Another Pixar sequel... Finding Dory

sequel should not be called finding nemo 2 imo

keep nemo in the title but dont make it finding nemo 2 so they are not stuck in the same crutch of finding him

Maybe it will be a prequel: Losing Nemo :p

Well this news makes me sad.

This franchise is way too old! Reboot it with a dark and gritty protaganist! Make it a road trip movie about a guy called Nemo trying to find his alcoholic mother! Better yet, have Nemo...

try and hunt down the Barracuda who nixed his mumsy!

Just kidding. I'm interested in what they can do with this. Pixar hasn't exactly had the magic touch lately so hopefully this is them getting back into form.

I remember my younger nephew was really into Finding Nemo. I used to take him to Aquariums and show him fish just to hear him shout 'NEMO!!!!!'

shouldnt these fish be dead or eaten by now? Its been 10 years.

Wikipedia said:
Clownfish are sequential hermaphrodites, meaning that they develop into males first, and when they mature, they become females.
:awesome:

This is gonna be Pixar's most controversial film to date.

Last edited:
At least it's not Toy Story 4

Dont tempt um...........

thumbnail.aspx

Yeah, they need to move on, keep up with the original ideas and do their planed "The Untitled Pixar Movie that Takes You Inside the Mind" and "The Untitled Pixar Movie About Día de los Muertos"

Both of which are in production along with their dinosaur movie.

Ugh, what.

I loved Finding Nemo, but it is one of those movies that I feel should not be touched. It does not need a sequel.

Both of which are in production along with their dinosaur movie.
I know, and they're supposed to be released before Finding Nemo 2, but i'm looking more forward to them.

A Finding Nemo sequel is totally unnecessary - unless they've found a story that is every bit as powerful as the first - but what bothers me more is that this feels like Andrew Stanton licking his wounds after the commercial (and, to some, creative) failure of John Carter and retreating to the safest possible project for him. I hope it's not just that, because I really liked John Carter and remain frustrated with the lousy marketing and turnout. It didn't deserve the branding of "flop" at all. I'm not a Pixar cynic - Cars 2 didn't work (which was a disappointment, because I actually do like the first), but I thought Brave was a nice rebound - but I'm going to need some convincing to lose the "I hope this doesn't happen" mindset.

I hope Nemo ends up in a Chinese fish market so there's no room for a trilogy.

It might just take place within the same universe as Finding Nemo and be a story about someone else. There's not enough information on this film or Monsters University to decry Pixar as losing its edge. Sequels are not inherently bad and a sign of creative decline. Who knows? It could be great. Does Pixar want to make money? Of course! It'd be foolish to think otherwise. But to call any of their films a pure cash-grab is just nonsensical (Cars 2 was borderline, but I feel they fully recovered creatively with Brave).

It might just take place within the same universe as Finding Nemo and be a story about someone else. There's not enough information on this film or Monsters University to decry Pixar as losing its edge. Sequels are not inherently bad and a sign of creative decline. Who knows? It could be great. Does Pixar want to make money? Of course! It'd be foolish to think otherwise. But to call any of their films a pure cash-grab is just nonsensical (Cars 2 was borderline, but I feel they fully recovered creatively with Brave).

Thank you!

Well it will probably be an environmental story and one about having to move on. The coral reef where Nemo grew up is destroyed, most likely by a reckless oil spill caused by a wrecked tanker that covers the ocean and floor and coral and causes it to turn whiteinto . Nemo is now a young adult and Marlin is passed on after succumbing to the poisoning caused by the oil spill because of some sort of circumstance. The old reef is no longer habitable and he has to find another location rumored to be across the ocean to continue on his life, including with his shorter fin. To get there he meets a young female fish he eventually falls in love with and helps him find his way after the tragic accident that destroyed the reef is overcome.

Just like this except having to do with oil and not global warming.

"Canary is Dead" - Coral Reefs & Global Warming

Another sequel :(.

The only sequel that I want to see from Pixar is Toy Story 4. But I don't think it will be as good as Toy Story 3. So its okay if they don't make another Toy Story movie.

I bet finding nemo 2 is actually a prequel

Maybe it will be about Nemo growing up and finding himself...

...like in the first movie.

Another sequel :(.

The only sequel that I want to see from Pixar is Toy Story 4. But I don't think it will be as good as Toy Story 3. So its okay if they don't make another Toy Story movie.
I hope not, it's the best rated Trilogy ever so i think it should be left alone, The Incredibles on the other hand is the Pixar film that i think a sequel would be more interesting. I doubt Pixar is going to do a Cars 3 considering the terrible reception Cars 2 received and how much they had to denie that it was for merchandising that they did it.

Meh. Finding Nemo should be left alone as it should be, a standalone film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"