Ant-Man costume thread

The helmet looks like Judge Dredd's but the suit isn't too bad.

I guess we will get two versions now. a 60ies and a 10ies suit. speaking of tennis suits, do we know who the art director of this movie is? Is it Meierding? I love his work

I hope now to see a faithful reproduction of the 60s Ant-Man costume. They did one for Cap's original suit in CA:TFA, but they made it look rather silly when he was part of the USO tour.

I hope now to see a faithful reproduction of the 60s Ant-Man costume. They did one for Cap's original suit in CA:TFA, but they made it look rather silly when he was part of the USO tour.
with 20 years of advancements in tailorology and fabriciness, the 60ies ant-men suit probably will look slightly more badass. but yeah, nods to the comic booky original designs are what I'm looking forward to.

They also did Iron Man's Mark 1 suit very faithfully so it would be cool to see the classic Ant-Man suit in the 60s

They also did the Black Widow costume really faithfully as well, and Thor's armor, and even Hawkeye's Ultimate costume.

What about a helmet along these lines? It would give the actor face time without having to take it
off or loose it completely like Thor.
tumblr_ml2jjfQoSY1r3qv9to2_500.jpg

17.jpg

184073-59311-scott-lang.jpg

184079-52242-scott-lang.jpg

I imagine something like this helmet but clear so you can see Paul Rudd's face.
Like a motorcycle helmet.

it'd look cooler without the red eye holes. i think Ender's Game had similar helmets. personally, i'd rather that the top if his face not be visible through the visor. Scott Lang would want to hide his identity. the lower half of his face could show though; nose mouth and chin.

Whosoever possesses this suit, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Ant-Man!

in Pym's case, the requirement seems to be the ability to steal his costumed identities.

Steal Pym's gear and do something heroic with it and you get one of his superhero identities :cwink:
tumblr_new5o05_LNu1u336xlo2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Pym isn't very heroic, so the bar is set *very* low. "Don't beat up your spouse" and "Don't build a death robot to send at your friends" pretty much covers it. ;)

hmm, seeing the manips makes me think that a kamen rider influenced helmet design can work

riders+montage.jpg

I think he'll have a very similar helmet to the one in the test shot, but maybe modified to open so the actor can have face time. They've already shown the test footage and put it at the end of the Assembling a universe, so they probably won't change it that much.

It's time to bring this thread back.

Interesting to note, it was reported earlier that the Ant-Man helmet will slide up to reveal Paul's face, giving the helmet the appearance of the classic look. (This was from the same article that described Ultron's final form, the Ant Man costume and Black Widow's new suit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"