Any Italian Posters In Here?

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Sorry if not aloud or wrong section but was just wondering if their were any Italian posters on here or people who have had experience driving through Italy?

I have a trip coming up and a I planned to take the train and spend a day in Modena visiting the famous Car manufactures like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati & Pagani but after seeing at just how spread out they are I am wondering if I would just be better renting a car and taking charge of the travelling myself?

My only real scepticism is
  1. I am from the UK so will be a swap of sides of the road
  2. While visiting Rome the standard of driving seemed insane (I don't mean this badly I know large cities & capitals often can have a totally different feel to other parts of the country)

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in adnvance

I have driven in France, Iceland and Germany...
All of which drive on the wrong side of the road! :cwink:

I drove my own car about 3/4 of the way around France, anti-clockwise on a kind of coastal route. ending up somewhere in a southern region. I can't remember exactly where or when as it was a traumatic trip with a (now) ex-partner from Hell and her similar children!
The preparation on the car was interesting as I had to get headlamp adjusters so that I did not blind oncoming traffic.
Apart from the obvious feeling of weirdness with the road and pavement not being where I expected them, after about an hour or so I had adjusted fairly well.
What I can say is that you definitely have to concentrate a lot more.

But if you are going to be hiring a car, then a lot of that weirdness will not be there. Of course, things like handbrake, pedals etc will be in unfamiliar places...
I drove a locals car when in Iceland and it was an automatic which helped me a lot.
So my advice would be to hire an automatic car.

Big cities have crazy drivers. You should see Manhattan...!
@KRYPTON INC.
Come on buddy, help me out here. :hehe:

That's all I got... :D

You mean straight from Verona Italian or fuggedaboutit Italian?

I am italian but I'm not sure I understand what your question is. I've never been to Rome but if it's anything like Naples... well, Modena (which I have visited, years ago. And I was sick) should be a walk in the park compared to it. There's a world of difference between northern Italy and southern Italy :hehe:

You mean straight from Verona Italian or fuggedaboutit Italian?
What does this mean. lol

Sorry if not allowed or wrong section but was just wondering if their were any Italian posters on here or people who have had experience driving through Italy?
This is the community section, anything that has nothing to do with a specific franchise of entertainment or the mediums of film and TV is allowed here.

But none of the stuff that breaks the rules of a PG-13 message boards.

I am Italian but I'm not sure I understand what your question is. I've never been to Rome but if it's anything like Naples... well, Modena (which I have visited, years ago. And I was sick) should be a walk in the park compared to it. There's a world of difference between northern Italy and southern Italy :hehe:
Would you recommend renting a car or travelling by train to visit designated grounds?

Would you recommend renting a car or travelling by train to visit designated grounds?
He's probably not going to be able to reach the places he wants to visit by train. If he can't rent a car, buses are the next best solution.

But again, I don't live there

Settle it. Pineapple on Pizza? Yay or Nay? :p
At the risk of getting my citizenship revoked... I'm not against its existence. But it does sound disgusting and blasphemous

Absolutely yes for the pineapple and ham, pizza!

My only advice for Italy is, of course, eat EVERYTHING! Don't go back home thinking "I could have eaten that". I've been there are is not a nice place to be...

The churches are amazing, no matter if you are not Catholic, check them out!

The trains we took were Frecciarossa or Frecciabianca, not too expensive and the service is very good. You can buy the tickets threw months in advance, not before.

If you are going to the islands, get a little bit lost, don't follow the stablished route, you can discover small treasures.

There has to be the correct ratio or it is just not right... But when done correctly it is awesome.
And for the record I am of Italian descent. At least 40%. :D

I have driven in France, Iceland and Germany...
All of which drive on the wrong side of the road! :cwink:

I drove my own car about 3/4 of the way around France, anti-clockwise on a kind of coastal route. ending up somewhere in a southern region. I can't remember exactly where or when as it was a traumatic trip with a (now) ex-partner from Hell and her similar children!
The preparation on the car was interesting as I had to get headlamp adjusters so that I did not blind oncoming traffic.
Apart from the obvious feeling of weirdness with the road and pavement not being where I expected them, after about an hour or so I had adjusted fairly well.
What I can say is that you definitely have to concentrate a lot more.

But if you are going to be hiring a car, then a lot of that weirdness will not be there. Of course, things like handbrake, pedals etc will be in unfamiliar places...
I drove a locals car when in Iceland and it was an automatic which helped me a lot.
So my advice would be to hire an automatic car.

Big cities have crazy drivers. You should see Manhattan...!
@KRYPTON INC.
Come on buddy, help me out here. :hehe:

That's all I got... :D

Thanks for the info man, hey when I was in Manhattan you never seemed to be going fast enough to have a crash :funny:

I am italian but I'm not sure I understand what your question is. I've never been to Rome but if it's anything like Naples... well, Modena (which I have visited, years ago. And I was sick) should be a walk in the park compared to it. There's a world of difference between northern Italy and southern Italy :hehe:

What does this mean. lol

Thanks very much for the information.
tumblr_melablkLsv1qg4blro1_500.gif

Which cities are you visiting?
I will be starting the day in Bologna but the only thing I am really wanting to see is The Asinelli Tower and Piazza Maggiore so will be getting up really early to do that as soon as it opens.

After that just planning on using the rest of the day to see the car manufactures and museums. Have checked Google earth and the best way to do it seems to be
  • Bologna City Centre to Museum Ferruccio Lamborghini (Lamborghini Museum) 20-30 minutes
  • Museum Ferruccio Lamborghini (Lamborghini Museum) to Lamborghini (Factory) 25-25 minutes
  • Lamborghini (Factory) to Maserati (Factory) 20-30 minutes
  • Maserati (Factory) to Museo Enzo Ferrari (Ferrari Museum) 10 minutes
  • Museo Enzo Ferrari (Ferrari Museum) to Pagani Automobili (Pagani Factory) 20 minutes

I've been to Bologna and it's one of the most beautiful cities I've visited. I looks unreal. So neat.

This city is "small" and you can get to see it in a day or two, really. Well, we walked a lot but it's beautiful! And since it's the "university city" is full of young people.

You will eat exquisitely in Italy, but in Bologna you will find the best food (Food in Bologna: 10 Quintessential Must-Eat Foods in Italy's Culinary City — Travlinmad food and travel blog) AND there's one of the best gelaterias ever, they are 100% manufactured. Let me ask for the name of this place and I shall gladly share it with you.

I've been to Bologna and it's one of the most beautiful cities I've visited. I looks unreal. So neat.

This city is "small" and you can get to see it in a day or two, really. Well, we walked a lot but it's beautiful! And since it's the "university city" is full of young people.

You will eat exquisitely in Italy, but in Bologna you will find the best food (Food in Bologna: 10 Quintessential Must-Eat Foods in Italy's Culinary City — Travlinmad food and travel blog) AND there's one of the best gelaterias ever, they are 100% manufactured. Let me ask for the name of this place and I shall gladly share it with you.
Yeah Parmigiano Reggiano, Bolognese and Lasagne are all must try's for sure while I am there.

I am a big ice cream fan so yes please.

I am a big ice cream fan so yes please.

My informant :p forgot the name of the place BUT she says that GROOM is a very good one. Check also this Netflix show, the Italy episode: absolutely exquisite!

I personally recommend the vanilla (with a touch of lemon) flavor.

399a8r.jpg

Do you think this is doable by car in a day?

Have been a little more realistic and just gone for 3 of the car manufactures

B is The Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum
D is The Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari
E is The Pagani Factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe