Another TV show on the big screen: Veronica Mars!

I saw the movie tonight. It was... all right. I hadn't seen the TV show in a long time and there was a lot of [blackout]appearances from past characters that I had to catch my brain up on[/blackout]. Too many I think. The main mystery was kinda meh. A couple of good [blackout]jumpy scare moments[/blackout] and the occasional good joke or gag. There's an [blackout]obvious setup for Veronica Mars to continue if need at the end of the movie in a traditional way.[/blackout]

Try Amazon or Vudu or the PlayStation Online store. It's on all of those. Probably others too.

Random slightly related question. If you download a film on itunes do you have to watch it on itunes? Or can you get a file of it and out it on a usb drive to plug into your tv?

I think the file is encrypted so that only Apple approved programs and devices can play it, like iTunes and QuickTime and the iPad and iPhone.

Edit:

Where can I watch my movie rental?

You can watch your movie rental on your computer, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (with iOS 3.1.3 or later), iPod classic, iPod nano (3rd, 4th, or 5th generation), or on your TV using your Apple TV. You can watch HD movie rentals on your computer, iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or with Apple TV.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1657

Last edited:
I hate apple...

I want to watch Frozen in 3D on my new 3D tv... :/

Just watched it and really enjoyed it. It honestly felt like I was attending a high school reunion except it's a tv show/movie. Only major downfall I think is that it really isn't that easy for people who havent watched the tv series to get into. Really wish that Leighton couldve come back, it only wouldve taken her a day to shoot everything.

I just watched my free download version and loved it. It was absolutely for the fans and not really friendly for newbies, but I honestly don't care about that. Going to see it in theaters tomorrow. :D

Only downside to me was that they seemed to get everyone back that they wanted except Leighton Meester, but then [blackout]considering the part her character played[/blackout], I can understand why. Also, I hate that ending for making me want a new season. After I'd finally moved on. Rob Thomas is a ****e!

Last edited:
are fans happy with their investment?

It's only playing in a handful of theatres in Australia for this weekend only unfortunately, but it is coming on TV within the next few weeks so I'll check it out then.

p8RpBnY.jpg

I saw it. I liked it, but it was probably the weirdest possible sequel to "Frozen" we could have gotten.

Friday estimate is over 1 million. With that number it will easily do enough to finish in the top 10. Really hard to figure out a weekend number for this movie though. A typical movie would probably be close to 2.4m, but it might, be front loaded due to it's heavy fan base and the simultaneous video on demand release middies the water even more.
I'll throw out around 2.1m as my guess, which is amazing for a movie in fewer than 300 theaters and also only getting 2 shows a day on many of them (no theaters near me have more than 2 shows on any day this week). I think I heard it is only supposed to be in theaters for 1 week, but if it's not really front loaded I bet some theaters will hang on to it longer.

are fans happy with their investment?

I think some over dramatic fans were upset they had trouble with the free download on Flixster not working or only having their free download on Flixster.

I'm happy with my investment, the audience I saw it with really liked the film and if it leads to a series in a year or two then that's great.

Some people are in some bad places at the end of the film but it provides a more satisfying ending than the series finale or even that FBI season four presentation.

I will say that Flixster was getting me mad, the loading sucked and had constant freezes but free is free afterall, plus still getting the free blu ray.

Really hoping for a sequel now that they are freed of doing a lot of show cameos. Still sad that the FBI spin off never got off the ground, damn CW.

So they keep talking about the "magical" number the film would need to hit for a sequel, I am guessing that number is 10mill

So they keep talking about the "magical" number the film would need to hit for a sequel, I am guessing that number is 10mill

No way anyone was, or is, expecting 10m. The theatrical release was pretty much an afterthought, and if I recall WB was expecting around a 1m weekend. Not surprisingly the VM movie is heavily front loaded , but still managed $2.021m and made it into the top 10 at #10 with just 291 theaters and limited showtimes (most theaters have no more than 2 shows a day).

I think most theaters are only showing it through this week, so a 3m total is probably the upper limit.

Considering it's WB I wouldn't be surprised if they put a "high" number on it. They didn't believe in it the first time.

Maybe $10M including all the formats of release, but I seriously doubt anyone had hopes of seeing that from theatrical revenue alone. Especially since the theatrical release was kind of an "add-on" that they weren't sure they were even gonna do in the first place.

I watched it tonight via redbox streaming. Loved it! I would kill for another movie or better yet.... A return to the show as more of an adult drama like the film was. It was absolutely perfect imo

Considering it's WB I wouldn't be surprised if they put a "high" number on it. They didn't believe in it the first time.

Then they came around. I read that WB doesn't want to see this fail so they provided the marketing and the home release on the same day. It will probably take in $3+ million in theatres and there's probably enough fans around the world to make this break even through streaming, renting, blu-ray and whatever small cable TV deal they pull off.

With a sequel that focuses more on the case/mystery that may become more marketable.

I saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. I do think it's very much geared towards the fanbase and isn't as accessible as was made out, when watching it there were a lot of sceness I enjoyed that I felt people who'd never watched the show would get nothing from.

The mystery was classic Veronica Mars and provided plenty of intrigue with twists and turns. I thought Rob Thomas did a great job weaving the characters into the plot organically and the snarky exchanges were as on point as ever.

If the film has a drawback it's the corrupt Sheriff's department plot, it just felt unnecessary and was blown up way too big to have such little meat to it and such a weak resolution that only scratched the surface of the depth of corruption that was implied.

One thing I wasn't keen on was the way things finished up with Weevil, to reset him in such a stereotypical way was a poor creative choice IMO.

I don't want to say too much about the Veronica/Logan relationship because many haven't seen the film yet, so I'll just say that personally I felt the way they went with it was the right way, and I loved where the film left Veronica in particular.

I hope this does well enough for another movie or maybe a mini series, it was great to have Miss Mars back! :hrt:

I thought the corrupt sheriff angle and weavil was handled great because it left the door open to a possibility of more. Imo. The entire police department is corrupt. Not just the sheriff... I was actually hoping we would have seen Keith re-elected as sheriff at the end of this. Neptune still has cleaning up to do.

I felt bad for weavil though but he obviously went back to his old ways to keep tabs on things. (trying his best to make sure the corrupt rich don't punish the poor as well as keep the gang inline ... Under his leadership they would have never done what they did which lead to weavil's incident)

Honestly if we ever get another film or a show..... I really want the kane family utilized... I felt like Duncan was never properly wrapped up, and celest and Mr kane are clearly seedy individuals with vague things happening.... Especially after season 3's ending

Also, did we ever find out who taped and distributed Veronica and Piz's sex tape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"