Arrow Merging the Flarrow Earth with the Supergirl Earth

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
The reason I want it merged...is that it just irks me that we have a superhero verse where Superman, Martian Manhunter and Supergirl are not on "their" Earth.

It could be their big cross-over next year where "some" of the Earths merge.

Do not merge...

Done...

If they couldn't jump between Earths it might be a problem. But right now it isn't any bigger a problem than Barry going to Star City or Ollie going to Central City.
They just hop in a portal and there they are. So no more need to merge Earths than to merge Central City and Star City.

Do not merge...

Done...

Can you summarize a bit? So I can understand your point of view. ????????

Seriously....portal or not. I just want world where ALL my heroes are on one Earth.

Can you summarize a bit? So I can understand your point of view. ????????

Seriously....portal or not. I just want world where ALL my heroes are on one Earth.

Simply put, the writers had no clue what to do with Supergirl in the last crossover anything they did that truly showed her power would overshadow the others... I'm hoping that they fix that this time around, but the fact that she is captured it seems pretty quickly, kinda shows me that they haven't.....ALTHOUGH if that makes for good story telling, then I'm all for it, and so far what I've seen says that it does.....(make for good story telling) :)

But honestly, there truly is no need to merge the earths, except to "have the earths merged". Not really a compelling story telling element as far as I'm concerned. Just continue using the portal, it has worked thus far, it can continue to connect the two earths.

If they merged the Earths then there would be the question of why doesn't Superman or Supergirl swoop in to save the day? All ready get enough of that on Supergirl as to why isn't Superman helping out.
Or why isn't Flash helping Green Arrow out. Merging the Earths would just make it seem more like the Supers are jerks for not helping out.

Kelly: I watched last season's crossover last night and Supergirl got her fair share of screen time on the other shows considering she was just a guest star. She got as much screen time on "The Flash"
as the Legends crew did. And she got as much screen time as Flash did on "DC's Legends of Tomorrow". And both Supergirl and Flash got the same amount of screen time on Arrow. They aren't her shows
so it's unfair to fans of the other shows to think Supergirl would be the dominant character in all three shows.

Last edited:
More importantly, it would torpedo a *lot* of history and theme. A big part of the Flash series, and the theme and underpinning of the main character, is that he *is* The Big Guy. He's the idealistic, noble hero saving the day from the impossible. He's this world-changing miracle that, as the first public superhero, changes what reality means.

All of which gets *completely* destroyed if Superman has been flying around saving the day for a decade before Barry gets struck by lightning.

If they merged the Earths then there would be the question of why doesn't Superman or Supergirl swoop in to save the day? All ready get enough of that on Supergirl as to why isn't Superman helping out.
Or why isn't Flash helping Green Arrow out. Merging the Earths would just make it seem more like the Supers are jerks for not helping out.

Kelly: I watched last season's crossover last night and Supergirl got her fair share of screen time on the other shows considering she was just a guest star. She got as much screen time on "The Flash"
as the Legends crew did. And she got as much screen time as Flash did on "DC's Legends of Tomorrow". And both Supergirl and Flash got the same amount of screen time on Arrow. They aren't her shows
so it's unfair to fans of the other shows to think Supergirl would be the dominant character in all three shows.

I don't believe anyone said she needed to be the dominant character. The crossover was ill-timed, being the 100th episode of Arrow, and the writing was very weak....and I disagree, I think that Supergirl was the odd person out. NOW, I totally understand that the crossover was probably underway as far as writing goes before Supergirl moved to the CW. But I disagree in that she had as much screen time as others.

More importantly, it would torpedo a *lot* of history and theme. A big part of the Flash series, and the theme and underpinning of the main character, is that he *is* The Big Guy. He's the idealistic, noble hero saving the day from the impossible. He's this world-changing miracle that, as the first public superhero, changes what reality means.

All of which gets *completely* destroyed if Superman has been flying around saving the day for a decade before Barry gets struck by lightning.

BINGO....hit the nail on the head with this post.

Kelly...sorry I was just kidding. The question marks was supposed to be a smiley face.

The Flash inspires no one that doesn't live in Central City so Superman being around first wouldn't really change much in that aspect.

But merging the two Earths would have to take dedication and they dont have that.

I see no reason for them to have to permanately merge the two worlds. They have the ability to crossover between worlds....that gets the various characters together now and then.

I see no reason for them to have to permanately merge the two worlds. They have the ability to crossover between worlds....that gets the various characters together now and then.
Most of the supporting characters never go portal hopping, (Cisco being the main exception) so a lot of interesting interactions are limited by the separation. I'm still wondering if Supergirl's Jim Harper is supposed to related to Arrow's Roy Harper...

Yes Guardian Jim Harper and Arsenal Roy Harper are related in the comics, but translating this to television remains in question.

The reason I want it merged...is that it just irks me that we have a superhero verse where Superman, Martian Manhunter and Supergirl are not on "their" Earth.

It could be their big cross-over next year where "some" of the Earths merge.

I like that they are separate.. Always have, that way when they DO have a crossing, there's actual importance to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"