Supergirl How would you move Supergirl into the main CWverse?

I am so confused reading all of this.....LOL

The "Arrowverse" refers to the whole multiverse. Earth 1, Earth 2, Earth 3, Supergirl's Earth, 90s Flash's Earth, etc.

What's being discussed is moving Supergirl onto Earth 1. Her Earth is already part of the Arrowverse.

Point been you know what I mean, in the same universe/dimension/whatever as Arrow, the Flash and Legends. Really annoys me when people get snarky when they clearly know what you're talking about :whatever:

A word of advice: Don't believe this Bleeding Cool "merger" crap. It's completely nonsensical based on several factors, one of which is the thing I mentioned above, and the others of which are as follows:
1) Supergirl is not going to stop filming its second episode of the season to set up something that will completely invalidate not only that episode, but everything else that they're planning

2) That Instagram photo of all the boots was already confirmed to be for a promotional shoot

Also, I have never heard/seen anyone associated with any of the series use the specific term "Arrowverse" in relation to Supergirl... only in relation to Arrow, Flash, Legends, and Vixen. Therefore, it is not out of bounds to presume, in the absence of any contradictory information, that the term applies strictly to those series set on Earth-1, with Earth-2, Earth-3, Supergirl's Earth, and the Earth of the 90s Flash series existing in parallel with the "Arrowverse" and being connected to it, but not actually a PART of it.

Honestly, they should do a giant Crisis towards the end of each show, all with villains from Apokolips and have each show end in a flash of white. When the new season begins, kind of treat it like a new episode introducing us to this new world. It wouldn't change so much for Kara as it would for Flash/Arrow since aliens would now be around. It would be really simple.

This rumor can be confirmed or shot down this coming Thursday. The Television Critics Association press tour for the CW is August 11.

This rumor can be confirmed or shot down this coming Thursday. The Television Critics Association press tour for the CW is August 11.

The crossover is not going to be shot until at least November; they're not going to bother addressing such an obviously nonsensical rumor about something that hasn't even been discussed yet and won't be discussed for several months.

A word of advice: Don't believe this Bleeding Cool "merger" crap. It's completely nonsensical based on several factors, one of which is the thing I mentioned above, and the others of which are as follows:
1) Supergirl is not going to stop filming its second episode of the season to set up something that will completely invalidate not only that episode, but everything else that they're planning

2) That Instagram photo of all the boots was already confirmed to be for a promotional shoot

Also, I have never heard/seen anyone associated with any of the series use the specific term "Arrowverse" in relation to Supergirl... only in relation to Arrow, Flash, Legends, and Vixen. Therefore, it is not out of bounds to presume, in the absence of any contradictory information, that the term applies strictly to those series set on Earth-1, with Earth-2, Earth-3, Supergirl's Earth, and the Earth of the 90s Flash series existing in parallel with the "Arrowverse" and being connected to it, but not actually a PART of it.

This is exactly why I don't see the need for Supergirl to be in the Arrowverse and why Flashpoint is not the right story for the mega crossover.

One other reason not to believe this nonsense: The crossover won't even be shot until AT LEAST November, and most likely hasn't even been discussed yet.

That is something that is probably being discussed actively since the amount of prep work for it is huge.

At most, they've got scripts written for 5 or 6 elisodes per series, especially since, as noted, Supergirl is barely filming its second episode.

If the universes merge and again I'm saying IF then it wouldn't invalidate the previous episodes as those events would still have taken place.

Digific, you really need to learn to take others opinions on board. Instead of acting like you're right all the time eapecially when you have been wrong so many times before (example, Henshaw is J'onn Jones). People often learn from their mistakes yet you keep repeating them.

And you honestly are saying it's nonsense as they haven't filmed the crossover yet? So they can't prep for the future? Like they did with J'onn Jonnz?

End of the day we're speculating and it's fun to do so. You don't have to shoot everything down with your know it all stance.

Also I used the term Arrowvese so what? As I said the posters knew what I meant but instead chose to be snarky.

