any mormons here?

Triadkd

Civilian
Reaction score
The news has been showing all this stuff about al sharpton and mit romney's mormonism. I heard them say that in their scripture blacks are an inferior people and cursed by god, is this true? And how do they think jesus got to america?

I heard Al Sharpton's comments on the Hannity show (something that is not enjoyable for me personally, my father was controlling the radio though :() and I find them as appalling as anything Imus said. While I am not big into "two wrongs making a right" and I have said constantly that I do not agree that Imus should of been fired for his remarks - the heat Sharpton personally put on Imus means that we should judge him with the same criteria.

The news has been showing all this stuff about al sharpton and mit romney's mormonism. I heard them say that in their scripture blacks are an inferior people and cursed by god, is this true? And how do they think jesus got to america?

In the Book of Mormon, Alma 3:6-12, dark skin is associated with ancestral rebellion against God.
It also mentions the "Curse of the Lamanites". God turned their skin dark because they were disobedient and gave dark skin to all their offspring so White people would know not to have sex and procreate with them.

Joseph Smith just took it for granted that Black people were cursed by God since that was already a popular notion, but the 2nd president of the church, Brigham Young, said that Black people are Black because they're cursed by God and that's why we can never "race-mix" and why it was coo to own them as slaves, 'cause God didn't dig them.

That was also why he said they can't become priests.

Then, people started to mention how ****ed up that was too much, and suddenly in 1978.....God decided to change his mind and let Black people become priests.

I'm surprised at how long it took God to forgive them! :wow:

Jesus just came to America like, magically, from the Heavens, I believe....with a blinding light, etc.

I wonder how much a round trip Blinding Light from here to Vegas would cost me?

jag

Tee hee, I thought the title said morons.

Funny thing is...I know a couple dozen Mormons...has anyone else noticed that they are remarkably nice and kind people? I've never heard any of them say a bad word about anyone or anything...It's really odd...

They aren't near as angry as us Catholics...:p

Funny thing is...I know a couple dozen Mormons...has anyone else noticed that they are remarkably nice and kind people? I've never heard any of them say a bad word about anyone or anything...It's really odd...

That's because they wait until they think you are out of earshot and can't hear them anymore. No joke.

jag

I'll tell you one thing, Mormons are some devoted motherf***ers.
If your house is on a 100-foot hill, they will ride their bikes up that b!tch to give you the message of the Book of Peter.

They aren't near as angry as us Catholics...:p
I was just talking about it with the Lizard yesterday.

Being from Utah, I think it's weird how people don't want us to say all Mexicans are lazy, but they'll say all Mormons are sweet and decent....seeing as how my childhood friends were beaten regularly by their Mormon father, who gave his own daughter a concussion, and a Mormon told me he'd kill me if I gave his sister another cigarette.....and I'd never, ever given her a cigarette....but he didn't know that, 'cause she panicked when she got caught with one and lied, saying it was mine. So...uh

I was just talking about it with the Lizard yesterday.

Being from Utah, I think it's weird how people don't want us to say all Mexicans are lazy, but they'll say all Mormons are sweet and decent....seeing as how my childhood friends were beaten regularly by their Mormon father, who gave his own daughter a concussion, and a Mormon told me he'd kill me if I gave his sister another cigarette.....and I'd never, ever given her a cigarette....but he didn't know that, 'cause she panicked when she got caught with one and lied, saying it was mine. So...uh

:wow::wow: Whoa!

Mormonism is nothing but a cult, just as Wilhelm said they literally believe that black people have been cursed by god. Let’s not forget they think Native Americans are a lost tribe is Israelites. I have no more respect for them than I do Scientology.

They do, or at least they tend to. The whole thing about "blacks" come from a belief that the God turned the skin of the Indians a dark red for disobeying and persecuting Christ (when he appeared in the New World). Black just got lumped in because, at the time, it was commonplace to be racist towards Blacks and hey any other reason to potentially hate them was thrown in on top of all the other ridiculous reasons.

However most Mormons, in Massachusetts, don't buy into the story as literally (on the whole) as say...people in Utah.

If you ever get a chance to visit the Mormon temple in Utah it's interesting to say the least. The spiral staircase features paintings of Biblical events which are so horribly inaccurate it borders on offensive. The buff bodies, white skin and blonde hair gets particularly ridiculous, especially when they don't even bother to change it for Egpytian and Persian characters being represented. However I think the Coup de Graci is the buff, stoic statue of Jesus that speaks to you (and sounds somewhat like Orson Welles) at the top of the stairs.

