• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any chance at a video game?

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
Is there any chance of a video game based off of this show? That would be something really cool to see.

-R

Oh man, I'd love a video game based on this show. Spidey has not had a really great game since Spider-Man 2.

Batman TAS and Superman TAS both had games based off them. So there is a decent chance it could happen.

If they did it would be the greatest dating sim disguised as an action game, ever.

I was wondering about that since season one. I think it would be neat to have a TSSM game. Being able to play as Peter Parker, etc. It's a great idea!

yea i would love if we get a good, though its not likely to happen any time soon and more so if the so doesnt last a few more yrs. Do i want one yea it would probably be a fun play.

IMO, it would rock if there was a game based on this show. I can picture it now. :up:

Last edited:
Like Spaceway2009, I've been wanting a game of TSSM since season 1. Heck, I had thoughts of it since seeing commercials of the debute, showing Electro.

How would you guys want a Spectacular Spider-Man game's story to work?
Would you like it based on the same universe, telling it's own story; or would you rather have it follow the show's story arcs?

Hoping that TSSM gets a third season and more, I wouldn't mind a series working like the TMNT(2003) show's games, where each season had it's own game.

Oh man, It'd be great to face the villains in their first days, become stronger and faster as symbiote Spidey and face the Sinister-Six, go through the famous comic arcs, such as Master-Planner's arc and Gang War.

That would totally rock! I'm sick of stupid games like Ultimate Spider-Man, Friend Or Foe or Web Of Shadows, not to mention Spider-Man 3. I have also been thinking about it since season 1 but I doubt it's going to happen. Instead I think we will get either Spider-Man 4 or some other game based on the goddamned symbiote.

A Spectacular Spider-Man game would rock! And I think they should base this show on all the story arcs from season 1 and 2 and perhaps throw in new stories. Also, I know this is impossible and will most likely not happen but it would rock so much if you can unlock Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Black Cat, Venom(and Symbiote Spidey of course), Sandman, Electro and Rhino as unlockable playable characters. And free roam is a MUST.

it would rock if in the game we are introduced to some villains that havent appeared on the show yet.

People would want a game based on how WoS turned out to be a VERY poor Spider-Man video game. It could work; but I've always wanted a game detailing Spidey's origin and all the way up to fighting ALMOST of his villains; kind of like a Fable-esque video game detailing the entire reign of Spidey.

Like Spaceway2009, I've been wanting a game of TSSM since season 1. Heck, I had thoughts of it since seeing commercials of the debute, showing Electro.

How would you guys want a Spectacular Spider-Man game's story to work?
Would you like it based on the same universe, telling it's own story; or would you rather have it follow the show's story arcs?

Hoping that TSSM gets a third season and more, I wouldn't mind a series working like the TMNT(2003) show's games, where each season had it's own game.
LOL! Same here! A year ago, I mentioned on another board that there should be a game for each season and in each game, the story would follow the arcs.

Oh man, It'd be great to face the villains in their first days, become stronger and faster as symbiote Spidey and face the Sinister-Six, go through the famous comic arcs, such as Master-Planner's arc and Gang War.

I'd much rather have arcs from the series used instead of a self made game story. Be much more fun to play thru stories based on the comic books.

I'd much rather have arcs from the series used instead of a self made game story.
Oh yea, that's what I mean.
To face the villains in their first days, such as Vulture and the Enforcers in the air, trying to save Norman, Shocker in that abandoned theater, Rhino through the city, then subsequently discovering the Big Man and his intentions, Ock snaping out, The Sinister Six...
And we certainly could go through Peter's life, too.

I was actually thinking about doing an RPG game for PC.

I highly doubt we'll get one based on the show but I do see another Spider-Man game being released next year because they sell. Web of Shadows was alright(the voice actor was horredous) but nothing comes close to the greatness of Spider-Man 2.

I would love to see some of the voice actors in a Spider-Man game if isn't based off the show.

I was playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows earlier today, after not having played it for months; I have to say, it had a lot of potential.
Personally, I think it would have been great with an expanded cast and more effective webbing.

maybee...i hope so...SM3 was a badass game, as was WoS...lets hope..

