Comics Aunt Anna

spider greg

Civilian
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned over at another site, and didn't see anything posted here. But I would like to address the very sad absence of Aunt Anna in the Spidey books, and what her reaction to the unmasking is. For God's sake, she was a pretty important character at one time, and while we're on the subject....Mary Jane's sister? Marvel's been making a big stink over making more interesting stories because of the unmasking but as far as I know they're not taking advantage of any of these characters.
Maybe I'm wrong, and they'll address this down the line, I just thought they would've at least had Aunt Anna's reaction by now. Actually if you take it farther, Where does Anna think Mary Jane and Aunt May live? She obviously can't know they live in Avenger's Tower (till now anyways) I'm not a writer but if I was, these would be great sub-plot ideas.
Any thoughts?

Another example of the Marvel editorial/writer staff not knowing real human relationships. They removed Anna after May returned because there was no need apparently for two mother figures. forgetting that May and Anna are close friends, and would want someone their own age to spend time with. I don't recall them even dealing with Anna's reaction to seeing her best friend returned from the dead.

Once again... The "Pros" at Marvel being pwned by the Fans... Why do they get paid??? They're scrweing up big time, yet somehow it's OUR fault...

Well after seeing how they "handled" Flash's reaction...do we want them to?

Anyways I would love to see Anna's reaction. Maybe she could be even a little furious that her loving niece married....this and worse yet didn't tell her. And she could feel betrayed by her best friend in May too. I mean this could affect MJ some and deepen her character.

Oh wait....it is hard to write the marriage, mind you we just came up with a great subplot in a few minutes. ****ing Marvel.

careful, guys, you're making too much sense for Marvel...

Dragon said:
Another example of the Marvel editorial/writer staff not knowing real human relationships. They removed Anna after May returned because there was no need apparently for two mother figures. forgetting that May and Anna are close friends, and would want someone their own age to spend time with. I don't recall them even dealing with Anna's reaction to seeing her best friend returned from the dead.

you don't know that. maybe it was becuase, yknow... MJ was supposed to be dead at the time! and then when she was written back in there's been so much going on nobody's thought of bringing Anna back. it wasnt really needed but now it might be. i think you'll see her reaction within the next half year - there are others i'll prefer to see first!!

I think she was seen in one of JMS first arcs, the one where May discovers Pete=Spidey. It was only a cameo, and she didn't say much, but that's the last I've seen of her.

he didnt believe it and then told pete he thought it was good he was helping spidey but there's no way puny parker was spider-man or something like that. he threw a dodgeball at peter and he karate kicked it into flashes head :)

:Rolls eyes: Marvel seriously needs to respect their own continuity. Of course, there are defintely exceptions...Chapter One comes to mind.

Hence why I said exceptions since Marvel went out of their way to correct the error - thank god.

I also think we can all say Aunt May never "died." Sure ASM #400 is a great story but since they ruined it already let's pretend it never happened so we don't have that lame Final Chapter bull**** then.

DACrowe said:
Well after seeing how they "handled" Flash's reaction...do we want them to?

Anyways I would love to see Anna's reaction. Maybe she could be even a little furious that her loving niece married....this and worse yet didn't tell her. And she could feel betrayed by her best friend in May too. I mean this could affect MJ some and deepen her character.

Oh wait....it is hard to write the marriage, mind you we just came up with a great subplot in a few minutes. ****ing Marvel.

If I remeber they tried to tell her once, but she thought it was a lame excuse to cover Peter "cheating" on Mary Jane.

I vaguely remember that when she was rapping hard on Pete being bad or rather Spider-Man and MJ got in a fight with her and they run up to find Peter had just snuck in and Anna is yelling at Pete (seems out of character from the Anna of the past) and MJ in a fury screams he's Spider-Man. I take it she didn't believe it and thought Pete was cheating?

Well, I wonder how she feels about her niece living with a man who she thinks is a man-****e. And now that he is Spidey what then?

What do we know about Aunt Anna? I was considering writing a bio for her in spiderfan, but all I can come up with is she helped raise MJ after Mary Jane was bumped from relative to relative and she had an affair when she was a young woman. What else is there?

Demogoblin said:
What do we know about Aunt Anna? I was considering writing a bio for her in spiderfan, but all I can come up with is she helped raise MJ after Mary Jane was bumped from relative to relative and she had an affair when she was a young woman. What else is there?

I'm sure a good writer could come in and make her more 3 dimensional. What I don't get is, at my job I have to know and learn the products that we sell. But it seems the clowns at Marvel don't really have to know anything about a character's history and past supporting characters, they sort of coast through and if there's a mistake...Oh well. And I know they get paid a lot more coin than I do for doing a half a$$ job.

MyPokerShirt said:
he didnt believe it and then told pete he thought it was good he was helping spidey but there's no way puny parker was spider-man or something like that. he threw a dodgeball at peter and he karate kicked it into flashes head :)

Did I miss something?.....where did this happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"