Infinity War Team line-up after "Infinity War"

meanmc

Civilian
Reaction score
What is your Avengers line-up after "Infinity War"?
What is likely, what would be your personal pick?

I know, that 2019 is still a long way to go - and we will maybe see the next Avengers movie not before 2021/22, but the possible team-members are all known (i think).

We started with Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, Hawkeye and Hulk.

Now we have Captain America, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Black Widow.

Always six members, changing roster already after the second movie.
I would suggest, that they will continue with the same number of heroes.

What are the possible members...

The old crew:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
War Machine

The new faces:

Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man
Wasp
Winter Soldier
*Quicksilver
*Spiderman

I think, that is the pool. Do not think, that we will see "Inhumans" or "Guardians of the Galaxy" as Avengers. Would not make sence.

To pick just 6 names is very difficult, but it seems almost obvious, that the team will be build around the new faces.
The sixth member will be, who ever will be Captain America...

So my new team will be:

Captain America (Rogers, Falcon, Winter Soldier)
Black Panther
Doctor Stange
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man
Wasp

My personal choice would be different, but also very tough to choose...

Captain America (Rogers)
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Iron Man
Thor
Black Panther

My Pick:

Captain Marvel(Team Leader)
BP(Replaces Tony Stark as rich, genious, tech guy)
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Wasp
Doctor Strange(Team's Magician)

Most likely Team:

Captain Marvel(Team Leader)
Black Panther(Rich, genious Tech guy. Replace the Quinjet with The Panther Jet!)
Spider-Man(Team's Comedian)
Ant-Man(Backup Comedian)
Wasp
Doctor Strange(Team's Magician)

I seriously doubt that Bucky or Falcon will become Captain America. Bucky is boring without Steve and I like Falcon just the way he is

I'm pretty sure Vision and Scarlet Witch will still be around. Personally, I doubt Dr. Strange will be added to the Avengers.

Vision might die, because Thanos wasnt the mind stone. I think Strange could possibly be part of the team because he has his own movie, but I've seen him more as a solo character than anything else. He kind of sticks out when he's with a team. He's just so strange.

You do realize if Vision does once they defeat Thanos they'll either bring him back by putting the stone back in his head or rebuilding him so he has no need for having the most dangerous object in the cosmos impanted innhis forhead.in his head. Either way this is Marvel and he's a robot so I doubt they'll let him stay dead.

My guess is it'll shakeup something like:

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Wasp
Captain Marvel
Vision
Thor
Scarlet Witch
Falcon

11 characters is a bit much to focus on for phase 3 and beyond. I think Falcon and Black Widow would show up in cameos, but the focus would be centered on the new phase 3 heroes and a couple others. I think it's entirely possible for Marvel to retire the old heroes and still make lots of money.

Marvel could bring Vision back to life, but there are only so many heroes that can fit in a movie.

I think it's entirely possible for Marvel to retire the old heroes and still make lots of money.

Marvel is not going to retire the Phase 1 heroes as long as they're still making money.

Marvel is not going to retire the Phase 1 heroes as long as they're still making money.

That's not what Marvel said. Marvel said that the Avengers roster in the MCU was to reflect the comics' revolving door Avengers team. The team always changes. New member, sometimes, an entirely new team is replaced.

Marvel considered making IM4, but what happened? RDJ is too expensive. Combine that with diminished returns, Marvel would be better casting new actors for cheap, playing newer characters.

Marvel VP, Jeremy Latcham had this to say about the Avengers:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/avengers-disassembled-marvel-confirms-inevitable-1268912126271542.html

"'The Avengers' roster is always changing, and that's part of the fun of the comics. It's one of the promises that we want to play with in this film, that there are always going to be new characters [joining] the team and old characters leaving the team. There's a continually changing roster. That's something we definitely play with in this film, and you might get to see cameos of War Machine or other people. I mean, we want to make this world as lively as possible, and we've set people up in the universe. They exist. We want to deal with that where we can."

Last edited:
Bucky as Captain America
Black Panther
Scarlet Witch
Captain Marvel
Ant Man
Wasp

That's not what Marvel said. Marvel said that the Avengers roster in the MCU was to reflect the comics' revolving door Avengers team. The team always changes. New member, sometimes, an entirely new team is replaced.

They did that in the MCU too and shockingly, the other members were still kept around in some capacity.

Combine that with diminished returns,

Iron Man 3 is the single highest grossing solo in the entire MCU. Each solo from the founding Avengers has grossed more than the last.