To be fair, Mitt Romney, being a Massachusetts/Boston native, never was an outspoken Mormon...and even if his beliefs are wacky it never crossed over into his politics, in fact recently he said as much when asked about it.

Think of it like this. When JFK ran people questioned his Catholicism, and among his early slanderings was the notion that if he became leader that the Pope would be the de facto decision maker and policy setter of the United States. That idea in and of itself is as ridiculous as the story of the Book of Mormon. Yes, some Mormons hate black people (I'd imagine some Jewish and Christian people do as well) and some are brainwashed beyond recognition as human beings...but Romney wouldn't be a credible public servant if he was either of those things. He was Governor of a very liberally progressive (the 2nd most liberal state) and very culturally and religiously diverse state...so certainly his Mormonism did not conflict with his ability to do his job then.

I won't be voting for him simply because Hilary or Obama already have my vote...I want a black and or woman President...so...

I’m sure he’ll get the Mormon vote, but they’re about one percent of the population. There’s almost no way that he’ll win.

I’m sure he’ll get the Mormon vote, but they’re about one percent of the population. There’s almost no way that he’ll win.
He's doing alright at the moment. 35% of those polled viewed him as a favorable candidate. And in New Hampshire he is 9 points ahead of McCain and Guiliani. In Iowa he is already shown as only 4 points behind the leading candidate (who I believe is Guiliani at the moment). So he isn't doing that poorly, and actually if McCain's health keeps declining and Guiliani keeps looking like a wacky guy and keeps getting slack from NYC firefighters (as he has been) then he may come out as the front runner.

He's doing alright at the moment. 35% of those polled viewed him as a favorable candidate. And in New Hampshire he is 9 points ahead of McCain and Guiliani. In Iowa he is already shown as only 4 points behind the leading candidate (who I believe is Guiliani at the moment). So he isn't doing that poorly, and actually if McCain's health keeps declining and Guiliani keeps looking like a wacky guy and keeps getting slack from NYC firefighters (as he has been) then he may come out as the front runner.

Thirty-five percent of the population isn’t much, there’s too many people (including myself) that won’t vote for a Mormon. Guiliani at the moment seems to be the only good candidate for the Republicans. That being said he isn’t that good of a candidate, he’s too lack for the likings of many conservatives and others are sick of his “9/11 mayor” bull ****.

Thirty-five percent of the population isn’t much, there’s too many people (including myself) that won’t vote for a Mormon. Guiliani at the moment seems to be the only good candidate for the Republicans. That being said he isn’t that good of a candidate, he’s too lack for the likings of many conservatives and others are sick of his “9/11 mayor” bull ****.
Well considering they said the same thing about JFK (who got elected), and considering the top two candidates for President currently are a female and a black person (which potential Muslim background), I'd say that type of thinking really doesn't apply here. If anything, Mitt Romeny is going to have a much harder time getting over his "pro-abortion" and "pro-equal tax advantages for gays" stances of the past 10 years. And as I say, the Mormon problem is starting to wear off fairly quickly. He's done an excellent job addressing it too.

Well considering they said the same thing about JFK (who got elected), and considering the top two candidates for President currently are a female and a black person (which potential Muslim background), I'd say that type of thinking really doesn't apply here. If anything, Mitt Romeny is going to have a much harder time getting over his "pro-abortion" and "pro-equal tax advantages for gays" stances of the past 10 years. And as I say, the Mormon problem is starting to wear off fairly quickly. He's done an excellent job addressing it too.

Most people are much more open to the idea of a Catholic president than a Mormon. Catholics are around thirty percent of the population while Mormons are about one. Catholics don’t believe that the garden of Eden is in Independence Missouri.

Most people are much more open to the idea of a Catholic president than a Mormon. Catholics are around thirty percent of the population while Mormons are about one. Catholics don’t believe that the garden of Eden is in Independence Missouri.
Now. Not back when JFK ran. They accused him of taking his orders from the Pope. People literally claimed he would call the Pope from the Oval Office to make decisions. So no, people at the time weren't more open.

Now. Not back when JFK ran. They accused him of taking his orders from the Pope. People literally claimed he would call the Pope from the Oval Office to make decisions. So no, people at the time weren't more open.

Then after he handled the Cuban missile crisis everyone fell in love with him.

You probably shouldn't start talking about Independence, MO(where I was born), Mormonism being a cult, the other religions there(which I will not name at this time)etc. It's bull****.

I'm not religious and yet I'm mildly offended. Everyone thinks they're an expert on Mormonism when most people know nothing about it.

It roolz cept for the no coffee, holy underwear, temple rites, no pop, no booze, no female ordinations. :)

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"