I really don't see why they would think of merging the Supergirl's universe with that of Arrow-verse this soon.

No reason to do this so soon, makes no sense.

I say keep it like Star Trek, particularly Deep Space Nine where the main Trek universe existed as well as the mirror universe. In DS9, it became much more commonplace for people to crossover from one universe to the next as and when the story required, whereas in the original series it was due to a freak transporter accident.

Sometimes characters from the mirror universe would come over to the main universe to fetch parallel characters from there in order to carry out a mission (eg impersonate their counterpart). It became quite commonplace.

If there were a bridge/ portal between Earth 1 and Earth S, then characters could come back and forth when they please, and villains could also travel back and forth, allowing them to share villains and get help when required.

So someone like Reverse Flash could easily decide to travel over to Earth S to get something he required but could come up against Supergirl. Or one of the Kryptonians (or Indigo) could escape to Earth 1 and Supergirl could follow him there.

I think this would preserve both continuities and keep everything less messy, but allow them to go back and forth whenever they please. It would just be like having two separate cities, just like Central City or Star City where sometimes one villain might travel to the other place, but for the most part everyone stays put.

If the universes merge and again I'm saying IF then it wouldn't invalidate the previous episodes as those events would still have taken place.

Digific, you really need to learn to take others opinions on board. Instead of acting like you're right all the time eapecially when you have been wrong so many times before (example, Henshaw is J'onn Jones). People often learn from their mistakes yet you keep repeating them.

And you honestly are saying it's nonsense as they haven't filmed the crossover yet? So they can't prep for the future? Like they did with J'onn Jonnz?

End of the day we're speculating and it's fun to do so. You don't have to shoot everything down with your know it all stance.

Also I used the term Arrowvese so what? As I said the posters knew what I meant but instead chose to be snarky.

1) Because of the way the historit's of Earth-1 and "Earth-S" have played themselves out and been set up, you cannot seamlessly merge them as they currently exist without creating massive story issues

2) Having collaborated with someone who actually worked in a Television writer's room, there is an unimpeachable factual basis for the things that I say when it comes to the way that TV production functions, so this is not simply a case of me being a "know-it-all", but rather a case of me imparting what I understand about how a TV writer's room functions

3) As of Comic-Con, which happened 4 days before Supergirl began filming Season 2, there were 3 scripts out of 22 written. Operating off of my knowledge of how a TV writer's room functions, it takes on average 3-4 days to turn in a finished script, and it has been confirmed that it takes 10 days to shoot a single episode. Because Supergirl did not start filming until the 25th of July, they are currently entering their 5th or 6the day of filming on Episode 2, and likely have only completed the writing of the scripts for Episodes 4 and 5 (possibly 6)

You can dismiss me all you want, but the factual reality of things just doesn't jive with what Bleeding Cool is saying based on what I understand about television production from a writing standpoint and the things that we know to be true regarding Supergirl's specific production schedule.

1) Because of the way the historit's of Earth-1 and "Earth-S" have played themselves out and been set up, you cannot seamlessly merge them as they currently exist without creating massive story issues

2) Having collaborated with someone who actually worked in a Television writer's room, there is an unimpeachable factual basis for the things that I say when it comes to the way that TV production functions, so this is not simply a case of me being a "know-it-all", but rather a case of me imparting what I understand about how a TV writer's room functions

3) As of Comic-Con, which happened 4 days before Supergirl began filming Season 2, there were 3 scripts out of 22 written. Operating off of my knowledge of how a TV writer's room functions, it takes on average 3-4 days to turn in a finished script, and it has been confirmed that it takes 10 days to shoot a single episode. Because Supergirl did not start filming until the 25th of July, they are currently entering their 5th or 6the day of filming on Episode 2, and likely have only completed the writing of the scripts for Episodes 4 and 5 (possibly 6)

You can dismiss me all you want, but the factual reality of things just doesn't jive with what Bleeding Cool is saying based on what I understand about television production from a writing standpoint and the things that we know to be true regarding Supergirl's specific production schedule.