They did that in the MCU too and shockingly, the other members were still kept around in some capacity.

A team made of sidekicks(War Machine and Falcon) and only one character with his own movies. This team's only purpose was to add more characters to set up for Civil War, not supplant the original team.

Iron Man 3 is the single highest grossing solo in the entire MCU. Each solo from the founding Avengers has grossed more than the last.

Yes, it grossed over a billion dollars. And what happens after a successful movie makes that much money? They make a sequel. Interestingly enough, Marvel hasn't announced an Iron Man 4 for phase 3. In fact, more people were asking about a Captain Marvel and Black Panther movies more than Iron Man 4 or even Avengers 3. Feige called the demand for those movies to be a "groundswell" and used words like "never happened before" and "substantial."

“They’re both characters that we like, that development work has been done, it’s continuing to be done on, and certainly it’s the question I get asked more than anything else, more than Iron Man 4, more than Avengers 3. That’s sort of the first time that’s really happened to us, so I think that makes a difference. I think that’s something we have to pay attention to… I’ve always said we have our plan, and it’s served us very well, and there hasn’t been anything that has managed to deviate or change from that based on an opinion, because opinions online change and they alter, and they are based on limited information they have to what’s going on behind the scenes, but in this particular case I think it is a groundswell, and I think it means something substantial.”
Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...anther-and-captain-marvel#mP0LrZLaDsvc5Jux.99

Thanks to the Avengers, IM3 was a massive hit, but diminished returns WILL happen. I guarantee you that IM4 won't/wouldn't be nearly as successful as IM3.

Marvel will be able to match and even surpass the amount of money they made/will make for the phase 3 solo movies with the new heroes, since Marvel is now a household name and phase 3 has more solo hero movies than the phase 1 heroes. Cap, Thor, and Iron Man vs Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Inhumans. Feige also said that the Inhumans could spin off to even more franchises.

Marvel will be able to match and even surpass the amount of money they made/will make for the phase 3 solo movies with the new heroes,

Thus far, that hasn't happened with any of the newer heroes. Ant-Man couldn't even pull in numbers to top the crappy Thor: The Dark World.

The new Phase 3 heroes will make money but if anyone seriously expects them to eclipse Iron Man and Captain America in the money making department, I have a bridge to Alaska I'd like to sell you.

Thus far, that hasn't happened with any of the newer heroes. Ant-Man couldn't even pull in numbers to top the crappy Thor: The Dark World.

The new Phase 3 heroes will make money but if anyone seriously expects them to eclipse Iron Man and Captain America in the money making department, I have a bridge to Alaska I'd like to sell you.

People watched that movie because they like Thor in his first solo film and The Avengers. It's not really fair to compare the success of a new franchise to that of a sequel. Compare Ant-Man to Thor 1, and Ant-Man wins. How much more successful will Ant-Man and Wasp be?

Guardians of The Galaxy eclipsed both the first two Cap and Iron Man films. Ant-Man eclipsed every phase 1 film except for Iron Man. I think Ant-Man and Wasp will likely outgross Thor: Raganarok. Consider how Ant-Man, a movie that sounds so silly on paper is almost able to match IM1. The phase 3 heroes will easily outgross Cap and IM. Ant-Man has outgrossed Captain America 1, and I predict Ant-Man to be less sucessful than the phase 3 films.

Phase 3 has more new heroes than phase 1 did, so no. It's not that outlandish to think they could outgross Thor, Cap, and IM.

Marvel considered making IM4, but what happened? RDJ is too expensive. Combine that with diminished returns, Marvel would be better casting new actors for cheap, playing newer characters.

Marvel VP, Jeremy Latcham had this to say about the Avengers:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/avengers-disassembled-marvel-confirms-inevitable-1268912126271542.html

I see your VP and raise you Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige:

“I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it.”
http://collider.com/kevin-feige-iron-man-james-bond/

And diminished returns? dafuq you smoking? :loco::lmao:

Since when is making almost US $4 billion (RDJ headling 3 IM & 2 Avengers) considered diminished returns?

There's a reason why Disney wanted to pay RDJ $50 million to be in someone else's movie.

btw, IM4 was never in the the cards, as far as this phase 3 goes. RDJ was just signed on for 3 IM movies and 3 Avengers movies. Then Avengers 1 was a huge hit, and IM 3 made more than a billion dollars so RDJ reworked his contract. Signed on to be in it's sequel plus Infinity War which was split in two. But rather than sideline him for a few years they decided to put him in Cap's movie and pay him however much he wanted.

