Does anyone do any woodworking around here?

BAH HUMBBUG!

There's an invisible man
Reaction score
Starting to get into it a little and was wondering if anyone has any advice, tips, books I should read?

Things I am looking to build, bookcases, desks, tables and maybe a little more elaborate if things go well. Also looking to build my own workbench (wanting to make it collapsable and due to size).

Edit: Has anyone used a dremmel? If so what model and how were the results?

Last edited:
I do woodworking when my girlfriends on her period.

ha...ha...ha.

I forgot how helpful the world of comic book forums are.

lol, but really I've done a bit of woodworking, I can use a table saw and lathe and stuff. I made a bookshelf and a night stand years ago but I haven't really dabbled in it for awhile.

the only tip I can give though is measure twice.

It was a required class in high school.

All I did was sleep through it. :/

Oddly enough, my high school didn't have any kind of wood shop class. We had an automotive class, though.

Instead, I took Drama: Stage Craft. We built all of the sets for the Drama Club's productions. Moving platforms, door frames, standing sets, folding sets, painted walls, etc. A surprising amount of woodwork for a class with "drama" and "stage" in its name.

But then came those couple of weeks where we had to learn make-up...

I am a guitar player and as such my interests stretch into the repairing and restoring of guitars too. Though they are made of wood I can't really compare it to woodworking since we use automotive finishing techniques and things like bondo and fiberglass sealant so it's more like working on a boat I guess.

My brother does a lot of wood work, he made my mom's table, and he has made many things, I really enjoy seeing what he will do next.

I did some chippy work for a while. I was building these mobile homes for pikeys.

But it was mainly doing trusses and frame works for walls, doing floors and stuff like that. I didn't do any stuff like what you mention.

But get a chop saw. Chop saw's are awesome. And jigsaws. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"