Why Is Bad News About African Americans So Popular?:

I can understand people having different religous belifes thats a fact of life but their are people who staright up say I hate muslims or Islam without knowing anything about it other than some sensational headline in a newspaper.

Islam is like christianity in that there are different denominations of islam and not everyone belives the exact same thing just like in the christian church.

If people actully took the time to perhaps dicuss or reseach about the religion they might get some of their facts straight or questions answered.
People are never gonna get along and aour children will never have some kind of peace if we don't learn to understand one another and discuss our problems.

These radical islamic terrorist are not gonna go away with purely military means as its the idealolgy that we need to defeat.
I agree with you 100%.

That too!

...and I just returned from the X-forums and see that you'd like to see Morrison's X-run be burned. You, sir, are obviously a genius!

Your right about that. They did a pole the other day about how many people distrust muslims and I can't remeber the exact figure but it was a lot. The media has wiped people up into a frenzy to believe muslims are evil murdering nutjobs.

The muslim council of britain that said the muslims feel like the Jews did before world war 2 in germany. Cut off and distrusted. How many people these days get on a train or a plane with a middle eastern or south asian looking guy and start feeling uncomfortable.

Fear mongering is what quite a few news outlets use as their bread and butter.

Except the Jews never went around blowing up Germans. Don't tell me you wouldn't start getting scared if some muslim guy got on his knees and started chanting Allah's name in an airplane as part of his daily prayer. Ok nuff said.

Bad news sells. There are many more people that do good than evil, but you won't hear about it unless they tell you themselves. But it would be a moot point. All the criminal activity you hear about is from places where there are a lot of like minded people living in the same area, they ain't spread out over the vicinity.

Agreed. It's not about race per se...but I do believe the more extreme the story is, the more hype it gets. If a man chopped up his wife and ate part of her for dinner, it'd be very popular on the news--it wouldn't matter what color his skin is.

Although, most likely it wouldn't be a black man...since it wouldn't taste like chicken. :p

well, to be fair.
the media thrives on fear, I don't know if it's just the US media, or mostly the US and Mexican media.
the other day I was watching some show and a quick cut of the evening news came on and it was like "we'll show you the most dangerous zones for parking this holiday season in "HOLIDAY DANGER ZONES!!!"" complete with ominous announcer voice and all.
it would be funny were it not the norm.
I think that for some reason we have as a whole, lost focus, it seems that News outlets noticed that nobody cares about positive accomplishments and rather hear about the dangerous minorities out to get them all.
I don't really see a quick end to this until everyone just tunes out.

:up:

I remember every year when they came out with the most dangerous cities in America, my hometown of Gary, Indiana was always at the top of the list. And of course, we're all negro in that little burg. Anytime someone asks where I'm from and I tell them, they were like, "OMG, is it really that bad? Have you ever seen a drive-by?" I'm not trying to be sarcastic as I normally am, I swear on my life people have asked me that and not even attempted to be subtle.

Everytime I hear someone say they hate muslims or how the muslim faith is idiotic, etc. I just roll my eyes. I already know where they got the idea.

I hate that. :down

Bad news is popular no matter what race you are. It's all part of human competition. We all want to see who has it the worst, and then try and come up with something even worse than that.

That too!

...and I just returned from the X-forums and see that you'd like to see Morrison's X-run be burned. You, sir, are obviously a genius!

Why Thank You :up: :cyclops:

Except the Jews never went around blowing up Germans. Don't tell me you wouldn't start getting scared if some muslim guy got on his knees and started chanting Allah's name in an airplane as part of his daily prayer. Ok nuff said.

Not really. If a dude was saying Allah peace be upon him or whatever I'm not gonna freak out.

I remember every year when they came out with the most dangerous cities in America, my hometown of Gary, Indiana was always at the top of the list. And of course, we're all negro in that little burg. Anytime someone asks where I'm from and I tell them, they were like, "OMG, is it really that bad? Have you ever seen a drive-by?" I'm not trying to be sarcastic as I normally am, I swear on my life people have asked me that and not even attempted to be subtle.

Oh Come on, How bad can Gary be? The Jacksons came from there........oh I see :(

Bad news is popular no matter what race you are. It's all part of human competition. We all want to see who has it the worst, and then try and come up with something even worse than that.

but the bad news amongst blacks is portrayed and show more throughout the media than any other race.

there are also some legitimate reasons (terrorism, honor killings, masogeny) people honestly don't feel comfortable about Islam.

misogyny exists in Christianity and catholicism, so does Terrorism.
and honor Killings, so I don't see the point "people" would be honing in on Islam.:huh:

I don't really think it's a conspiracy (though I wouldn't put it past them) I just think the media is way too focused on bad news, regardless of race. It's really weird. We've heard pretty much all the bad news there is to hear, over and over and over, but they still focus on it as though nothing else that happens is news. :huh:

but the bad news amongst blacks is portrayed and show more throughout the media than any other race.

i cant say i 100 percent agree with this(although i often wonder) because the media always focuses on negativity , you hardly ever hear the good things and everyday there is some outlandish crime happening that becomes latched onto and is the story of the day.

Amazingly, the study suggested that Blacks who were more cynical and expected to be discriminated against were not as adversely affected. In other words, many of us have built negative expectations into our very approach to life in America as some type of psychological defense mechanism. This mechanism may prevent our blood pressure from skyrocketing and damaging our hearts in the face of negatives but it also undermines hope and positive expectations.

I agree with this.

I agree with this.

Amazingly, the study suggested that Blacks who were more cynical and expected to be discriminated against were not as adversely affected. In other words, many of us have built negative expectations into our very approach to life in America as some type of psychological defense mechanism. This mechanism may prevent our blood pressure from skyrocketing and damaging our hearts in the face of negatives but it also undermines hope and positive expectations.

I have seen that in some black folks. I'm not like that though. I'm more trusting of people.

I have seen that in some black folks. I'm not like that though. I'm more trusting of people.

There's a difference between trust and naivete. Try to strike a balance, but most people are either too suspicious or too trusting. The ones that are the former never get any enjoyment, and the ones that are the latter get stepped on.

Agreed. It's not about race per se...but I do believe the more extreme the story is, the more hype it gets. If a man chopped up his wife and ate part of her for dinner, it'd be very popular on the news--it wouldn't matter what color his skin is.

Although, most likely it wouldn't be a black man...since it wouldn't taste like chicken. :p

Wait a minute. I cannot think of ONE black serial killer.:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"