Iron Man isn't going anywhere.

Yes!

And as Chris Evans said a few days ago "There (maybe) will be no more Iron Man or Captain America movies - because the title of the movies do not longer matter"

Stark, Cap and others will be - like Hulk or Stark now in phase 3 - in movies with other heroes as "team-ups".

I do not see any possibility, that they go on without Thor, Iron Man or Captain America - that would be stupid.

You can make money without them, but you can make more money WITH them.

But i like both sides - new heroes/changes, but also the original members.

I think, it would be a failure, to just do trilogies. But i understand, that Feige wants to show "some more". And as more he shows us, as more possibilities he has...

Think we will get a Doctor Strange/Iron Man combo sooner as we think!

Think, Cap stays with the Avengers or gets a (small) break. Stark will get his "number 4", just with Thor, i am unsure, what they do. He will not leave forever, but i do not know whats next for him...

I see your VP and raise you Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige:

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-iron-man-james-bond/

I call your bluff. That interview is over 3 years old. Jeremy Latchman's much more recent comments with Kevin Feige sitting next to him(basically confirming everything he said) holds more weight than a three year old interview. A lot has changed since then. For starters, three movies a year is now a possibility. If Marvel is serious about supplanting the old team of Avengers, then a phase that introduces several new heroes while still wrapping up trilogies for returning franchises would be the way to go. This would only be possible if Marvel went to three movies a year. Phase 3 imo, is a dry run for the new heroes. See how much people like them. If they do, then the old heroes won't need to return for phase 4 and beyond.

And diminished returns? dafuq you smoking? :loco::lmao:

Since when is making almost US $4 billion (RDJ headling 3 IM & 2 Avengers) considered diminished returns?

There's a reason why Disney wanted to pay RDJ $50 million to be in someone else's movie.

btw, IM4 was never in the the cards, as far as this phase 3 goes. RDJ was just signed on for 3 IM movies and 3 Avengers movies. Then Avengers 1 was a huge hit, and IM 3 made more than a billion dollars so RDJ reworked his contract. Signed on to be in it's sequel plus Infinity War which was split in two. But rather than sideline him for a few years they decided to put him in Cap's movie and pay him however much he wanted.

Over time, there will be diminished returns. I was referring to potential future Iron Man films, if Marvel intends to go that route. I can almost guarantee you that Iron Man 4 won't gross nearly as much it's predecessor. That 1.2 billion was largely a gift from The Avengers movie. It also won't look good if a sequel doesn't make as much as it's predecessor. People will start talking about superhero fatigue or something. Heck, Disney was even pointing fingers, calling AOU a "failure" since it didn't live up to their expectations.

IM4 was very much in the cards. After IM3, Feige liked the idea of Stark being a Bond type character after IM3 was released. Anyways, it's not like your average fan is going to make him/herself privy to such trivia as to "which character is signed to how many movies?" People like Iron Man 3, just like any Marvel movie, they fans asked about a follow up sequel. None of this changes the fact that fans were more interested in a Black Panther or Captain Marvel movie than Iron Man 4 or even Avengers 3.

I think Stark is out or will be shoving people out. Unsure. Avengers Tower was Stark Tower, so I could see him feeling like he's the one in charge of The Avengers after Civil War.

After Infinity War, huh? Hrm. Well, Vision will come back from the dead, once he gets the Mind Gem ripped from his forehead and killed by Thanos. In either Part 1 or Part 2. I think he'll bite in Part 1, honestly. Need Part 2 to be Infinity Gauntlet completed.

But yea, post Infinity War, Phase 4?

Avengers roster:
Captain America (Sam Wilson, Bucky or Steve, depending on where it goes.)
War Machine
Doctor Strange (Honorary member. As in loosely.)
Scarlet Witch
The Vision
Black Panther (I could also be honorary. Like Thor, gets busy with his homeland a bit.

I'm honestly unsure what they'll do with Thor and Hulk. I could see Stark retiring, yet not stop building, if you know what I mean. Future cameos will probably happen, but I can see him hitting the bench. His PTSD from The Avengers is still on him, let alone things to come. Demon in a Bottle could happen.

I could also see the loosening or ending of ties between SHIELD, what with all that has happened. So Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye kind of go their separate way, possibly. I could totally see Agent 13 being a tie between them. Honorary Avengers/SHIELD agent. That'd be cool.