1) they did it in the comics

2) so they never plan ahead more than 5 episodes? Even though we know that to be bollocks from previous shows

3) so because they've only written 5 episodes that means theres no long term plans for things such as crossovers etc? Come on dude you're a joke

Why not own up and admit to stuff you've gotten wrong in the past even though you're the knower of all.

Harrison Wells was Reverse Flash
Hank Henshaw was J'onn Jonzz

2 examples of times you were downright rude to people cause you think you know better than everyone. So I will dismiss you cause you've been wrong in the past so many times and continue to not learn from it. You're just downright rude to people and ruin so many chats in this section with your know it all attitude.

End of the day if they merge the universes or not it's fun to speculate is it not? So why do you always insist on ruining everyone's fun?

rumor is fallout from flashpoint will be explanation for supergirl world now part of rest of CW DC world.that is their way around having to do some kind of portol to other unverse everytime they want to connect arrow and flash to supergirl.

... [the] way around having to do some kind of portal to other universe every time they want to connect Arrow and Flash to Supergirl.

Some think that the “portal system” between the “Flarrowverse” and Earth :super: is actually a win-win. I.e., evoke a portal when you want a ratings-boosting cross-over special. But otherwise, the separate universes can explain away a number of “story logic” issues.

Once I've seen the crossover, I'll explain it to all of you........LMAO.....

There is a TV Guide article about the plans for all four shows. In that article, Berlanti said that they will not integrate Supergirl's universe with the Arrowverse or what they call Universe Prime. That right there ends the idea of putting Supergirl in the Arrowverse once and for all.

well I'll put that down as something that's subject to change. As lot of things are.

it's just they didn't think about it and it's just not in their minds right now. they will find thing;s will become hindrance to open portal up to super girls earth cause they want do two cross overs a year to have her be part of it all the time. sadly.

cause this the difficult rout.

Depending on whether or not Wally and Jesse have speed powers once Barry sets things right and erases the "Flashpoint" reality, there could be a total of 5 different ways to cross dimensions:
1) Barry
2) The Legends of Tomorrow (via the Waverider)
3) Cisco
4) Wally
5) Jesse

It's not going to be a hindrance in the least, and Greg pretty emphatically says as much.

We'll see Then. but It's best to make things simpler for them selves

Well I'm glad the earths aren't merging so soon, I have to admit I only didn't want them to cause I had a feeling it's mean no Superman in future. If they had done it in the Crisis on Infinite Earths way I wouldn't have minded as the past history (well whatever the comic book writers wanted to) stayed intact.

There is a TV Guide article about the plans for all four shows. In that article, Berlanti said that they will not integrate Supergirl's universe with the Arrowverse or what they call Universe Prime.

Sounds good to me. In theory, collapsing Earths 1 (Arrowverse), 2 (Zoom), 3 (Jay Garrick's Flash), "S" (Supergirl) and the 90s Flash Earth into a single Earth could work with a LOT of hand-waving. But, I think it's simpler, more convenient and potentially much more fun and compelling from a story point of view to keep them all separate.

Supergirl now has Lynda Carter on their roster. Imagine an episode where Supergirl ends up on an Earth where Wonder Woman has been a superhero for hundreds of years (to explain Carter's real life aging) and has achieved all sorts of wonderful (pun intended) things. Imagine what a source of inspiration that could be for Kara. Or there's hundreds of other possibilities for all four DC TV shows.

We already know that the Flash will be travelling to Gorilla City on Earth 2. That's just one example of the creative teams still being able to play with all of the interesting ideas provided by the Multiverse. Not to mention potentially the most interesting of all - the DC Movie universe/s co-existing with the four DC TV shows. I doubt it would ever happen, but imagine if they did have a scene of Ezra Miller's Flash in the Speedforce and Grant Gustin's Flash goes speeding by. How awesome would that be!

I think that's a lot better than bring Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, etc into the Arrowverse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"