The Flash How would you merge the Flash/Arrow Earth with the Supergirl Earth?

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
It just irks me as a long time DC fan that we have an Earth with all of the heroes...except Superman, Supergirl and Batman(yes he was vaguely mentioned in Supergirl).

If they would have some kind of crisis that merged both Earths...How would you do it?

They almost did it with Season 2 Zoom destroying all the Earths, like an infinite Crisis thing. Next year they'll have Black Lightning and iZombie too, along with Constantine existing in Earth one too.

Also, Superman has been on Supergirl more in Season 2.

As the Supergirl show is the only one, a "Crisis on Earth-38" that mainly takes place on Supergirl, but integrates their National City into Earth-1, similar to how Flashpoint integrated people like Julian into Central City like he's been there all along, and only the Earth-1 heroes would know otherwise.

I wish the writers would just merge the Earths like the previous 2 posts mentioned. Just because they are all on the same Earth doesn't mean they have to constantly interact. Flash could have come and helped with Adrian...yet doesn't. Yet, you could have those little side interactions...for example Cisco gets a text from Felicity saying she can't help him with a power source. Or Arrow characters talking about added tech thanks to Cisco.

I honestly thought they would've done this back with Flashpoint. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so.

All the suggested methods don't actually solve the real problem with a proposed merger: the fundamental incompatibilities between the Earth-1 and Earth-38 timelines. You simply can't mix together "Flash is the first high profile public superhuman in 2015" with "Superman has been running around in public since 2006". Not without imposing radical and catastrophic changes to one or the other, or both.

Eh, I'd rather they stay separate in the first place. I kinda like the idea that Green Arrow and the Flash are the two "big" heroes on this earth.

All the suggested methods don't actually solve the real problem with a proposed merger: the fundamental incompatibilities between the Earth-1 and Earth-38 timelines. You simply can't mix together "Flash is the first high profile public superhuman in 2015" with "Superman has been running around in public since 2006". Not without imposing radical and catastrophic changes to one or the other, or both.

Changing that wouldn't change any of his actions though, so the timeline would be still be preserved, just with some minor changes like a couple of lines of dialogue.

Its not about changing dialog, its about changing fundamental setting underpinnings that are vital to the characters in question. If Superman has been running around for 10 years, this utterly changes the entire world and setting that inform Barry's character throughout the first season. Instead of being a new OCP, he's some random johnny come lately. Instead of the particle acclerator being a big world-defining deal, its just some random accident. Instead of Flash being impossible, he's. . . not. Instead of pretty much creating the Super Hero, in the public eye, he's a follower.

and that still changes nothing to the degree that everything would still be happening pretty much the same, whether or not he is first or second he and the accident would still be a big deal.

Your focusing on mechanics. I'm not talking about mechanics, I'm talking about theme. Or, to put it more bluntly, radically undercutting the theme of the most popular and successful of your shows? Not a good idea.

The theme would be fine even if he was the second as he'd still be the first human to both get powers and become a hero (remember Superman was the only hero for 12+ years and while a little hard to believe and it undercuts how impactful he must have been if he hadn't inspired anyone else to become a superhero it is what they chose to go with) so he'd still be a big deal.

That just further emphasizes the problem with *Superman's* backstory, specifically, that he's a crappy hero who couldn't inspire anybody.

Plus, there's already an issue with how easily these characters could team up to defeat their enemies.

Ollie could have had Kara use x-ray vision to find Prometheus this season easily.

It'd be nice if they merged them by leaning on firestorm screw something up, and supergirls city, and some others from her time, come over, but not metropolis, etc, and thats it moving forward.

They have a quick scene with superman saying they caused so much damage with it happening that they won't be able to fix and its better to mend what they have in place than try to fix it in it's entirety.

It would be kind of cool in the sense that all stories could simultaneously tie in to each other, but can be still geared to just there city.

It'd let Kara go through a whole creating the symbol as her own arc and no longer in supermans' shadow.

Arrow himself is fully fleshed out after this season..everything else i feel is a re-hash, so could allow for a different sort of political setting where maybe the world doesn't want someone like him operating.

And Flash, well...they kind of kick the bucket everytime so it'd be like every other season, and the merger of sorts would give LoT lots to do.

It just irks me as a long time DC fan that we have an Earth with all of the heroes...except Superman, Supergirl and Batman(yes he was vaguely mentioned in Supergirl).

If they would have some kind of crisis that merged both Earths...How would you do it?
From my very highly professional point of view : I would not even bother.
Originally I thought they were all on the same earth, and if someone said " oh Supergirl is living nearby, just there" without any explanation of how and why; I would accept it as it is.
Now, now that they made it quite clear that Supergirl is on another earth ... I think I would do something as complicated as : OMG they destroyed our earth, let's all move to earth 2 or 3 or whatever ! And let have the same situations but with all the changes the writers would see fit". End of the story.

Wait until a future mega-crossover involving Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Forgive me, I don't watch the CW shows - but they referenced Batman? In what way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"