I call your bluff. That interview is over 3 years old. Jeremy Latchman's much more recent comments with Kevin Feige sitting next to him(basically confirming everything he said) holds more weight than a three year old interview. A lot has changed since then. For starters, three movies a year is now a possibility. If Marvel is serious about supplanting the old team of Avengers, then a phase that introduces several new heroes while still wrapping up trilogies for returning franchises would be the way to go. This would only be possible if Marvel went to three movies a year. Phase 3 imo, is a dry run for the new heroes. See how much people like them. If they do, then the old heroes won't need to return for phase 4 and beyond.

And 3 years from now everyone will have forgetten what that VP said. Heck, nobody even knows who he is or what he said. Until Feige confirms anything, everything else is just talk.

Over time, there will be diminished returns. I was referring to potential future Iron Man films, if Marvel intends to go that route. I can almost guarantee you that Iron Man 4 won't gross nearly as much it's predecessor. That 1.2 billion was largely a gift from The Avengers movie. It also won't look good if a sequel doesn't make as much as it's predecessor. People will start talking about superhero fatigue or something. Heck, Disney was even pointing fingers, calling AOU a "failure" since it didn't live up to their expectations.

IM4 was very much in the cards. After IM3, Feige liked the idea of Stark being a Bond type character after IM3 was released. Anyways, it's not like your average fan is going to make him/herself privy to such trivia as to "which character is signed to how many movies?" People like Iron Man 3, just like any Marvel movie, they fans asked about a follow up sequel. None of this changes the fact that fans were more interested in a Black Panther or Captain Marvel movie than Iron Man 4 or even Avengers 3.

Show me where IM4 was in the cards, when they pulled the plug on it. Link please.

The only thing that was ever mention about a sequel was a questionnaire they had about future Marvel movies asked to fans and guess what movie came out on top? Which leads me to the next point:

Fans sure, maybe they want a Black Panther or a Captain Marvel movie, but the general audience wants more Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk (which is why he's getting put in a Thor movie). The GA doesn't know who Black Panther is and surely don't know who Captain Marvel is. And even when those movies are released, there's not guarantee they're going to be hits or propel them pop-culture icon statuses.

And it's laughable for you to think anyone would want a BP or CM movie over two Infinity War movies.

In every Iron Man, ticket sales went up (solo movies WW 585.2, 623.9, 1.215 Billion) In the two Avengers movies that had RDJ headline with the rest of the core group, 1.5 billion and 1.4 billion.

You really think Marvel/Disney is unhappy with these numbers? You really think they're ready to get rid of RDJ, the Chrises, Ruffalo and Scarlett? RDJ is going to stop being Iron Man when HE chooses to stop being Iron Man. And they'll stop making IM movies when it goes into Jaws 4 territory.

Yes!

And as Chris Evans said a few days ago "There (maybe) will be no more Iron Man or Captain America movies - because the title of the movies do not longer matter"

Stark, Cap and others will be - like Hulk or Stark now in phase 3 - in movies with other heroes as "team-ups".

I do not see any possibility, that they go on without Thor, Iron Man or Captain America - that would be stupid.

You can make money without them, but you can make more money WITH them.

But i like both sides - new heroes/changes, but also the original members.

I think, it would be a failure, to just do trilogies. But i understand, that Feige wants to show "some more". And as more he shows us, as more possibilities he has...

Think we will get a Doctor Strange/Iron Man combo sooner as we think!

Think, Cap stays with the Avengers or gets a (small) break. Stark will get his "number 4", just with Thor, i am unsure, what they do. He will not leave forever, but i do not know whats next for him...

Agreed on all of this. Especially the bold part.

Yes!

Agreed. But I think it is likely Marvel goes on without Thor Odinson, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.

And 3 years from now everyone will have forgetten what that VP said. Heck, nobody even knows who he is or what he said. Until Feige confirms anything, everything else is just talk.

Something Marvel Studios is not: One guy sitting at a computer. You're not going to have two high level Marvel executives go out to an audience and address Marvel's plans for the future and not have these guys on the same page. Since you seem to trust Feige so implicitly, at least trust that he's going to have his lieutenants on the same page he is on. I could imagine that before they head out to the press conference, Feige is like, "Ok, here's what we're going to say", or something like that. Heck, that should not even be necessary as Latchman probably already knows what Feige knows.

Show me where IM4 was in the cards, when they pulled the plug on it. Link please.

