scenes themselves, I doubt the people you mentioned would have made all these rookie mistakes.

I don't doubt they had some experienced crew. But it's obvious that they decided to handle the action scenes themselves, I doubt the people you mentioned would have made all these rookie mistakes.
Look up quotes from the director that turned down Black Widow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"