And perhaps this time screw Fox and introduce Wilson Fisk and some cameos like Daredevil and Human Torch for crying out loud. Even if it were to be at a later stage.

Honestly, I would mind that.
I don't want to have other heroes in this show. They make such a great use of the entire cast. I don't want to see them replaced for a superhero, even if it is for one episode.
At least not in the third season. Maybe in the future.

I wouldn't mind seeing an episode that features say...the Fantastic Four. Maybe have Parker taking pictures of a Reed Richards demonstration. But the tricky thing about adding New York based superheroes is that:

Why would these guys not help Spider-man with his problems whenever there is a super villain?

This is a leg up that DC has on Marvel by basing all of their characters in different geographical areas...they can all exist at the same time and not have to run into one another all the time.

If the Green Goblin was attacking New York, why wouldn't say, the X-men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, or another New York based hero arrive on the scene?

But- I wouldn't mind seeing some of these characters in their civilian guises....maybe a Matt Murdock or Tony Stark. It might be assumed that they are not yet they're alter egos.

-R

my idea is that the game would take place during the summer before senior year....3 months worth of story to go through

here's an idea. The game could be 2 player if it took place during the SSM "clone saga" 1 as Pete and another as Ben.

Would make it an exclusive storyline that would enhance the story for pete's senior year.

Last edited:
4/1/2009

I agree, I'd love to see a free-roaming game based upon "The Spectacular Spider-Man". Unfortunately, I only have a PS2 and haven't been able to save up to buy an Xbox 360 or Wii because of being so tight on money. Which means, if I was lucky enough to get a PS2 adaptation, it'd likely be different from the story of the other game systems. Regardless, I'd get it either way. I'd love to own a "Spectacular Spider-Man" game. I think they should include the voice actors from the show, since Daran Norris and Tricia Helfer were lucky enough to voice J. Jonah Jameson and Black Cat, respectively, in "Web of Shadows".

In addition to playing in the classic red-and-blue Spidey costume, I'd do what they did for the first two "Spider-Man" Playstation 1 video games: alternate costumes. Granted, the odds of a "Spider-Man Unlimited" costume are slim to none, but that still leaves us with the black alien costume, the Spider-Armor, the Amazing Bag-Man (or not, depending on the whole "Fantastic Four" rights), Captain Universe Spidey, Negative Zone black-and-white costume Spidey, and so much more.

I'd love to see guest heroes for playable characters, but they'd be characters we've seen so far or will see either in season two or in a possible future season: Black Cat, Molten Man (an on-and-off villain in the comics), Prowler (whether or not Hobie Brown becomes Prowler in season three or another season) and Bluebird (if Sally Avril ever does become Bluebird on the show).

For the villains, I'd love to play as Doctor Octopus (not just because he's my favorite Spidey foe, I loved playing him in the "Friend or Foe" game), Venom (naturally), Green Goblin (ditto), Mysterio, Electro, Sandman, Rhino and Shocker. They all have great potential for combo attacks, special moves, and aside from Rhino, they have good long-range attacks (but maybe he could have a long-range ground slam attack or something?). Of course, you'd probably have to get cheat codes or defeat them as bosses first in order to make them secret playable characters.

Of course, you'd also need Tombstone and Hammerhead in the game as bosses and for those brief video clips in-between levels for good measure.

Thanks for reading,
Stuart Green

That would totally rock! I'm sick of stupid games like Ultimate Spider-Man, Friend Or Foe or Web Of Shadows, not to mention Spider-Man 3. I have also been thinking about it since season 1 but I doubt it's going to happen. Instead I think we will get either Spider-Man 4 or some other game based on the goddamned symbiote.

A Spectacular Spider-Man game would rock! And I think they should base this show on all the story arcs from season 1 and 2 and perhaps throw in new stories. Also, I know this is impossible and will most likely not happen but it would rock so much if you can unlock Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Black Cat, Venom(and Symbiote Spidey of course), Sandman, Electro and Rhino as unlockable playable characters. And free roam is a MUST.
I thought USM was a good game, but it was mainly because they let us be Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"