I'm glad that you hold me in such high esteem. I'm flattered, really. Sorry, but I don't have that insider information. It appears that RDJ was in negotiations with Marvel and it didn't pan out, but he did seemingly confirm that an Iron Man 4 was going to be made on Ellen:

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-4-robert-downey-jr-negotiations/

The only thing that was ever mention about a sequel was a questionnaire they had about future Marvel movies asked to fans and guess what movie came out on top? Which leads me to the next point:

Fans sure, maybe they want a Black Panther or a Captain Marvel movie, but the general audience wants more Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk (which is why he's getting put in a Thor movie). The GA doesn't know who Black Panther is and surely don't know who Captain Marvel is. And even when those movies are released, there's not guarantee they're going to be hits or propel them pop-culture icon statuses.

And it's laughable for you to think anyone would want a BP or CM movie over two Infinity War movies.

In every Iron Man, ticket sales went up (solo movies WW 585.2, 623.9, 1.215 Billion) In the two Avengers movies that had RDJ headline with the rest of the core group, 1.5 billion and 1.4 billion.

You really think Marvel/Disney is unhappy with these numbers? You really think they're ready to get rid of RDJ, the Chrises, Ruffalo and Scarlett? RDJ is going to stop being Iron Man when HE chooses to stop being Iron Man. And they'll stop making IM movies when it goes into Jaws 4 territory.

Eh. I think Marvel could move on without on without Ruffalo, Hemsworth, and maaaaybe Scarlet. That's the beauty of phase 3. We will have to wait and see. Marvel could kill off a couple characters like Hawkeye and Thor and leave the fates of the remaining Avengers questionable, allowing Marvel to bring them back if need be, or not. Marvel has already cast some brilliant actors for the new heroes such as Benedict Cumberbatch and Chadwick Boseman. Who's to say they won't be as famous as those guys? Last Thor movie, Thor was teamed up with Darcy and Jane Foster. That movie was just bad. Now, he's teaming up with Thor in Ragnarok because hero teamups are always cool and only make more people want to watch the film.

So far, it seems that RDJ is too expensive and Marvel would have to recast. I think people should give the phase 3 heroes a chance before assuming that Marvel couldn't possibly move on without it's core Avengers lineup from phase 1. Ten years is a long time to focus on a group of characters. It would be nice for Marvel to focus on a

So, an internet poll? Yeah, because those are accurate. :whatever:

Do you have a link?

I never actually said Avengers: IW. I did however, say Avengers 3. There is a difference. I got this from an interview Feige gave that happened several months before Marvel announced their phase 3 slate. Most fans probably weren't even aware that Infinity War was being made until Marvel gave their announcement in October of last year. Feige said he was being asked more about Black Panther and Captain Marvel more than Iron Man 4 and Avengers 3. His words, not mine. If you don't believe me, you can look it up yourself. If you're too lazy, I could post it for you. I believe I've posted it a couple of times on this site.

Something Marvel Studios is not: One guy sitting at a computer. You're not going to have two high level Marvel executives go out to an audience and address Marvel's plans for the future and not have these guys on the same page. Since you seem to trust Feige so implicitly, at least trust that he's going to have his lieutenants on the same page he is on. I could imagine that before they head out to the press conference, Feige is like, "Ok, here's what we're going to say", or something like that. Heck, that should not even be necessary as Latchman probably already knows what Feige knows.

I'm glad that you hold me in such high esteem. I'm flattered, really. Sorry, but I don't have that insider information. It appears that RDJ was in negotiations with Marvel and it didn't pan out, but he did seemingly confirm that an Iron Man 4 was going to be made on Ellen:

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-4-robert-downey-jr-negotiations/

Eh. I think Marvel could move on without on without Ruffalo, Hemsworth, and maaaaybe Scarlet. That's the beauty of phase 3. We will have to wait and see. Marvel could kill off a couple characters like Hawkeye and Thor and leave the fates of the remaining Avengers questionable, allowing Marvel to bring them back if need be, or not. Marvel has already cast some brilliant actors for the new heroes such as Benedict Cumberbatch and Chadwick Boseman. Who's to say they won't be as famous as those guys? Last Thor movie, Thor was teamed up with Darcy and Jane Foster. That movie was just bad. Now, he's teaming up with Thor in Ragnarok because hero teamups are always cool and only make more people want to watch the film.

So far, it seems that RDJ is too expensive and Marvel would have to recast. I think people should give the phase 3 heroes a chance before assuming that Marvel couldn't possibly move on without it's core Avengers lineup from phase 1. Ten years is a long time to focus on a group of characters. It would be nice for Marvel to focus on a

So, an internet poll? Yeah, because those are accurate. :whatever:

Do you have a link?

