Video games that should be Tv Shows

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
So i read this list some time ago:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/117/1170646p1.html
L.A.Noire is just one example of a video game that could have a good tv show where there could be various seasons, but i think Myth could work better as a tv show than Bioshock.
Opinions? (besides that video games shouldn't be tv shows)
Which video game could work?

I always thought Warcraft would make a cool "serious" kids show similar to something like The Clone Wars.

I think Bioshock would work better as a movie.

So i read this list some time ago:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/117/1170646p1.html
L.A.Noire is just one example of a video game that could have a good tv show where there could be various seasons, but i think Myth could work better as a tv show than Bioshock.
Opinions? (besides that video games shouldn't be tv shows)
Which video game could work?

I don't think L.A. Noire specifically would make a good TV series. The game's main sell (aside from the facial motion capture technology) is its film noir theme. While having a 'film noir'-styled series would be good, I don't think the L.A. Noire universe itself brings anything unique to the table as its rather spartan as far as the genre goes. Likewise, Red Dead Redemption is pretty generic and so, probably isn't worth licensing to be made into a show.

As for Warcraft, I think it would actually be better served as a cartoon/CGI series rather than live-action; since it will be incredibly heavy in terms of visual effects (skeleton armies, giants, urban-block-sized dragons, etc).

Actually, in terms of something truly different, I think Dynasty Warriors would make a good TV series. As it is itself based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the story is suitably epic on the scale of Game of Thrones. And as it would be filmed in China, costs would also be kept lower.

Another choice I think that would work well is Street Fighter, of all things - either as live action or CG; ideally with Monty Oum of Red vs Blue fame (I would show his more recent work from that series instead except they contain 'objectionable' language that the mods might have a problem with) doing the animation.

Fallout is the only game I can really see working as a TV show.

Maybe Metro 2033 too, but that's already a book so. :o

Warcraft, CGI Dead or Alive, L.A.Noire, i don't know much about Red Dead Redemption but when i knew of the story and plans to make it a movie i thought it would be a good idea, then i saw the number of missions and maybe it would be better for tv but since each mission is like 10 mins and some aren't even important i don't know what it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"