I never actually said Avengers: IW. I did however, say Avengers 3. There is a difference. I got this from an interview Feige gave that happened several months before Marvel announced their phase 3 slate. Most fans probably weren't even aware that Infinity War was being made until Marvel gave their announcement in October of last year. Feige said he was being asked more about Black Panther and Captain Marvel more than Iron Man 4 and Avengers 3. His words, not mine. If you don't believe me, you can look it up yourself. If you're too lazy, I could post it for you. I believe I've posted it a couple of times on this site.

About IM4, that was just talk. Also it's not like they're running RDJ out of town or making him sit out until the IW movies. He's getting paid the most in someone else's movie. It made more sense story wise to make a Civil War movie now than wait after IM4, and two IW movies.

As soon as Infinity War was mentioned talk about Black Panther and Captain Marvel nose dived, everyone was interested in IW. Who cares what anyone was talking about months before. We're talking about NOW.

You still haven't explained how the Iron Man franchise has been giving diminished returns.

They're not moving on without Scarlett, she's one of the top leading ladies in film right now.

And their also not killing off any more characters to make room for newer ones.

btw, I do not hold you to high esteem, every thread you're on, you're a boarder line troll.

About IM4, that was just talk. Also it's not like they're running RDJ out of town or making him sit out until the IW movies. He's getting paid the most in someone else's movie. It made more sense story wise to make a Civil War movie now than wait after IM4, and two IW movies.

IM4 was talk by RDJ himself, so it was likely he was negotiating with Marvel at some point, but Marvel decided to give him a large role in Civil War. By phase 4, RDJ will be in his mid 50s and he's worth over $100 million now. I doubt RDJ will be coming back in phase 4. If Marvel feels they need Iron Man for phase 4, they'll probably recast him in a support role for the New Avengers.

As soon as Infinity War was mentioned talk about Black Panther and Captain Marvel nose dived, everyone was interested in IW. Who cares what anyone was talking about months before. We're talking about NOW.

Nonsense.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/black-panther-movie-is-leading-the-social-media-mo-1615586/

black-panther-movie-is-leading-the-social-media-mo-1615586

Feige says that Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies are asked about more than any other movie months before he announced phase 3. After phase 3 was announced, Black Panther and Captain Marvel were still leading the charge. Now? Civil War is probably most anticipated, but that's because it's so close.

You still haven't explained how the Iron Man franchise has been giving diminished returns.

They're not moving on without Scarlett, she's one of the top leading ladies in film right now.

And their also not killing off any more characters to make room for newer ones.

btw, I do not hold you to high esteem, every thread you're on, you're a boarder line troll.

Iron Man hasn't seen diminished returns(obviously), but over time, if Marvel keeps pumping out Iron Man films, it will. I really don't see Marvel duplicating that success with Iron Man 4.

The Russo Brothers talked about raising stakes in Civil War and raising them to an even higher level in Infinity War, "leaving people shocked", and Latcham's comments on the original Avenger roster coming to an end, it's very likely that not all of the core six Avengers will make it through. And, it's not like Marvel will be able to focus on THAT many heroes in future Avengers movies. Something will have to give. They'll kill off one or two Avengers and retire the rest to keep their options open for the future. At the very least, Marvel will probably kill off Hawkeye, retire Thor to Asgard, and Hulk goes missing again, and an entire new Avengers team will be leading the charge for phase 4.

I do not hold you to high esteem, every thread you're on, you're a borderline troll.

Well, dismissing what a prominent Marvel Executive said about Marvel's plans for the future while the president of Marvel Studios sat next to him, because you don't like what he said is being borderline disingenuous at best.

Last edited:
Iron Man hasn't seen diminished returns(obviously), but over time, if Marvel keeps pumping out Iron Man films, it will. I really don't see Marvel duplicating that success with Iron Man 4.

The same could be argued for the Avengers. Avengers 2 failed to make as much as the first one and that was even with the original cast.

What also needs to be noted is that you keep making the argument that killing off and replacing the original Avengers would keep people interested, but in many TV shows and movies, getting rid of the original cast members is usually a sign of decline in quality and viewership.

Not saying that will happen with the Avengers, but it is strange to keep making the argument that the founding Avengers are somehow holding the franchise back and that killing them and bringing in new cast members will revitalize the franchise, when historically, the exact opposite tends to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"